• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe once they announce FP you’ll get extra of those too. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if thats something that’s going to happen. So say if you get one or two extra evening hours in one park per day plus three extra free FP per day I’d bet that would drive some people to book deluxe.

Heck, I’d think about it. Especially since I only go once every 2/3 years. If I was going multiple times a year or even yearly I wouldn’t. But that extra cost may be worth it to get more done with minimal waits.
Were deluxe rooms not selling prior and sitting empty? Are they planning on raising deluxe prices even more?

I'm paying rack rate at the Cabins at around $450 a night. You'd be hard pressed to find any deluxe anywhere near that price now.

I just did a quick search and found the Contemporary for $424, Beach Club for $424 and WL for $426. In fairness, the Cabins weren't available at the same time frame for exact comparison. True what you said about the kitchens but we also bring food when we stay in deluxe resorts.

I just did a quick search and found the Contemporary for $424, Beach Club for $424 and WL for $426. In fairness, the Cabins weren't available at the same time frame for exact comparison. True what you said about the kitchens but we also bring food when we stay in deluxe resorts.
I'm sure the difference between what you see and I see is based on the time frame. So while you can find those at that price, what are the prices for the values and moderates? The cheapest available deluxe for my time frame is near $600.

You surely aren't trying to prove that it's cheaper to stay at a value than it is a deluxe? And you might bring food, but hopefully you're not cooking full meals or grilling outdoors. Snacks sure, but full meals? I hope not. Again, Disney looks at average spent per guest and there's just no argument but that the average deluxe guest spends more than the average moderate or value.

So my family stays moderate or swan/dolphin for 7 nights non hoppers. I may consider switching and doing just 2-3 nights deluxe with hoppers. I would have to look at the math but I wonder how many others would do the same and what the difference in spending would be with less time.

Next vacation we are going to italy which is the same amount of money as a Disney vacation and we will see how this Disney change goes.

So my family stays moderate or swan/dolphin for 7 nights non hoppers. I may consider switching and doing just 2-3 nights deluxe with hoppers. I would have to look at the math but I wonder how many others would do the same and what the difference in spending would be with less time.

Next vacation we are going to italy which is the same amount of money as a Disney vacation and we will see how this Disney change goes.
It really depends on which parks and how many nights. If it's every ight and rotates the park heck yes but if it random park twice a week... Prolly not worth it

It really depends on which parks and how many nights. If it's every ight and rotates the park heck yes but if it random park twice a week... Prolly not worth it

Deluxe would only be worth it if it’s 1-2 hours at any park. And you could stagger, if MK stays open much later you could do AK then hop make to MK.

What I find odd is they really don't have any deluxe properties on site. The Grand is 3/4* at best. I think Disney is missing the boat by not offering any 5* resort properties. There are plenty of people that would shell out 3 to 4 thousand a night if Disney would give them a reason to.

interesting moves...

Next step, bump up the price of moderates to encourage people to buy deluxe

Make after hours parties more appealing to the value crowd, or offer paid FP.

Offer merch discounts to deluxe guests during evening hours.

30 minutes in the morning is not a new perk, it was an unspoken option for all guests. Its good for 1.5 rides and that hasnt changed.

Anything less than 2 hours for evening magic is not a perk as in an hour you will get 1 d or c ticket and maybe 2 rides in total if you are lucky

I'm sure the difference between what you see and I see is based on the time frame. So while you can find those at that price, what are the prices for the values and moderates? The cheapest available deluxe for my time frame is near $600.

August 9-12 - Wilderness Lodge is $426, Art of Animation $35 less a night. During certain time frames you absolutely can pay similar prices between deluxe and the other categories.

Just experienced this firsthand. Returned from the Beach Club on Sunday. Needed a room for five and was about to book at Art of Animation. Found Beach Club for hardly much more so we switched to Deluxe.

And no, we don't cook full meals in the cabins besides breakfast and making sandwiches. And we don't grill. We fly in. By the time we pay for charcoal/lighter it doesn't seem to make sense for our family.

August 9-12 - Wilderness Lodge is $426, Art of Animation $35 less a night. During certain time frames you absolutely can pay similar prices between deluxe and the other categories.

Just experienced this firsthand. Returned from the Beach Club on Sunday. Needed a room for five and was about to book at Art of Animation. Found Beach Club for hardly much more so we switched to Deluxe.

And no, we don't cook full meals in the cabins besides breakfast and making sandwiches. And we don't grill. We fly in. By the time we pay for charcoal/lighter it doesn't seem to make sense for our family.
Doesn’t matter. On average, deluxe guests pay much more for their reservations than value or moderate.

Italy ❤️
Gelato three times a day

What I find odd is they really don't have any deluxe properties on site. The Grand is 3/4* at best. I think Disney is missing the boat by not offering any 5* resort properties. There are plenty of people that would shell out 3 to 4 thousand a night if Disney would give them a reason to.

The very wealthy people I know stay at The Four Seasons and do 1 day at the park with a tour guide. Not sure if Disney can really capture them with deluxe perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter