Everything Disney Doll Related

I might have to pass on LE Eric and Ursula now. Having seen Rapunzel in real life I think I might want to get Belle, and Im definitely going to get Ariel.

And next year I think is going to be tough. Im pretty sure with the release of Maleficent and Aurora on Diamond edition we will see LE dolls of Aurora, Maleficent and Phillip.

I might have to pass on LE Eric and Ursula now. Having seen Rapunzel in real life I think I might want to get Belle, and Im definitely going to get Ariel.

And next year I think is going to be tough. Im pretty sure with the release of Maleficent and Aurora on Diamond edition we will see LE dolls of Aurora, Maleficent and Phillip.

If they make an LE doll of Aurora I am definitely getting it! I would want all of them as this movie is at the top of my list, but Aurora for sure! I really hope her dress is blue! :goodvibes

I read that the Diamond Edition Sleeping Beauty is expected to be released about a year from now. I really hope the rumored second wave of the Fairytale Collection is released earlier in the year so we don't have them all coming out at the same time like right now. Aurora and Maleficent will be must-haves for me.

The second 5 of the Fairytale Collection are definitely going to come out, it's just a matter of when. Logic would tell me it'll be the same time next year. Here in the UK we don't have too much trouble getting the dolls, it's just a challenge paying for them all.

MrsR wasn't a huge fan of this collection but as a PP said, it's better to get them now at retail than be at the mercy of resellers. I have no issue with people buying to resell, I have done it a few times myself to help pay for older dolls that we were missing but it is good sense to get the dolls retail if you possibly can.

I think people complain about people buying to sell on for profit but I think a lot of the people who do, do it just to fund their own collections and I don't have a problem with that. Everyone has the same chance to buy them, whatever the reason for buying them is, but having paid over $500 for a couple of the back dolls, we never miss them at retail now!

Our latest challenge is space when we move! We have so many dolls now, we're going to need a house just for them! :rotfl2:

So for the LE Ariel that was preorder. The store "should" have some available for raffle or first come first serve right? I really like her!

Going to buy Aladdin today (not overly excited) crossing my finger my friend can get me belle and beast. If she can't another one is going to try to order it online.

Im new here, really dont know it works... im trying to find somewhere I can sell my disney collection...90% is mickey..any help would be appreciated. .

So for the LE Ariel that was preorder. The store "should" have some available for raffle or first come first serve right? I really like her!

The only way I see the stores having any for sale would be in the case of someone having second thoughts and deciding not to buy the doll. You might contact your local Disney store and see if you can have your name added to a standby list.

The only way I see the stores having any for sale would be in the case of someone having second thoughts and deciding not to buy the doll. You might contact your local Disney store and see if you can have your name added to a standby list.

You pay in full when you preorder and it's non-refundable. Any that weren't picked up would probably go on sale after the window to pick up your doll, which I think is pretty long. My experience in the past has been that they will preorder all of the dolls they will get, or try to, but any leftovers are sold on a first come first serve basis. I only experienced leftovers with Merida and highly doubt there'll be any of Ariel.

You pay in full when you preorder and it's non-refundable.

Oh, that's different than online. There was a pre-approval charge made for my doll, but it did not officially post to my account yet. I assume that happens when the doll ships.

Oh, that's different than online. There was a pre-approval charge made for my doll, but it did not officially post to my account yet. I assume that happens when the doll ships.

Odd. I've never ordered online, only in store. I would have assumed it was the same!

So how many peeple got Jasmine today? I hope that everyone who wanted her got her. I passed on Jasmine, but I think she is one of the best in the collection. Got to contain myself for the LE Eric doll. :goodvibes

I did my first raffle today. This is a beautiful set and if you are on the fence about it, I urge you to buy it. The costumes for both Jasmine and Aladdin are gorgeous, and I think this is the best pose to date. The CM signing people up for the raffle told me they had 16 dolls, and by the time the names were drawn, it appeared there were only about 8-9 people participating. When the first three names were called, no one stepped forward. :eek: I think I was next to last which confirms my bad luck with this sort of thing. But I did get one and that is all that matters. 3 down and 2 to go. :)

I asked the CM about Ursula and Eric and she didn't even know they were coming out on Oct. 1. She asked her supervisor about them and was informed that their store would not be getting any, so that explains her lack of knowledge, I guess. The other two Disney stores which will get them are much further away from me, and one is downtown. I'm going to try to get Ursula online, and if no luck, I will drive to the store that is not downtown, if they use the raffle system. I'll call the day before to see how they plan to handle it. I want this doll, but I don't think I am willing to line up for hours to get her.

Its not that I am on the fence, I wanted her, but with so many dolls coming out I have to pick and choose. I do believe she is one of the best in the series. I just want the LM LE dolls more and The Little Mermaid always comes first for me.
As for their release, I will have to be there hours before as my store will not have a raffle, but some stores will have them, at least that is what I have heard. I wish mine were like this because I am really stressed out by this. I am praying to God that I can get them because I will not pay insane ebay prices.
October 1st needs to get here pronto!

I forgot to congratulate you on getting her! So happy that you got her! ;)

Thanks! I didn't worry about her selling out online quickly, but I wanted to see how the raffle works since I'm very certain Ariel and maybe even Belle are going to be much more popular.

I understand about having to pick and choose. I'm typically a completest about collections. but limited funds and space have to be taken into account. That's why I have decided not to even try to get Eric or any other prince that is released in the future. I really want Ursula, but as you can see I'm not willing to do anything and everything to get her. If not successful, she just becomes one more on the want list.

Thanks! I didn't worry about her selling out online quickly, but I wanted to see how the raffle works since I'm very certain Ariel and maybe even Belle are going to be much more popular.

I understand about having to pick and choose. I'm typically a completest about collections. but limited funds and space have to be taken into account. That's why I have decided not to even try to get Eric or any other prince that is released in the future. I really want Ursula, but as you can see I'm not willing to do anything and everything to get her. If not successful, she just becomes one more on the want list.

I had to pick and choose too. I'm really loving the couples collection so far, but unfortunately, being a college student means limiting the dolls I get. I would love to get all of them if I could, and the couples coming out next year are so tempting too. But I simply do not have the means to get them all. I'm choosing to get Ariel and Eric over all the others because Ariel is my favorite princess. The others will just have to wait and go on my own want list.

I have been wanting to post some things from my collection for a while, but have not done so because 95% of all of my Disney things are in a storage unit. We move around a lot and in order to protect the items we decided to keep them stored away. Turns out last time we went to the unit, some of the storage boxes were all bent/damaged so we had to begin taking things out. Many of the things I have are fragile, so we do not have them on display to avoid accidents. We have not been able to find the boxes with all my dolls and that has be worried to bits. I am praying that they are not all bent. Anyway, here are some of my things. I love Disney in general and collect anything that catches my eye, but as I have said before my main focus is Ariel :lovestruc I was able to bring home some items and thankfully they are all ok. I will try and post more soon :)

Beautiful collection!!! I especially love the plates and wine glasses.

Like you, I have most of my collectibles in storage, not because we move, but just lack of space to display them. The only Disney animated films that I have large collections for are Nightmare Before Christmas and The Lion King, and the bulk of them are in storage. I kind of envy most of you who have a favorite princess or two and therefore can feel okay with being selective with the dolls and other items. I don't have a favorite, so it's become an all or none thing with me.

I'm curious how your boxes were damaged. Was it from stacking something heavy on top of them? That's happened to us before and it's always a shock. Fortunately nothing has been destroyed. One time we discovered someone had managed to open the lock and get into our unit. We eventually decided it was an accident since they added stuff rather than took anything away. But how in the heck did they not think something was wrong? I think I know the answer to that. :p Bad way to learn that some locks on the market have universal keys.

Thank you :)

I really hope the dolls, figurines and snowglobes are ok. I have a lot of plushes too, but they're plushes so its fine. As far as how it happened, exactly what you said. Some things fell over and the weight of the things on top was too much. A couple of thing were squished, including 2 porcelain little mermaid dolls. The dolls are fine, but the boxes are horrible. I am hoping that the boxes that have the dolls are not too bad, but of course I am worried. I love Lion King, we have a couple of things from LK, it is undeniably one of the best Disney Movies ever. I understand about wanting an entire set of things. I tend to be the same way, but so many dolls coming out and also I am big on pins, I have to limit things sometimes. :goodvibes

I just wanted to post that Jasmine and Aladdin are officially sold out. I hope everyone who wanted her got her! Belle and Ariel will fly off shelves. Ariel will most likely sell out the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter