• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Even Goofy wouldn't do this - made a dining reservation for same day, not 6 months out...

Tony

Mouseketeer
OK, so a couple of months back I made 4 ADRs for 5 us. Three of them went through fine, but the fourth one I goofed up on and it now seems I booked it for the same day (Feb 23rd) rather than the day I wanted in August!

Anyway, wanted to make some adjustments, couldn't find the reservation. Tried to add it etc & eventually gave the reservations number a call. They said the reservation was in the past & thats why it couldn't be added.

So I double check the credit card & sure enough I've been charged $50! (5 x $10).

Any idea if I'll have any luck getting this refunded? It was for the Garden Grove & I'm sure that's never full on a Tuesday! I've sent Disney an e-mail but just wondered if there were any known tips & tricks for unpicking this.

Thanks in advance.

OK, so a couple of months back I made 4 ADRs for 5 us. Three of them went through fine, but the fourth one I goofed up on and it now seems I booked it for the same day (Feb 23rd) rather than the day I wanted in August!

Anyway, wanted to make some adjustments, couldn't find the reservation. Tried to add it etc & eventually gave the reservations number a call. They said the reservation was in the past & thats why it couldn't be added.

So I double check the credit card & sure enough I've been charged $50! (5 x $10).

Any idea if I'll have any luck getting this refunded? It was for the Garden Grove & I'm sure that's never full on a Tuesday! I've sent Disney an e-mail but just wondered if there were any known tips & tricks for unpicking this.

Thanks in advance.

This JUST happened to me a week or so ago. Tried to make a reservation in October, got all the way through to the phone number page, got the "sorry for the Paws" message, and then later in the day I noticed a reservation for the time/place I was trying to book for that day! It was a breakfast reservation, so by the time I saw it the time had passed.

I called dining and they said I'd have to talk to billing which I knew was closed for the day. She transferred me anyway and it was a voicemail set up specifically for the restaurant I guess. I left a message. Got a message the next day from someone saying they got my message and processed a refund. I think you'll be fine, but billing does have normal business hours so just call during 8-5p EST and you should be able to speak with someone.

The only thing I'm not clear on in your post... did this happen 3 months ago? If yes, I don't know if you'll be quite as successful. Still worth a shot.

Yep, happened back at the end of Feb when the booking window opened. They will be able to see it was a legitimate mistake as I'm based in the UK and made the other dining reservations at the same time to coincide with our DVC booking in August. I guess it's just whether they want to do the decent thing - or play by the rules.

OK spoke to dining today - they wanted to do the refund but couldn't as it was more than a month ago. They gave me the number to call in billing, but after being on hold for 10 minutes, I ended up with the option of leaving a voicemail or sending an e-mail. Will see what happens...

I just did the same thing, made a reservation for tonight instead of for Nov. 8th.. I noticed and immediately changed it to the right date, but it was still showing as tonight in MDE with no option to cancel it. Finally the choice to cancel showed and I did, but obviously it's within 24 hrs. I'm hoping they won't charge me so I don't have to deal with the headache of calling, but I'm sure they will. :crazy:doy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter