• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever solo early December during Kid Super Bowl Event?

pennyplanner

DIS Veteran
I was contemplating a solo trip the first week of December -- probably the 4-9. I just noticed on Deb Will's site that this is the week of the Pop Warner Super Bowl Event.

Anyone know how that impacts the crowds that week? Just how many kids are we talking???

--penny

I've gone a couple of times when the Pop Warner kids are there. The main impact it seems to have on crowds is at some of the resorts, particularly the value and the moderate resorts. When I stayed at the POFQ a couple of years ago when they were there, there was a large number of football players and cheerleaders staying at the resort. They would sometimes run around the resort in small packs unsupervised and get a bit rowdy. Some mornings, they were practicing cheers or having loud tag football games in the courtyards around the resort. I only really noticed them a couple of times during my stay.

The other thing I've noticed is that sometimes there will be small groups of 6 or 8 kids running around the park unsupervised. As with many small groups of pre-teen, and early teenaged kids, some of them can get a bit obnoxious. I've had times when they've pushed and shoved in front of us, and one particularly obnoxious girl who kept on elbowing my cousin's six year old in the head when we were waiting in line for Test Track. The packs aren't usually too bad because you can usually get away from them on the next ride.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter