• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it doesn't seem to be whether you have money or not ... it seems like Disney needs to get people to stay at the Deluxes and buy more into DVC. I'm a bit more concerned to what this may mean for the future of FP. I could see myself paying extra to get some additional FPs ... I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would probably do it. But, will they limit extra fast passes to certain resort levels like what they did with Concierge Level. You could throw your money at Disney all you want, but you could only get those extra fast passes if you stayed in certain accommodations. Again, that doesn't sound like rich vs poor, but Disney trying to either retain or boost reservations of certain accommodations.

I tend to agree with this. I've heard Disney has been having a hard time filling Deluxe resort rooms (and am guessing this is why they're converting some of GF to DVC rooms).

Sorry, it absolutely is true.

Pre-Covid, ALL guests had access to EMH, FP+, MDE etc... Yes, those with money had the ability to do extra things, but ALL guests got the exact same included perks whether you were staying in a Value or Deluxe resort. The things you're listing off aren't perks - they're extra things they pay for. Huge difference.
I think that the part that rubs people the wrong way is that this deluxe resort perk is being presented as a clone of the evening EMH that all onsite guests had pre-pandemic.

Would it be more palatable if it were marketed more like DVC's Moonlight Magic? Park closes, DVC guests stay and enjoy attractions and treats - all at no charge. But it is exclusive not to just any DVC owner but to only DVC owners with blue card memberships. Why? Because DVD (the developer that sells new DVC resorts) pays for it.

Someone is paying for those extra park hours for deluxe & deluxe villa guests. You can bet it's not coming out of POP's budget! Those deluxe resorts are paying the parks division to keep the lights on for those extra hours

Not surprised that Disney is focusing on making more money...again.

The point I don't understand is dividing park perks by resort classification. If you book a deluxe, you get deluxe accommodations. If you book at a value, you get bare bones. Got it - you pay for the resort specific perks and the "fun" that is associated with that resort.

But the ticket price is the ticket price for the same park experience...now you have to have a park pass AND specific resort reservations for more perks.

I'd rather they offer this perk to everyone with a price. If you want the extra AM and PM hour, you can add it to your park ticket. Just like you add hopper to your tickets.. You now can add extra hours to your tickets. Or like DL and FPs, everyone can buy the FP option no matter which resort you stay at.

What is next...

Why does that matter? It's still cheaper then then Glorified Motel 6....I mean All Stars.

Why does it matter? Because it's not billed as a luxury resort by Universal and you don't get the perks of a luxury resort. So if it's cheaper than All Stars- for Universal's 2 parks- I guess that's not a big shock to me.

Not surprised that Disney is focusing on making more money...again.

The point I don't understand is dividing park perks by resort classification. If you book a deluxe, you get deluxe accommodations. If you book at a value, you get bare bones. Got it - you pay for the resort specific perks and the "fun" that is associated with that resort.

But the ticket price is the ticket price for the same park experience...now you have to have a park pass AND specific resort reservations for more perks.

I'd rather they offer this perk to everyone with a price. If you want the extra AM and PM hour, you can add it to your park ticket. Just like you add hopper to your tickets.. You now can add extra hours to your tickets. Or like DL and FPs, everyone can buy the FP option no matter which resort you stay at.

What is next...
Like it or not, it's not the values or the mods that Disney is having trouble filling up- it's the deluxes. And so they need to add perks to them. There's only so much you can do at the physical property to entice people.

I don't have kids, and I refuse to rent DVC points because you pretty much can't cancel. We've had to cancel several Disney trips in the past because unexpected health issues came up close to trip time.

Ive rented points before and it went great but since covid I’m a bit nervous to do so and probably won’t next trip. And one of the reasons is that Disney can change anything at any moment. Like they have with this EMH. I want to be able to cancel if I want to. What if I book BC for SAB and it’s under refurb? Things like that make me nervous.

Last edited:
I don’t see this as a negative. It’s what they’re supposed to do. I only object when they make cuts and try and pass it off as a safety issue when it’s clearly not.
It's totally a negative. What used to be a perk for every resort guest is now only for high class citizens and the peasants get nothing. Can't wait to see what they do with FP. I'm guessing if you're an All Stars guest just be happy to be on property.

I'm curious about some of the negative reactions and I'm NOT being snarky here:

The folks who are upset about this- were you against the VIP offerings WDW had pre-Covid? Like, the all day concierge led tours, Day of Thrills, 33, etc?
No. Because those things weren't taken away from me previously. And those are things you purchase a la carte. They aren't mixed in with what else is going on for other guests. Yes, some of them get into the FP line, but the numbers are pretty minimal in the overall scheme of things, so of almost no consequence to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter