Ever see someone sporting a DVC logo on their car, and think "I want to meet them!"

TiggerBouncy

DIS Veteran
Was just leaving the grocery yesterday and saw a car with a DVC magnet and a dog magnet (my 2 loves). They were not far from my house and I kept thinking "I need to find out where this person lives". I stopped short of following them to their house, because that would be creepy. LOL. But still... we live in Maryland, so we are not exactly close to Disney. It's nice to meet some local DVC'rs. I guess we are becoming more popular since the secret is out and the DVC family is growing fast these days. It used to be more rare. I did have someone approach me once at a parking lot, but I was on a long drive about 500 miles away from my home.

So I am curious:
Have you ever had someone approach you because of your DVC logo?
Have you ever approached someone else? How did it go?

We've been approached and we have say hello to others. We are in Nebraska (also no where near Disney) and its fun to meet other DVC members. No issues as we just talked about Disney. In fact, we met a couple from our area in the ice cream parlor after we both added on!

Nobody has ever approached me. I have DVC and AP magnets all over my car. My own neighbors and family will say stuff like "guess you like Disney". But no strangers. We are in NC. I rarely see DVC and AP magnets but do notice them when I see them and also would love to chat up the owners of the cars/magnets.

My sister in law is DVC and she lives in MD. AA County....if that's where you saw the car??

We were at my DS's little league game in a small town in Pennsylvania and we seen a DVC car magnet, so obviously, we waited to get out of our car until the people with the magnet got out of their vehicle. Turns out, they were the parents of a kid on my son's baseball team. It was as creepy at that point to bring up the magnet and DVC.

Nobody has ever approached me. I have DVC and AP magnets all over my car. My own neighbors and family will say stuff like "guess you like Disney". But no strangers. We are in NC. I rarely see DVC and AP magnets but do notice them when I see them and also would love to chat up the owners of the cars/magnets.

My sister in law is DVC and she lives in MD. AA County....if that's where you saw the car??

matter of fact, it was in Odenton / Gambrills. Does she drive a white minivan and also have a Disney family sticker with mom, dad, and one kid? Also had a Mickey peering out from the bottom of the window.

Was pumping gas near Cincinnati OH...we chatted for a few moments, it was nice!

I'm also in Maryland but it wasn't me (bcuz I'm in Montgomery County and I wasn't at the grocery store this morning)!!:goodvibes I don't see a lot of DVC magnets but I do see a fair amount of the little "mouse family" decals on the back windows and several AP magnets from time to time. There's one blue minivan I see all over the place and I am sometimes tempted to wait for them to come out of the store. My car is decked out with lots of Disney / DVC and my DS's college decals and magnets. I'm sure people wonder about me when they're behind me in traffic.:rotfl2:

My wife and I our new members. Never noticed before, but it almost seems like every month or so I see a new car with DVC or AP magnet or bumper sticker.

We are in Ellicott City, MD

matter of fact, it was in Odenton / Gambrills. Does she drive a white minivan and also have a Disney family sticker with mom, dad, and one kid? Also had a Mickey peering out from the bottom of the window.
That's near her. But, no on the white minivan. She has a dark SUV.

I have never seen a car with one around here.
I have never been approached by someone because of mine

I have been approached but not by an owner...it was someone curious about what we thought of our DVC and if they should buy. I felt like a DVC salesperson!

We were at a restaurant and the little girl at the table next to ours couldn't stop staring at the Disney Vacation Club cap (received from our DCL cruise) I had on.

Yes, a few times. My son's school years ago. Work parking lot and recently the teller at the bank. I see a DVC sticker at home almost daily.

Yes! Everytime we see a car with a DVC or AP magnet I always tell my husband we have to meet them! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is like that :lmao:

I live in Colorado and have only seen one DVC magnet on another car and it was on the highway. I know there have to be a lot of us though because on my last trip I was staying at Bay Lake and there were several other families from Colorado just in Bay Lake! The only time anyone ever asked me about mine they were like "What is DVC?" and when I told them they were just like "Oh." and walked away lol.

We get excited seeing even any WDW magnets on cars. It seems kind of rare to find (we are in MA). We were actually in a local granite place and after talking with the gentleman for probably a 1/2 hour he mentions he is leaving in a week to go to his Vacation Club- So i said "DVC?" Yup, then our talk changed from granite counter tops to WDW restaurants etc. It is different meeting other DVC owners as the WDW connection is just a bit deeper than those who might just occasionally go to WDW.

I‘ve never been approached, but I also don’t have my magnet on my car yet. I’ve wanted to approach others but got shy. ☺

I do too. I want to say hi, but I never do. Part of my knows that's silly.... If someone approached me, I would be happy. I bet most of us would be welcoming. But we are afraid to approach others. Weird, huh? But then it took me over 15 years to work up the courage to say hi to Ariel. 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter