Even my plans need a plan!

themouseandme

Earning My Ears
Ok...so this is our first trip to WDW and I'm feeling pretty good about the plans I've made (thanks to you awesome folks!). I have all our reservations and FP + made and our touring strategy all planned out.

My next step is deciding the best way to actually take these awesome plans with us into the parks. I'm a digital person, so I'm thinking I should put them into my phone somehow. But I'd like a hard copy backup too, I think.

What do you all do with your plans??

I put all my plans, according to date and time in Notes on my IPhone. So it's all laid out for me & easy to read.

Well I'm a little crazy with my plans but I usually have them in a spreadsheet blocked off by day in addition to what is in my phone. Last trip I changed it up and put each days plans on an index card that would easily fit in the pocket of our backpack. Made it easier to read and handle.

I do mine in a Google Sheet, I print a hard copy to post on the back of the hotel room door, as well as a hard copy that I fold and carry in my park bag. Then, I also have it accessible on my phone.

I use DropBox. That way I just move my plans to my dropbox and I can access them from there on any of my digital devices.

I also have them written on little 3 x 5 index cards in case I break my phone or don't feel like digging it out when I know something is coming up like an ADR but I don't remember the exact time of it.

I have my plans on my iPhone, but I also print out a hard copy, so I don't have to keep pulling out my phone. I have my game plan printed on one side, and a map of the plan on the other. Here's an example of one of my days.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

You can bring up My Disney Experience on your phone -- add notes with times and it all shows up for easier keeping.

Is this from an App? If so, which one? Love this format!

Not really, there was a bunch of tweaking by me. I wrote the list using my "notes" app, and then the map comes from Touring Plans, which I used to create my plans. I took a screen shot of the TP map for each plan, and I cropped it and then I used an app called Phonto, to add the names of the rides and the Disney characters.

Ok. Thanks. I just need to finalize my plans and then work on something like this. I like MDE alright, but dang it really burns through my battery!

I took screenshots of each day's itinerary in the MDE app, but I really like everyone's printout ideas!

I just put everything in as appointments in iCal with alerts to remind me. I also made a hard spreadsheet too using a Word table. Everything was colored coded and beautiful, but it turns out I just relied on MyDisneyExerience app more than anything else I did!

I wrote down fast pass times, ADRs and any other info I wanted to remember on an index card and laminated it. Worked great!

I print a hard copy to post on the back of the hotel room door
10ce14.jpg

I had a teeny notebook (maybe 3 inches square) and wrote a note of ADR times and numbers, and FP+ times. Took 10 minutes before I left, added no significant weight to my bag and I pulled out pages as we finished the days. I had copies and screen grabs of MDE on my phone, but felt safer having a paper copy in case my battery died! Helpful to refer to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter