Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading through all this, but just want to clarify. Can you take pictures at the park, wait until you get home, see how they are, and *then* purchase the memory maker? I don't really want to pay up front and find them useless. I will be bringing my own DSLR, but it's hard to get family photos, obviously.

There is more options than memory maker which is outlined in the first post to purchase photos. To answer your question specifically, memory maker is offered in 2 versions with 3 prices. First is all the photos from 1 park operating day which you can purchase after the photos are taken from the mde phone app. Second is all the photos you can get before things expire so basically all the photos of your trip. The second option is $169 but there is a $20 discount if you purchase it at least 3 days before the first photo is taken. So yes, you can purchase it after the trip but it'll be a $20 premium. you can also price out the photos you want as the per photo, one day memory maker or a combo of both might yield and even better price. there is nothing to purchase to use the photographers so purchasing after or during the trip is not an issue and your free to use all the photo options disney includes with their photopass service.

It's really going to come down to how many ride photos which you can't really take yourself, or how many photographer photos with everyone in them you want. Without the ride photos, it would probably be cheaper to get the 4-6 photos you want per photo, but the ride photos will easily throw it over the cost where memory maker is the better deal. Also you could ask them to also take a photo with your camera however they are not a seasoned professional photographer so you may not get results your happy with when you take the camera they were trained with out of their hands. That's not to say they will be brilliant with the disney nikons and while they are usually great photos, I can't say I've been happy with every single one.

Well, here comes a another doozy of a question. We leave in a week. My daughter, her husband and their little tink will be along. My wife is an AP holder. My daughter bought the Memory Maker. After we get back, can both of them download? My wife because she is an AP holder and my daughter because she bought it? Don't want the pic's to disappear like up above.

Well, here comes a another doozy of a question. We leave in a week. My daughter, her husband and their little tink will be along. My wife is an AP holder. My daughter bought the Memory Maker. After we get back, can both of them download? My wife because she is an AP holder and my daughter because she bought it? Don't want the pic's to disappear like up above.

I'd say you are probably one of the few who actually are doing it how disney would like.

I'd say you are probably one of the few who actually are doing it how disney would like.

Yeah, but I would have stopped my daughter from doing it if I had known she was. It is kind of a waste, but she wants to download, my wife wants to be able to as well so it works as long as the pictures don't disappear when they both are trying to download.

Yeah, but I would have stopped my daughter from doing it if I had known she was. It is kind of a waste, but she wants to download, my wife wants to be able to as well so it works as long as the pictures don't disappear when they both are trying to download.

Disney wants everyone to buy their own and that's exactly what you have here.. there is nothing to worry about.. The people who are having their pictures removed by disney are sharing the cost of memory maker, each downloading it directly from disney from the same account.. You have 2 people who will be downloading it directly from disney with each having purchased the photos their own way.. You are doing it correctly.

Just to be complete, because your wife has an AP she will see the pictures for 365 days. Because your daughter is on a regular ticket with memory maker, the photos will disappear from her account after 45 days.. this is normal time frame when it happens and is suppose to happen like this. AP holders just get longer expiration dates on photopass photos than regular tickets.

Disney wants everyone to buy their own and that's exactly what you have here.. there is nothing to worry about.. The people who are having their pictures removed by disney are sharing the cost of memory maker, each downloading it directly from disney from the same account.. You have 2 people who will be downloading it directly from disney with each having purchased the photos their own way.. You are doing it correctly.

Just to be complete, because your wife has an AP she will see the pictures for 365 days. Because your daughter is on a regular ticket with memory maker, the photos will disappear from her account after 45 days.. this is normal time frame when it happens and is suppose to happen like this. AP holders just get longer expiration dates on photopass photos than regular tickets.

Good deal. Thanks.

Disney wants everyone to buy their own and that's exactly what you have here..

If that was the case, then they wouldn't allow people on the buyer's Friends and Family list have their pictures added, and they wouldn't allow unlimited downloads.

If that was the case, then they wouldn't allow people on the buyer's Friends and Family list have their pictures added, and they wouldn't allow unlimited downloads.

My personal opinion is this is 2 different things.. 1 is getting photos of everyone during your trip and 2 is who has purchased the license to do somethign with them and what the terms of that license is.. I am not qualified to offer legal advice so I am not going to get into that but my personal interpretation is that everyone getting copies of the photos should have purchased them.

My personal opinion is this is 2 different things.. 1 is getting photos of everyone during your trip and 2 is who has purchased the license to do somethign with them and what the terms of that license is.. I am not qualified to offer legal advice so I am not going to get into that but my personal interpretation is that everyone getting copies of the photos should have purchased them.

But once you purchase them, you're free to do what you want with them (other than selling them).

But once you purchase them, you're free to do what you want with them (other than selling them).

It doesn't read that way to me but again this isn't legal advice as I'm not qualified to offer that.

This is the last thing I'm posting on this. I'm not going to get into a legal discussion about what the terms say or don't say. We don't have to agree and I'm not saying your wrong or I'm right.

There is more options than memory maker which is outlined in the first post to purchase photos. To answer your question specifically, memory maker is offered in 2 versions with 3 prices. First is all the photos from 1 park operating day which you can purchase after the photos are taken from the mde phone app. Second is all the photos you can get before things expire so basically all the photos of your trip. The second option is $169 but there is a $20 discount if you purchase it at least 3 days before the first photo is taken. So yes, you can purchase it after the trip but it'll be a $20 premium. you can also price out the photos you want as the per photo, one day memory maker or a combo of both might yield and even better price. there is nothing to purchase to use the photographers so purchasing after or during the trip is not an issue and your free to use all the photo options disney includes with their photopass service.

It's really going to come down to how many ride photos which you can't really take yourself, or how many photographer photos with everyone in them you want. Without the ride photos, it would probably be cheaper to get the 4-6 photos you want per photo, but the ride photos will easily throw it over the cost where memory maker is the better deal. Also you could ask them to also take a photo with your camera however they are not a seasoned professional photographer so you may not get results your happy with when you take the camera they were trained with out of their hands. That's not to say they will be brilliant with the disney nikons and while they are usually great photos, I can't say I've been happy with every single one.
From all the info I can find, I don't think you can do memory maker after the fact. I'm really mainly interested in hopefully getting Jedi Training for the little guy and getting some good photos from that. But I don't want to pay if we don't even know we'll get to do it!

From all the info I can find, I don't think you can do memory maker after the fact. I'm really mainly interested in hopefully getting Jedi Training for the little guy and getting some good photos from that. But I don't want to pay if we don't even know we'll get to do it!

I am 10,000% positive you can purchase the full priced memory maker during or after the trip and get all your photos. (military discount available but that must be purchased in person at guest relations). but you must purchase it and download all your photos before they expire which is 45 days after the day they were taken. buying memory maker after the photos disappear will not get them back.

In addition to memory maker purchased after the trip there is also some other options like per photo.. I personally recommend you go with whatever is the cheapest price even if $15 a photo sounds expensive. $45 for 3 photos is much cheaper than memory maker if you dont' want all the photos.

What you might have read is to get the discounted pre-trip price you must purchase it at least 3 days prior to the first photo being taken to get all your photos.

Thank you for creating this thread. It is very helpful.

I have a question about Memory Maker and MNSSHP. I pre-purchased the Memory Maker and will be going in late August with DD20. Our MNSSHP tickets are not on our Magic Bands so we can prebook 3 FP using the party tickets in addition to the 3 FP linked to our Magic Band tickets since we will be visiting AK in the morning of the party.

There are special MNSSHP Magic shots exclusive to the party goers. Can I use my Magic Band to scan for the Magic shots though my MNSSHP ticket is not on my Magic Band? I am not sure how it works to get the special MNSSHP Magic shots. Do photographers need to scan my party ticket to allow me to take the shot or the wristband I wear at the party is sufficient as proof? If I can only scan my party ticket for the Magic shots and I have linked the MDE holding the party tickets to my Magic Band MDE, am I able to use my Memory Maker to download the Magic shots I take at the party using the party ticket? I hope I am not confusing you here. I know I can save the photo shots I take to my Photopass account by scanning with my Magic Band. I wonder whether the MNSSHP Magic shots have to be scanned with party tickets or with Magic Bands that have the party entitlements. I am worried since my Magic Band with Memory Maker does not have the party entitlement. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

There are special MNSSHP Magic shots exclusive to the party goers. Can I use my Magic Band to scan for the Magic shots though my MNSSHP ticket is not on my Magic Band? I am not sure how it works to get the special MNSSHP Magic shots. Do photographers need to scan my party ticket to allow me to take the shot or the wristband I wear at the party is sufficient as proof? If I can only scan my party ticket for the Magic shots and I have linked the MDE holding the party tickets to my Magic Band MDE, am I able to use my Memory Maker to download the Magic shots I take at the party using the party ticket? I hope I am not confusing you here. I know I can save the photo shots I take to my Photopass account by scanning with my Magic Band. I wonder whether the MNSSHP Magic shots have to be scanned with party tickets or with Magic Bands that have the party entitlements. I am worried since my Magic Band with Memory Maker does not have the party entitlement. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

The system is always changing so the only way to find out is try. I don't see why there would be any issues using your band, the party doesn't work that way and it's a visual wrist band to show your suppose to be there.

Regarding the Immediate Purchase ($169) vs Advance Purchase ($149) - how is the "3 days in Advance" calculated? Precisely 72 hours from the time of purchase? In short, its Saturday evening. We check into the Poly on Monday and head to the parks on early Tuesday morning. Technically, 72 hours would mean that it doesn't activate until Tuesday evening. Trying to see if I can save the $20..... Thanks!

Regarding the Immediate Purchase ($169) vs Advance Purchase ($149) - how is the "3 days in Advance" calculated? Precisely 72 hours from the time of purchase? In short, its Saturday evening. We check into the Poly on Monday and head to the parks on early Tuesday morning. Technically, 72 hours would mean that it doesn't activate until Tuesday evening. Trying to see if I can save the $20..... Thanks!

This is all disney has on the question: "If you purchased Memory Maker at the advance purchase price, photos taken within 3 days of the date of purchase will not be included in Memory Maker and must be purchased separately." Generally a day at disney means a park operating day so that would be the morning..

I think your outside of the 3 days so your first park day would not be included in the purchase and in that case, the extra $20 is cheaper if you have at least 2 photos on that day so purchase it at the full price which you can do in person if it's not available on the website to buy..

We are only going to be in the parks on a Wed and Thurs, however, we will be in Disney Springs the Mon prior and at 1900 Park Faire on Fri. If I pre purchase the full price MM, will I be able to use it on Mon or is it tied to my park days? I know there is a PP studio at DS otherwise I'd probably just do 2 one day MM. Thank you!

We are only going to be in the parks on a Wed and Thurs, however, we will be in Disney Springs the Mon prior and at 1900 Park Faire on Fri. If I pre purchase the full price MM, will I be able to use it on Mon or is it tied to my park days? I know there is a PP studio at DS otherwise I'd probably just do 2 one day MM. Thank you!

I'm not sure studios is included in memory maker as you have to schedule a time slot, there is costume changes and other things. you'll need to find that out ASAP as I just haven't had a chance to get an answer. Based on friday nights dapper day, come in for a free session, no appointment I think it's normally a separate fee but not sure if that's studio time and the photos are another cost or not..

but at springs and other places around property, there is photographers. I'm not sure if it can be upgraded to the full price if you wanted to take a chance and see what happens.. personally, your talking about spending $20 more.. It's close you may not get all your photos and it's unclear what the 3 days really mean..

The system is always changing so the only way to find out is try. I don't see why there would be any issues using your band, the party doesn't work that way and it's a visual wrist band to show your suppose to be there.

:thanks:

I'm not sure studios is included in memory maker as you have to schedule a time slot, there is costume changes and other things. you'll need to find that out ASAP as I just haven't had a chance to get an answer. Based on friday nights dapper day, come in for a free session, no appointment I think it's normally a separate fee but not sure if that's studio time and the photos are another cost or not..

but at springs and other places around property, there is photographers. I'm not sure if it can be upgraded to the full price if you wanted to take a chance and see what happens.. personally, your talking about spending $20 more.. It's close you may not get all your photos and it's unclear what the 3 days really mean..

I'm sorry I was vague about my trip dates. It's not this coming week, so I still have time to order within the 3 day prepurchase time period. As far as the PP studio at DS, I got the info off the MDE site which says no appt is needed and pics are included in an active MM package. I know sometimes the website is wrong, though, so... I guess I need to know if I can activate my MM at DS or if it has to be at a park? Thanks for taking the time to respond. :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter