Everyone (Adults) Going Through Metal Detectors in the Mahic Kingdom Today

They change it up, depending on time of day. It seems when the crowds are largest, they choose to bottleneck it further by funneling everyone through the few metal detectors.

When I was there in September it was everyday at all the parks. Everyone was going through. It was absolutely no inconvenience because the bag check took long enough that the metal detector had no lines. It really is such a sime process and takes 10 seconds to walk through them.

So I do wonder for the people who prefer the metal detectors - on a day when they're not putting everyone through a metal detector, is this then in the back of your head all day? Are you in line for a ride, or sitting at lunch, or waiting for a parade to start, thinking that someone might start shooting up the place?

Everytime we've done MK the past 2 trips (including just a few weeks ago) after they redid the area for bagcheck we have always had to go through them every single time. I never saw anyone at MK not go through them any days we were there. At the other parks it's always random, sometimes I get picked sometimes not. Either way doesn't matter to me.

Everytime we've done MK the past 2 trips (including just a few weeks ago) after they redid the area for bagcheck we have always had to go through them every single time. I never saw anyone at MK not go through them any days we were there. At the other parks it's always random, sometimes I get picked sometimes not. Either way doesn't matter to me.
I went through MK detectors less than half the time a few weeks ago.

Seems like MK is more strict about the metal detectors than the other parks. DH set it off with the halls cough drops he had in his pocket. Security said it was the foil the pack was wrapped in? Another time it was the zipper in his jacket that set it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter