• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever gotten a DVC room early?

I've almost always gotten my rooms at DVC resorts early. I will say, I've had earlier rooms when I've been in studios than when I've been in larger villas. I'm not sure I've ever gotten into a villa before noon, though.

My last 3 or 4 trips, I tended to get a room ready text while I was on DME. The last time at BWV, I didn't get one so I went to the front desk when I came in. CM checked and it was ready, it was about 1:00pm. I got the room ready text a couple minutes later. I've stayed at BWV many times (my home resort) and the latest was one time around 4:00pm.

We are pretty lucky as we usually get our room text before 1:30. Some trips even got as early as before 11 am. We are usually at bcv, but its been the case at poly, vgf and bwv too.

About 50% of the time. I always assume no, but hope it’s ready. A few times we’ve been told that our room requests have been met, but our room wasn’t ready and then was given a choice to take another room that was ready. We will usually wait. ( especially when he told me this last time that we got our 3erd floor lake view at the poly but wasn’t ready yet- but could take a first floor right now)

Studios are the most requested villa and book up first. So odds of having multiple studios available early in the morning when housekeeping doesn't even start until around 8:30 or 9 are next to none. Let us know what time you actually get into your studio.

By the way, check in for DVC villas isn't AT 4PM. It's after 4PM. So it could be 5PM or even later.

Owning since 2009 I’ve gotten in early twice. OKW studio in 2010 and Bay Lake studio 2017.

while I'd like a nice view, I also want a room as quickly as I can get it.

Do the “earliest possible” request and that’s all.

and I came to dislike the location of that resort; the bus service was not great to say the least

If you have a rental car AKL is fine.

Last summer during busy July 4th week (it was on July 1st) our "Room Ready" text came at 2:35pm for our Dedicated 2BR. I was thrilled that it was ready then!
We did have one request..."Close to Elevator".

DVC Owners at BRV....

We have both gotten rooms EARLY, and LATE....
Over several trips? Online check in seems to sort of work... We've seen a real effort by BRV to have our room ready, as long as they know when we are GETTING there.

Now, we've also gotten "room ready" as late as 6:00 PM. MOST of this was a good 3 years ago.

Just us, all personal opinion - official check in for DVC is 4:00 PM. We are personally never concerned until 5:00 PM, check in day rolls around - and there is no room.

Six DVC stays and we are 50/50 for getting our room early - noonish at BLT and 1:30ish on two separate occasions at BCV. Got our room at 4:00pm or shortly after on a different BLT stay and at AKV- Jambo and VGC.

Checking into GFV in 2 weeks hopefully its early bc that was our resort day and MNSSHP at 4.. That would be amazing if that works out lol

When I stayed at Boardwalk Villas my room was ready at 12. We were doing a split stay and had gone into the parks and got the room ready text. Normally my rooms are never ready early, I think that might have been one of the few times it was.

When staying at AKV our room was always ready the earliest being 9:30am but I think because it was always our end of August last family vacation before school started
and a couple of times at VWL (now Boulder Ridge) but the worst for us is always BWV never before 5pm

Several times we got our Board Walk DVC room early and we actually didn't want to. Our plan was to drop whatever we had will bell services and go straight through the IG, the picture below shows our first 'ride' every trip.

Bill From PA

So, just an update for everyone: We arrived Saturday morning about 9 am and our room was ready by 11:30 am - I was pleasantly surprised. I did put in a room request and go nowhere near what we requested, but we could see the Tower of Terror from our bed and the fireworks at HS at night, so I'm not complaining!

I hope I have luck like that when I check into VGF and PVB in 2 weeks

Last edited:
We’ve gotten BLT 2 bedroom early at 10am and also AK 2 bedroom around noon. Both I made requests. Have a great trip!

Got a room at 7:00 a.m. at the Boardwalk Villas. A few other times, I got a room early, but a few times I've gotten right at 4. Once closer to 5.

I booked through Disney with cash, not points. Not sure if that matters.

I have our villa booked with cash and I sure hope we are among the lucky. Either way, we will be happy, but I woudl love that the room was ready early.

If your first priority is an early room availability, I would not make any other requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter