• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everyone Smile - Your picture required at gate

We are headed to DL on the 16th. Hoping folks keep us up to date on how this process is going.

Maybe an AP line and a line for those who have had their picture taken?

Maybe more staff at the gates until they get a system, technology, whatever it takes.

Hoping for better news.

On touringplans chat today, one person said they weren't taking pictures this morning. :confused3

Here's hoping it's sorted out by next Monday.

I started thinking about it, and there's no reason why they couldn't have a system that is better automated. Just mount a webcam (maybe even on a track to adjust for different heights) on the columns and take the picture quickly. The issue as it appears to me is that they have to take a picture with the phone, go back to the terminal to enter the name, and repeat the process.

Hey if it allows us to buy a 6+ hopper at a discount I am all for it. Which is rare cause I usually do not like the changes that Disney execs make. :-)crazy2:Fastpass+ anyone?) However I certainly hope taking the picture with the iphone is temporary and they get a bit more technical about it. Perhaps having lines for first time ticket use and such so lines are not slowed. Seems more secure than the signing your name or the finger scanner at wdw because those things rarely work and slow the lines down big time!

I really hope so too. We'll be there next month and I would love to be able to upgrade a 5 day ticket to a 6 day. If this would allow it, then fine. I'd be happy to see the finger scan though like at WDW. In all the times I've been there, I've never had a problem with it not functioning and or with it really slowing anything down.

Are they still going to be doing hand stamps now that they have this system in place? If this will get rid of the need for hand stamps, I'd be all for it. For some reason my son just hates getting his hand stamped and makes such a drama of it.

What method do they use to verify the identity of annual passholders, and why couldn't they use that same method for all multi-day passholders?

What method do they use to verify the identity of annual passholders, and why couldn't they use that same method for all multi-day passholders?

I believe that any PhotoPass photographer can take a photo the day that the AP is activated.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/annual-passports/#annual-passports-q30

Can I upload my personal photo for my Annual Passport?

Unfortunately, photos cannot be uploaded to Disneyland.com. A Disney's PhotoPass photographer — located throughout both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park — will be happy to take your Annual Passport photo when you visit either park.

I started thinking about it, and there's no reason why they couldn't have a system that is better automated. Just mount a webcam (maybe even on a track to adjust for different heights) on the columns and take the picture quickly. The issue as it appears to me is that they have to take a picture with the phone, go back to the terminal to enter the name, and repeat the process.

OP HERE - Yes, I guess that was my feeling from the beginning. I didn't question why they felt they needed to make this move, I just felt they could have done it MUCH BETTER. They are Disney after all, and they have some $$ to throw at it. It really did bum me out as I lost a hour of a day I only had 2 1/2 hours to enjoy the park before having to catch a flight. That is not their fault, however, knowing it was MM was part of my decision process, and I had no idea I was in for this type of delay. I was also disappointed that they didn't let people know what was going on. In our hour + delay, some thought it was a reaction to a shooting at USC, etc. - lots of theories floating around as we waited for (at the time) an unknown reason in a LONG line that just did NOT move.

Hope for everyone else's sake, that Tuesday am was the worse of it, and that experience won't have to be endured by anyone else.

Even if they had an iPad hooked up to their computer system so that they could take your pics and put in all your info in the same place. I'm sure as they go through this process they'll figure out a better way to get it done. But when you think Disney you do think "advanced" as far as technology goes. I'm sure with all of the money they have they can figure out something a little more productive. But it all doesn't matter if the CM's don't actually look up from the computer and the drivers license to see if you face matches! How many times do you go to Target and they ask for you ID but don't actually look at your face! Drives me nuts!

Blame the people trying to skirt policy by buying stupid share tickets....

You're talking to a society that downloads music, movies and tv illegally and justifies it by saying there is nothing worth buying. People will continue to get something for less even if they have to defend their morals for a little while.

I'm surprised they are taking pictures of children. CA has some pretty strict child privacy laws. Did you sign a waiver regarding how they can use the image?

I agree - wouldn't there have to be a waiver, esp. for minors, or at least something in print on the ticket about being photographed? :confused3

I agree - wouldn't there have to be a waiver, esp. for minors, or at least something in print on the ticket about being photographed? :confused3

No. I can photographs minors all day in Disneyland if I were a creep who did such things, without waivers. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in Disneyland.

I'm surprised they are taking pictures of children. CA has some pretty strict child privacy laws. Did you sign a waiver regarding how they can use the image?
They have been taking them for APs, and I know for other parks for season passes since I was a kid.

I'm sure there is plenty of fine print associated with buying tickets. Heck they take ride photos of kids!

Entry constitutes consent for Disney to use any film, video or likeness of bearer for any purpose whatsoever without payment to the bearer.

http://www.getawaytoday.com/blogs/2012/08/30/Disneyland-Resort-Cracks-Down-on-Fraud

TicketBack.jpg

It says eactly the same thing on the back of my Southern California CityPASS except that they replace "Disney" with "the Park".

Thanks bcla for posting that.

I mean know one is concerned about them taking ride photos of kids, but for ID purpose for tickets is creepy? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter