Evening EMH vs PPO BOG

David Jewell

Earning My Ears
i keep tinkering with our plan and have now added an extra park day on arrival. We decided to stay at Drury after our late flight. So we can get to the resort and get started the next day. It turns out it is a night with MK emh. Our original plan was to get up early for BOG res at 8:15 the next morning but now I wonder if we would get a bigger bang by hitting MK hard that night and sleep in a bit and head there before DD BBB appointment at 12:20 rather than do the BOG. What do you think 7&5 ds and 4dd would like more? We will be there for a week and have emm MK booked for departure day.

i keep tinkering with our plan and have now added an extra park day on arrival. We decided to stay at Drury after our late flight. So we can get to the resort and get started the next day. It turns out it is a night with MK emh. Our original plan was to get up early for BOG res at 8:15 the next morning but now I wonder if we would get a bigger bang by hitting MK hard that night and sleep in a bit and head there before DD BBB appointment at 12:20 rather than do the BOG. What do you think 7&5 ds and 4dd would like more? We will be there for a week and have emm MK booked for departure day.
What kind of tickets do you have?
Will they be "active" one night earlier than your original plan?

Personally I would not push hard on arrival day and do BOG in the morning. Traveling is always tiring for everyone. how hard can a 4, 5 and 7 year old hit MK at night anyway? chances are that night will hit you back within a day or so lol.

Our flight lands at 7:20 on Tuesday night and we’re staying offsite that evening. We should be pretty rested for our checkin day at the poly hoping that goes smoothly. It was only $9 each to add another park day so even if we go for an hour it will be worth it. Originally we had a 9:05 res at Ohana and now it’s at 3:30. We should have full bellies anyway.

We won’t do much of anything when we land. I have a late res at t-Rex but I doubt we keep it

What kind of tickets do you have?
Will they be "active" one night earlier than your original plan?
We originally had 6 day ph, Thursday-Tuesday. I added the Wednesday before with ph. Landing Tuesday night and checking in to the poly on wednesday

We originally had 6 day ph, Thursday-Tuesday. I added the Wednesday before with ph. Landing Tuesday night and checking in to the poly on wednesday

I'm confused about WHICH night you are arriving and on which night you are asking about going to PM EMH.
Your current tickets would not be valid on your Tuesday arrival night, so you would not be eligible to go to PM EMH that first Tuesday night.

Are you asking about WEDNESDAY night for MK PM EMH?

Last edited:

I'm confused about WHICH night you are arriving and on which night you are asking about going to PM EMH.
Your current tickets would not be valid on your Tuesday arrival night, so you would not be eligible to go to PM EMH that first Tuesday night.

Are you asking about WEDNESDAY night for MK PM EMH?
Yes, sorry for the confusion. We have bog booked for Thursday morning. The emh is Wednesday.

Here is our trip plan so far. Not that anyone asked for it, but I love talking about it.
Day 1 land at Mco at 7:20 pm staying at Drury Orlando. Might go to ds but probably not.
Day 2 check in to poly, Ohana at 3:30 evening park plan dbt.
Day 3 bog at 8:30, bbb for dw and dd 12:30, Cinderella open table at 2:20 for dw and dd. Me and boys just do our touring plan for Adventureland and whatever else. Head back at 4:00.
Day 4 cm at 7:35am then Ak
Day5 Ohana breakfast at 9:10 then water park Evening plans unknown.
Day 6 gg ppo adr 8:15, akershus for dd and dw at 11:55, me and boys Biergarten at 12:00. 7:50 fantasmic vip show.
Day7 emm Hs sci-fi at 3:05
Day 8 emm MK flight out at 5:20.

Last edited:
If you can take advantage of 1 or 2 MK FPs on Day 2, I'd say the $9 was well-spent. Skipping BOG seems like a good idea, although DD may enjoy seeing the castle. If that's the case, maybe you could snag an off-peak reservation for two on Day 8?

Starting at bog together a family in the morning seems like a great plan before splitting up. I would do some park time on your check in day at the poly tho, especially if it’s only $9. You don’t have to stay late, just as late as you want. Maybe 3 fp’s and some uncrowded things like cop, peoplemover, liberty boat, country bears, etc. totally worth it! Maybe during your boys time you can do the pirates adventure in Adventureland!

For $9 pp extra, I'd go to MK after Ohana. You could book 3 FPs that evening after Ohana, then stay as late as the kids can handle knowing they would need to get up early the next morning. I'd keep BOG PPO as well. The kids might like to see the inside of the Beast's Castle (also a great way to start your DD BBB princess day - eating in one Castle for bkfst then the other Castle for lunch!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter