Ever drop your cell phone in water!

MsDisney23

<font color=blue>Has cabin fever-induced dreams of
Oh, I did today, a brand new $500.00 that I've only had for one week! :worried: I'm going to need a place to stay...dh is going to kill me! :idea:

I dropped my iPhone in the toilet and the Apple store gave me a new one. Maybe the same will happen for you?

Sometimes if you take the battery out and let it dry throughly over a couple of days it dries out and is fine.

My old phone worked just fine after it's water fiasco.

My phone was in the snow for a week and then in the pool last summer and it is still going strong@ I let it dry out and it is fine

Take the battery out and put the phone in a baggie with uncooked white rice. The rice will absorb the moisture. I learned that on the dis.

I did last year... not in clean water... toilete water on our last day of vacation, I was helping my then 2 year old go to the restroom and it fell in... after a couple of seconds I figured it was just pee and pulled it out ran to the sink and washed it with TONS of soap... turned it off, pulled the battery off and let it dry for a couple hours, used some Clorex wipes on it, put it back together and used it on the drive home that night!

The phone is still going strong!

That same vacation I dropped my keys (to my less than a month old new Explorer) into a pot of garlic water (with hubbys help)... washed them off and let them dry overnight and they still work fine as well!

Good Luck!

Yep, but mine is a Casio built to military specs so it does not bother it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter