Evening Arrival with Magical Express

citygirl27712

Earning My Ears
We arrive @ MCO @ 6:55 pm. We always arrive in the morning or mid day but SWA cancelled our flight due to the plane being a 737 Max and there were only 2 non stop flights to choose from. I know Disney states it can take up to 4 hrs for your bags to arrive at your room.
My question is this.... would you let Magical Express get the bags or would you grab them and take them with you to the bus?
We are trying to head to MK that night since they extended hours to midnight. If it does take 4 hours for Magical Express to deliver the bags, will the bags still get delivered to the room that late?

I love not having to go to baggage claim, but it could be late. In August, we landed around 5pm. Quick magic express ride, we were at the resort just before 7. Bags came around 9:30. That's a good time - 2.5 hours after arriving at the resort. But it was still late in the day - and we landed almost 2 hours before you.

As with any flight at any time, pack your essentials in a carry on (sleepwear, toiletries, extra change of clothes).

Seeing how I won't need those bags that night yep, I'll let ME get them. See no reason why not. If, big IF, I was going to be up I'd go on and let them deliver that night whenever they arrive. If I was turning in early then I'd have BS hold till morning, also placing the occupied sign out. And latch the door. Just to be triple sure they don't bring them.

I would pick them up myself. A few years ago I arrived at Pop around 6:15-6:30. My bags finally arrived in my room around 11:30 PM after I had called inquiring on them and hearing Bell Services say that they had them and would deliver to me first when they got to my building which they were just getting ready to do. After another experience at Boardwalk when I went down after midnight to Bell services and being told it would still be awhile or they could grab them from the back to give to me (that is what I did), I have been picking up my baggage for any flights arriving after 5 PM.

We landed at 7ish or so (I can't remember) we were checked in at the front desk around 815 and by 1130 decided to have Bell Services hold the bags over night, when we called the next morning they were delivered fairly quickly. We had built that into the plan...well it's my standard plan, have all essentials in the carryon in case the luggage gets lost.

We arrive @ MCO @ 6:55 pm. We always arrive in the morning or mid day but SWA cancelled our flight due to the plane being a 737 Max and there were only 2 non stop flights to choose from. I know Disney states it can take up to 4 hrs for your bags to arrive at your room.
My question is this.... would you let Magical Express get the bags or would you grab them and take them with you to the bus?
We are trying to head to MK that night since they extended hours to midnight. If it does take 4 hours for Magical Express to deliver the bags, will the bags still get delivered to the room that late?
Keep in mind, it's up to 3 hours from when you check into your resort for bags to be delivered. Then figure 90 minutes to get from the plane to your resort, so bags SHOULD be delivered ~11:30P.

What I would do...
1) Pack anything necessary for the first 24 hours in a carry on (good idea any time you fly).
2) Let DME pick up the bags.
3) Arrive and go to MK.
4) If bags haven't been delivered by the time I got to the room, I'd contact bell services and ask them to hold the bags. Then put up the "do not disturb" sign on the door.
5) As soon as I wake up the next morning, call for the bags.

Yes, the bags will still get delivered up to four hours after your arrival. If going to the MK is a priority for you, then I would let ME take your checked bags. You can skip the baggage carousel, go straight to ME and drop your carry-ons at your room before heading to MK. The checked bags will be delivered while you're gone.

If you're not sure on MK, then I think you should get your bags yourself. I feel more settled/relaxed once we have all our bags and can unpack at the resort.

I would have carried on everything I'll need for the first 24 (to 36, for an evening flight) hours, and let Magical Express handle my luggage.

Ditto. I don't believe in wasting time at the airport, waiting for my bags, when I don't have to.

Same exact scenario for us on 11/11! Southwest and 737s. We got pushed to a later arrival. We still let Disney pick up our bags and did DME to our resort. I checked in online during the bus ride. Got our room number before arrival and went to the room to freshen up a bit. Ordered a pizza and it was delivered from our resort's restaurant. We ate and by 8:30pm were out walking. We had no bags yet, so there was no point to hanging around.

We explored AoA and bought Mickey ice creams. Got our refillable mugs. Went back to the room to check and still no bags. Dropped off our mugs and went straight to the SkyLiner for a go at it.

We rode to Epcot and watched the night sky from our gondola. By the time we got back to the room, the bags were there. This was now around 9:30pm.

So in total it took about 3 hours for our bags to arrive... guesstimating. Who knows, they may have been delivered when we got on the SkyLiner!

It would be pretty nice if the Disney App could tell me... or perhaps a text message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter