• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep in mind 3 points.

First, there’s a tremendous pent up demand for vacations. Give it a year or two and that will pass.

Second, it’s WDW’s 50th anniversary. We’ll be past that in a couple of years.

Third, there still are 2 Moderate Resorts and 2 Value Resorts that have not yet opened. These are among WDW’s largest and represent about 30% of Disney’s room inventory.

I do think there will come a time when Disney is forced to offer incentives, but it's a long way off I think. I agree, the resorts not being open does certainly affect availability.

If nothing else, it will interesting to see how this pans out over the next couple of years.

This has nothing to do with a free market economy, which is an economy based on supply and demand with little to no government control. I don't see anyone here advocating for greater government regulation of theme parks because they lost evening EMH. What I see are people who are upset with the loss of a perk and/or the optics of this move. I think that all of them know that they can vote with their wallets and thereby reduce demand. They're still allowed to be upset and express it.

I was merely expressing my appreciation for the free market system. In no way did I suggest that people are not allowed to be upset and share their opinions. I'm absolutely in favor of your right to communicate your dissatisfaction. In fact, I encourage it.

:)

People that are complaining about only deluxe resorts get this forget not all of them will be able to use it. If I have a park reservation for MK and did not buy a park hopper or AP and the extra hours are at a different park I would not be able to take advantage of it. I see nothing wrong with Disney giving more to deluxe resort guest. To me the biggest problem is disney has cut back park hours from what they use to be years ago just so they can charge for what once was included in your ticket. This also is part of the reason the parks are so crowded now because the number of hours open have been shortened.

People that are complaining about only deluxe resorts get this forget not all of them will be able to use it. If I have a park reservation for MK and did not buy a park hopper or AP and the extra hours are at a different park I would not be able to take advantage of it. I see nothing wrong with Disney giving more to deluxe resort guest. To me the biggest problem is disney has cut back park hours from what they use to be years ago just so they can charge for what once was included in your ticket. This also is part of the reason the parks are so crowded now because the number of hours open have been shortened.

But you will know far in advance I would assume so that you can be sure to have reservations for EMH days if you wanted to use them. I don't think that will put a significant dent in the number of people using EMH.

To those that are staying at Deluxe resorts and are ok with this, do you really expect those that are staying at value and moderates to not be upset about this? You’re paying a inflated rate to stay on property, but so are those at value and moderate resorts. They arent paying $100 a night at a value. We aren’t paying as much as you, but your hotel rooms and your resorts are much nicer.
I will start by saying we are DVC owners and will benefit from this “perk”. I will also say that my husband and I have very different opinions on the fairness of this decision.
I believe you are thinking about this incorrectly. Your ticket and my ticket provide both of us with the exact same amount of hours in the park. It is only the hotel choice that provides the opportunity to stay in the park for extra time. My ticket is neither better or worse than yours. Presumably the extra price for the deluxe hotel is what provides the money for the costs of keeping the park open. IF (a very big if) that is the case, shouldn’t it be limited to the people footing the bill for the extra hours? My favorite hotel in the world is the Caribbean Beach (where we spent our honeymoon). If I choose to stay there and the fee I am paying to do so doesn’t help cover the cost of EMH, I probably shouldn’t get to take advantage of that event.
I am not trying to ruffle feathers - I am just trying to look at this as logically as possible.

Yes

since you specifically asked those who are staying deluxe-Yes, I am fine with it. I get free parking also because I am staying on my points.
I am planning on staying at POFQ again next year-just for “old times sake” and because I love the resort. I will have to pay for parking AND I won’t get the extra hours. But, I will be at a lovely resort with my husband for a couple of days.

Disney is not the first resort to offer more to guests who pay for more money.

I would like the EMH for all resort hotel guests to come back (not good Neighbor hotels).

I am sure things will change. Maybe try a split stay or rent DVC points. That is what we did before purchasing DVC.
no matter what, you are still at Disney. Enjoy your trip!
Legit the same thing here. This upcoming trip in oct we will get the benefit due to renting points. I had more points lined up for June trip it would have actually been cheaper 16$pp at akl but my husband wants to stay pofq. So we are actually paying more and less perks by staying mod. And I am not one bit upset about missing the emh. We would utilize them also we like night time. But we made the choice and now we move on.

Also with all this talk about hotels not being the same I read on here and can't find the post about how "our tickets are the same we should all have the same perks" not really.. I always buy from Disney direct. How many people on this forum alone use UT to buy discounted tickets.. why do they get the same experience? It's a silly argument even just typing it. "Everyone can purchase from ut". "But some don't know about UT... So that's not fair.. " we could go down that rabbit hole and make an argument aswell. But again it's silly.

I am really sorry if folks miss out on this perk but I stand by that you can get deluxe for cheaper than mod, legit just turned an offer down to do so. Or that you must go broke to now try and get these resorts.. it's the same as using UT for tickets.. some find deals and pay less than others. It's not gonna be the end all be all to a great trip. A few hours at random parks won't break my family. I hope everyone has a great trip regardless.

I get why people are upset that this perk is only being offered to deluxe resort guests, It was a perk for staying on disney property period. Now shades of green dolphin / swan are also include alot of people are buying dvc for deluxe so how much are you really paying? We are booked for a modarate but this will be our last trip we love disney but there are plenty other places around the world.

I am really sorry if folks miss out on this perk but I stand by that you can get deluxe for cheaper than mod, legit just turned an offer down to do so.

We did this just today for our trip that starts Monday. We decided to add 1 more night to our stay because we want to see the fireworks at HS. The cabins didn't have availability, so we added 1 night at the beach club. When you take off the cost of the golf cart that I think is a must have, the BC was cheaper. The BC had availability on the 25% discount, paying rack rate for the cabins- which also explains why they're giving incentives to stay deluxe. Had we not needed more room for the other nights ( one of us is flying home a day early), I would've never stayed at the Cabins when I can stay deluxe cheaper.

We had the best interaction with the CM. We're on a package and she was able to extend our tickets 1 more day even though we were moving to a different resort and doing a room only. Otherwise we would've been looking at paying for single day tickets for all of us, saved us a lot of money!

Tip: When calling, opt for the call back. We waited over 3 hrs the last time we called. This time, we opted to get a call back and had a return call within the hour.

We did this just today for our trip that starts Monday. We decided to add 1 more night to our stay because we want to see the fireworks at HS. The cabins didn't have availability, so we added 1 night at the beach club. When you take off the cost of the golf cart that I think is a must have, the BC was cheaper. The BC had availability on the 25% discount, paying rack rate for the cabins- which also explains why they're giving incentives to stay deluxe. Had we not needed more room for the other nights ( one of us is flying home a day early), I would've never stayed at the Cabins when I can stay deluxe cheaper.

We had the best interaction with the CM. We're on a package and she was able to extend our tickets 1 more day even though we were moving to a different resort and doing a room only. Otherwise we would've been looking at paying for single day tickets for all of us, saved us a lot of money!

Tip: When calling, opt for the call back. We waited over 3 hrs the last time we called. This time, we opted to get a call back and had a return call within the hour.
You do know the show at HS isn't a fireworks show right? I mean, it does have a handful of tiny little bursts here and there and a few flames, but it's a projection show.

So... this definitely confirms, Disney wants the rich folks - not their middle class, budget guests. Gotta say, this feels like a slap in the face.

Eta: the new proposed early morning entry is no replacement for EMH, which were morning and night, longer, and available to all. IMO.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...l-during-walt-disney-worlds-50th-anniversary/

I find it interesting that they have not added Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. Price is significantly higher than the Casita rooms or other Moderate rooms. Amenities there are similar to the Deluxe resorts - and I get the many of the same extras as does the WL. Seems to me the Tower would be classified more as a deluxe type of reservation and not moderate. We really like the rooms there better than WL but have not been in newly remodeled WL ones. We were going to stay for our Aug trip but decided to go to YC for just a bit more. We are more AK and Epcot people so that works better. But in Dec we need 2 rooms and are staying at the tower - my family pick over all other moderates. I am a fan of PO but they like the roof top bar and Rix at Coronado. So on that trip I go with the family.

With Disney's Magical Express ending, it will be interesting to see what this does to Disney's Moderate Resort's business.

My guess? Not much. People choose their resorts for so many more reasons than just whether or not they get an hour extra here or there during their trip.

While I can see it being a reason for more people to choose Swan & Dolphin, I think Disney will still fill up the moderate resorts as well.

My guess? Not much. People choose their resorts for so many more reasons than just whether or not they get an hour extra here or there during their trip.

While I can see it being a reason for more people to choose Swan & Dolphin, I think Disney will still fill up the moderate resorts as well.

I don't see them needing to add to replace this. We have always used private transportation from the airport to the hotel and back again. In fact, the same driver has worked with us for the last 12 years. I know he will monitor our flight and be there. He has a large van and smaller van so when we travel with family we all fit. And, he has a network with others in case something happens. Have never been disappointed and used him over 30 times. Swan and Dolphin, for me are like staying at hotel for work. Not a lot of magic. Very nice. And great for Bonvoy members who have points. Just a different feel.

Last edited:
We have always used private transportation from the airport to the hotel and back again.
Agreed. We haven’t used the magical express since 2008. Private car service is so much more efficient and relaxing.

As for all the angst regarding deluxe resorts getting nighttime hours, I just don’t get it. You pay more, get more perks: not just at Disney but in life. The deluxe resorts aren’t deluxe compared to non Disney resorts (ie Four Seasons) and there should be material benefits in addition to park proximity, better restaurants, etc for what they cost.

Agree. If you monitor the sales, they will discount the deluxe more. Our YC deluxe was very similar in price to the WL deluxe and, in my opinion the bigger rooms/location are nice to have. The Destino Tower is where I was originally booked but when I say the prices for the YC I changed my ressie. For some that isn't an option, I understand. But shopping discounts does work.

I do think there will come a time when Disney is forced to offer incentives, but it's a long way off I think. I agree, the resorts not being open does certainly affect availability.

If nothing else, it will interesting to see how this pans out over the next couple of years.

Agree! People are just ready to get out. And, with the Florida track record they are counting on Florida being open. I know this is why we booked our Dec 2020 trip there - I was convinced there would be things to do. I get bored easy. But I do think it will take several years for the pent up demand to subside. With the rest of the resorts opening later this fall/winter, that will make it even more necessary to push people to deluxe hotels.

So much demand for this type of vacation package. Many coming will not realize it was a perk as they might be new. Those who have been prior will more than likely not let it stop them. They will come for next couple years.

Hopefully they will close MK early one night a week and do night hours with fireworks...that would be a great perk.

So would this be one of those scenarios where the "EMH Deluxe park" would be avoided by other guests?

I mean we know a lot/most of Deluxe guests would be in that park that night, so maybe other parks would be better to visit? We usually avoided that park before as it usually seemed busier than the non EMH park.

Also if they still have reservations needed, what if you stay deluxe, but that EMH park is already full?

And isn't there daily pricing still going on? Wonder if certain days will cost more, or less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter