Everything Christmas trip report 11/30-12/6

1983DisneyFanatic

New DVC member 2020
This trip was to encompass all things Christmas, not just Disney, so you can stop reading after the first few days of the trip if you are only interested in the Disney portion. Cast of characters is myself, Candice, 32 year old SAHM of 4 girls (also have a stepson) and my husband, Adam, 38 year old electrician who indulges my love of Disney more than I deserve. This was a trip sans kids for my 33rd birthday which is on the 18th. This ended up being difficult as 6 days was too long for us to be away from our 2 year old. We missed her and wished she was with us the whole time. Here's a picture of us from the trip.
img_8457-jpg.209413

We stayed at POP Century from 11/30-12/2. This was our first time staying at POP and my first time at a value. In the past I have stayed at CSR, CBR, and POR. Overall, I thought it was fine. Often, my touring style is go go go, so a value resort is all I would need. I would stay at POP again or even try another value. I did online check in and received the "room is ready text at 1:27 pm.
img_9258-png.209425

It was torture knowing our room was ready, but we would not be there for hours! We had a late flight and it didn't take off on time, so we arrived later than we expected. We rented a car for the first time from Alamo at MCO and finally arrived to this sight around 9:30.
img_8321-jpg.209429

We went to our room, which was one room over from a corner on the first floor of building 5, room 5135. This room was in a great location for a standard room. It was a short walk to the buses and food court and had a nice lake view close to the bridge to AoA.
img_8325-jpg.209434
img_8328-jpg.209435
After looking around for a little bit, we went to Everything POP and redeemed our mugs, but nothing appealed in the food court for dinner, so we decided to take a bus to Disney Springs.
img_8327-jpg.209436
This was a mistake. The original plan was to share a meal at Everything POP and head to the boardwalk. We didn't have a long wait for the bus and there were only two other people on the bus with us. This should have been a clue to what was to come. Virtually, everything was closed. I knew we wouldn't make it in time to see the new drone show, but I thought we could at least see the Christmas Tree Trail. Nope! That was closed too.
img_8329-jpg.209431
img_8330-jpg.209432

The decorations at Disney Springs were beautiful, so at least we enjoyed that. We walked around and finally found one place open, Splitsville. We had a crunchy California roll and fries because it was 11:30 by this point and we didn't want to eat too much.
img_8333-jpg.209433

I don't know how much our hunger affected our opinion, but this was SO good! At this point, we were both very tired, so we headed back to our room for the night.

Attachments

• IMG_8321.JPG
    IMG_8321.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 38

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter