Ever drive yourself crazy over going vs canceling a trip?

In August, my husband and I booked a resort in Florida at the end of November for one last trip together before our baby was born. I should have been 27 weeks pregnant. He was born at 15 weeks gestation in September. I have been back and forth on whether or not we should still go. My husband would like to go, but says it's up to me. I'd like to go away and reconnect alone with my husband, but I wish we could go somewhere else. I just don't know if I can handle being at this resort where I already pictured myself very pregnant. I wanted to get maternity pictures on the beach. I thought his work had decided for us because he got a promotion and it looked like he wouldn't be allowed to be gone. He was able to get special permission for the time off because we had already paid for plane tickets and the resort stay. So, I think we're going, I bought a cute new dress for our anniversary dinner, but I'm still very wary about it.

Reactions: shh
"Ever drive yourself crazy over going vs canceling a trip?"

Nope. I've debated and put things off before booking them, but once it's booked, I relax!

We did Alaska a few years ago. We did get rain jackets to layer over our sweatshirts, bought some mittens for $1 at Wally World and wore our everyday sneakers. Did not bring or miss binoculars.
We are from the east coast and only did carry-on bags for the flight (we did laundry once on the ship).
Due to our budget, we chose the less expensive excursions. If we get to go again someday, I would like to rent a car and do our own tour.
Hope you go OP!
There will always be "what-ifs" and travel anxiety, we try not to give into that. We would miss out!

I can tend to go back and forth about booking a trip that is outside of my comfort zone. Once it is booked, that is usually it. We did an Alaska cruise 2 years ago and it was fantastic. We flew across the country from New England to Seattle. I don't like longer flights but we did fine. I highly recommend seeing Alaska. IT is so beautiful. I want to go back and do a land trip. Next year is Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. I sometimes waver on it but it is booked so we are going. It will be a great adventure including a long flight to Calgary. DH and I are getting older so time to do traveling while we can. Have fun!

We did Alaska a few years ago. We did get rain jackets to layer over our sweatshirts, bought some mittens for $1 at Wally World and wore our everyday sneakers. Did not bring or miss binoculars.
We are from the east coast and only did carry-on bags for the flight (we did laundry once on the ship).
Due to our budget, we chose the less expensive excursions. If we get to go again someday, I would like to rent a car and do our own tour.
Hope you go OP!
There will always be "what-ifs" and travel anxiety, we try not to give into that. We would miss out!

Thanks for a great post. Did you do a cruise there or a land trip?
Yes - I'm really trying not to give into the "what-ifs" and anxiety...this thread is my therapy. lol

I can tend to go back and forth about booking a trip that is outside of my comfort zone. Once it is booked, that is usually it. We did an Alaska cruise 2 years ago and it was fantastic. We flew across the country from New England to Seattle. I don't like longer flights but we did fine. I highly recommend seeing Alaska. IT is so beautiful. I want to go back and do a land trip. Next year is Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. I sometimes waver on it but it is booked so we are going. It will be a great adventure including a long flight to Calgary. DH and I are getting older so time to do traveling while we can. Have fun!

It's interesting: I haven't heard from a single person in all the reviews I read and research I did on Alaska cruises that said they wished they didn't bother or didn't like it as much as they thought.

I even googled searching for people who didn't like or were disappointed by Alaska trips. Not a single result came up. I'm sure there are a few, but it sure says a lot for this destination that I didn't find anything. (I did hear that many had to be dragged there reluctantly by their spouse or family and ended up loving it.)

I'm having similar kind of thoughts but I haven't even booked yet. I am not used to booking trips so far out and this would be a "big trip" for us. We are talking doing a Alaska cruise in May because that is the only open time I have until October for a vacation unless spring break or fall break. I have never booked a trip so far out and I have never booked such a major trip for us that requires that much "work." I really want to go but I'm caught up worrying about work and our families and if something happens but I suppose that is what travel insurance is for. Can you tell I'm still undecided?

I'm having similar kind of thoughts but I haven't even booked yet. I am not used to booking trips so far out and this would be a "big trip" for us. We are talking doing a Alaska cruise in May because that is the only open time I have until October for a vacation unless spring break or fall break. I have never booked a trip so far out and I have never booked such a major trip for us that requires that much "work." I really want to go but I'm caught up worrying about work and our families and if something happens but I suppose that is what travel insurance is for. Can you tell I'm still undecided?

preachin' to the choir :D

Thanks for a great post. Did you do a cruise there or a land trip?
Yes - I'm really trying not to give into the "what-ifs" and anxiety...this thread is my therapy. lol

We did the Disney Alaska Cruise from Vancouver!
It was our very first cruise and we absolutely loved it!!
Stunning scenery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter