Everything and Anything Disney

Selseyk

mouseketeer
Hey Guys! So this thread is somewhere where you can post anything you want about the parks, hotels, dining, ect! :wizard: Ask questions, post pictures, commment favorite rides!!

I wanted to put a thread on the teen boards like this because frankly everything on here is RP's and im kinda sick of it :rolleyes1 :confused3

So each week there will be some kinda competition starting on a Sunday!

The winner gets....... well, the satisfaction of winning. The winner will be chosen by me :thumbsup2

There will also be polls, questions asked by me, and various other activities like that :mickeyjum

So............... Get Posting!!! :mickeyjum:tigger::sulley::figment::goofy::ccat: :donald: :simba::stitch::dumbo:

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD :woohoo:

Well I just discovered that I will be going to WDW in October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and also the Food and Wine Festival!!

EDIT: Also, I have a question! When pin trading what's the easiest way to carry your pins? On my last cruise I put all my pins on a lanyard and one that I had just bought and it was my absolute favorite, was too heavy and fell off. Do you do lanyards or do you do something else?

Well I just discovered that I will be going to WDW in October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and also the Food and Wine Festival!!

EDIT: Also, I have a question! When pin trading what's the easiest way to carry your pins? On my last cruise I put all my pins on a lanyard and one that I had just bought and it was my absolute favorite, was too heavy and fell off. Do you do lanyards or do you do something else?

Hi! Thanks for replying to my thread :thumbsup2

I actually went to Disney for these exact same 2 events last year!

"Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party" was amazing! It was so fun and there are a lot of cool surprises there. The shows and parades are really cool and make sure to get around to the characters and the special candy spots. BTW if you want to go to the parade make sure you get there a bit earlier because there might just be a little surprise :rolleyes1

The food and wine festival is also great. The food at most of booths were amazing. MY favorite was at a booth called Terra. They had the best mango sorbet I have ever had and it was covered in a coconut foam. Make sure to check that out popcorn::

Finally with the lanyard problem, yeah when I go down I do use a lanyard and actually I have the exact same problem as you. So sadly, I really dont have a solution for you. Normally if I get a heavy pin, I dont put it on my lanyard for that reason.

I hope those descriptions helped you :thumbsup2 and again thanks for replying to my thread :worship:

I used to carry mine on a lanyard but then I got to many. So now I carry my traders in a bag/pencil case type thing when I go to the parks. So I can trade. I display them on a pegboard at home though

I used to carry mine on a lanyard but then I got to many. So now I carry my traders in a bag/pencil case type thing when I go to the parks. So I can trade. I display them on a pegboard at home though

Thats a good idea! :thumbsup2 I carry a draw-string bag around the parks and you could keep them in there! :thumbsup2

Oh that's a great idea! I really don't want to lose any pins, even if they're just my traders! Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for replying to my thread :thumbsup2

I actually went to Disney for these exact same 2 events last year!

"Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party" was amazing! It was so fun and there are a lot of cool surprises there. The shows and parades are really cool and make sure to get around to the characters and the special candy spots. BTW if you want to go to the parade make sure you get there a bit earlier because there might just be a little surprise :rolleyes1

The food and wine festival is also great. The food at most of booths were amazing. MY favorite was at a booth called Terra. They had the best mango sorbet I have ever had and it was covered in a coconut foam. Make sure to check that out popcorn::

Finally with the lanyard problem, yeah when I go down I do use a lanyard and actually I have the exact same problem as you. So sadly, I really dont have a solution for you. Normally if I get a heavy pin, I dont put it on my lanyard for that reason.

I hope those descriptions helped you :thumbsup2 and again thanks for replying to my thread :worship:

I'm so excited for both events :) For mnsshp my goal is to meet all the villains, since for some odd reason I never have. And the mango sorbet with coconut sounds AMAZING.

My tip for anyone buying an iPod case @ Disney. Don't. They don't have much of a selection. And After a year my case started cracking. That was a waste of my $40. :(

I love getting those charms for a bracelet as a souvenir. I have enough charms to make two bracelets now! :)

My tip for anyone buying an iPod case @ Disney. Don't. They don't have much of a selection. And After a year my case started cracking. That was a waste of my $40. :(

I love getting those charms for a bracelet as a souvenir. I have enough charms to make two bracelets now! :)

Ok that's good to hear! I always wanted one of those phone cases but I drop my phone WAY too much to have anything but an Otterbox or a Lifeproof...haha!

The charm bracelets are so cute I'm thinking of starting one. How much is each charm?

MNSSHP is AMAZING! I hope you have fun!!!!

Food and Wine Festival is great, too. I am SO picky but I open the doors a little during the festival and I try so many foods (not all are good but oh well).

That stinks! Well, I used to do lanyards, but after a while it was easier to just put them in a bag. We carry around an Ohio State (go Buckeyes!) bag with sunscreen, sunglasses, and stuff like that. So, we use a compartment in the bag for 2 Ziploc bags, one 'Traders' pin bag and one 'Keepers' pin bag. It's easier and more convenient to carry around.

MNSSHP is AMAZING! I hope you have fun!!!!

Food and Wine Festival is great, too. I am SO picky but I open the doors a little during the festival and I try so many foods (not all are good but oh well).

That stinks! Well, I used to do lanyards, but after a while it was easier to just put them in a bag. We carry around an Ohio State (go Buckeyes!) bag with sunscreen, sunglasses, and stuff like that. So, we use a compartment in the bag for 2 Ziploc bags, one 'Traders' pin bag and one 'Keepers' pin bag. It's easier and more convenient to carry around.

Thanks!!! I'm so excited that when we went to buy fabric for my Belle dress the cashier looked at me and was like "Oh you're excited." I was like "YEP!" I honestly can't get my mind off it...yay for last minute trip planning, hehe

That's a good idea!! that way you dont have to wear it around your neck and worry about them falling, thanks!

Random question for anyone: How is the counter service food at Be Our Guest? I WANT TO GO SO BAD!

AC19A024-BBD2-4F34-9B12-16EEF6C8235E-3936-000005A52628FDE0_zps662514c5.jpg

Amazon $8.00 and I LOVE it

I got a bracelet on my first trip - I don't even want to know how much time I spent pouring over all the charms to pick my favorites.

Softball Chick I LOVE your avatar. Geeked out when I saw it. 8) Doctor Who is awesome.

Yeah I agree! The IPod case and phone case selection is pretty bad!! The designs are pretty terrible and they aren't high quality. I actually got a cute Mickey Mouse one at Target that is high quality and was pretty cheap. I drop my phone so much that I need an otter box too! But I think a cool idea is that u can draw on your otter box cute disney designs and such.

Thanks!!! I'm so excited that when we went to buy fabric for my Belle dress the cashier looked at me and was like "Oh you're excited." I was like "YEP!" I honestly can't get my mind off it...yay for last minute trip planning, hehe

That's a good idea!! that way you dont have to wear it around your neck and worry about them falling, thanks!

Random question for anyone: How is the counter service food at Be Our Guest? I WANT TO GO SO BAD!
I haven't been able to try it, but it looks AMAZING and I love the decor!

OMG Softball chick loving your avatar and tags ;)

Yeah I agree! The IPod case and phone case selection is pretty bad!! The designs are pretty terrible and they aren't high quality. I actually got a cute Mickey Mouse one at Target that is high quality and was pretty cheap. I drop my phone so much that I need an otter box too! But I think a cool idea is that u can draw on your otter box cute disney designs and such.

I want to draw a simple version of the Cinderella castle on my case in silver sharpie!

abidale said:

I had lunch there, I really liked it. If I remember correctly most lunch items were sandwiches.

Thanks! Does it cost more than a normal counter service or is it about the same?

Not sure. You order at the counter with these really awesome digital interactive menus, and then you go get your drinks and sit and they bring it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter