• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever been plesently surprised by a gift

Wendy1985

Loves everything fitness
I will start when I was in middle school my family was exchanging gifts and a couple I have ever meet got me the movie I was obsessed with at the time

Last edited:
Many years ago my DH and I were in the mall and I saw the most beautiful opal ring in a jewelry store window. Opal is my birthstone. Each time we went to the mall, I would admire the ring in the window until one time it was gone. I assumed someone had bought it. On Christmas morning I opened a little box from my DH and there was the opal ring. I have never been so surprised.

My oldest DD looks a lot like me. The Christmas she was about a year and a half old my youngest sister put together a photo album of pictures where one page was me and the page beside it was DD at a similar age doing something similar. The only pictures she really had access to without asking me were ones she or my parents had taken—most of them at my parents home which is the house I grew up in. So a picture of me in my parents bathtub as a toddler next to a picture of DD in the same tub as a toddler. There was a picture of me my first Easter mouthing a plastic egg and one of DD doing the same, me with my dad’s dad and one of DD with my dad. Even our expressions were similar.
Anybody who has seen the album has been shocked at the similarities between us—looks like the same child. I had no idea she was putting it together and it was a shock when I opened it. It took a ton of time to shift through new and old photos and put it all together. No gift has ever compared.

Yep - this Christmas. DS took pity on how feeble we are at accessing all our streaming services (some are direct from our cable supplier, one is an app on our smart tv and the rest have to be chromecast from our iPad). He gave us a Firestick AND hooked it up AND downloaded all the necessary apps AND taught us how to use it. It was extremely thoughtful. :lovestruc

One year I had stopped at an antique store with my 8yr old son. I saw an aquamarine ring that was beautiful. Our son must have told his father, because I received that very ring for Christmas. So sweet on both of their parts.
Unfortunately, it was stolen in a home robbery a few years later>:(

Lots of times, but one from this Christmas was super sweet. My step-mom has a huge garden and cans all kinds of veggies. Back in the fall, I shared this silly meme with her on her FB page. She remembered it and filled a canning jar with M&Ms to give me for Christmas with a note that she canned them especially for me.

Many times, but much less frequently as I get older, as most people just use my Amazon wishlist.

For my birthday this year, I had a simple monitor stand on my wishlist (working from home until next August). My son totally upgraded it to a great one that I could dock my laptop to and use the webcam on my screen instead of propping my laptop on a laundry bin for Zoom meetings like I'd been doing. It also has USB ports and charging ports. Totally stupid, but it's been a real joy since November.

I was pleasantly surprised this year!

I gave DH a list of things I'd like to have so he could choose. He likes for me to do this; it makes it easier on him and we both know that it'll be something I want. I've been wanting a cordless stick vacuum cleaner and this was what I suspected he would probably choose. However, I've also been wanting a daybed (and a mattress) for my office. I'd also seen a fun print that I liked that would look nice on my office wall. I put those on the list just because these are things I do eventually want to get.

I never expected that he would actually get the daybed and the print!

Now I might need to buy myself the vacuum cleaner, haha. Those Christmas tree needles are everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter