• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eurostar Castle Class?

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Has anyone travelled Castle Class on the Eurostar? What is your opinion or is it a waste of money?

Hi Elaine,

I have heard Castle Class is great - I don't think it is much more expensive than normal relatively speaking is it?

I've not done it myself but I have to say I find travelling by standard class on Eurostar a real pleasure anyway (in comparison to our trains here, LOL)

Sorry, that was about as much help as a chocolate teapot really :rolleyes:

Cheers

Karen

The only differance is that you get a meal. it's not a hot meal just a roll, apple, yoghurt and a drink if I remember rightly. Apparently they're not allowed to call it first class because it's not a hot meal they serve. The seating is the same so you're not even guaranteed getting a better seat with a table. We used it once - haven't bothered since!

Have to agree that its not really worth the extra money.
We went out in Castle Class and back in standard.The only difference I could see(apart from the meal)was slightly better decor and reclining seats.
Similar seat layout with most of the seating airline style i.e facing forwards and a few where two seats faced forward and two backwards with a table between them.

Miffy2003 said:
Sorry, that was about as much help as a chocolate teapot really :rolleyes:

Cheers

Karen

Chocolate teapot!!!:rotfl2:

We've been forced to buy Castle Class tickets as there are no standard class tickets left for our return day.:crazy2:
I have had the staff at the Eurostar office running round ragged after me all day:hyper2:and I must say they have been so helpful, (I can't sing their praises highly enough!), but apparently all the standard tickets for our planned departure day have been allocated for Disney packages, travel agents etc and although there will no doubt be some standard tickets left over nearer the time which will then be up for sale, I don't feel I can take that risk. We did consider changing our dates but the DLP hotel is booked, the London hotel is booked and (most important of all!) the dogs are booked into their kennels for their hols and it just seems too monumental a task to change everything. If we go any earlier my younger DD's would miss out on their summer clubs and if we go any later my eldest DD will miss her first day back at school and whilst I don't have any major problems with her missing school at the end of a term, I don't want her missing her first day in a new school year.

Even with the extra hike in price (which was £20 each) and allowing for an increase in the annual passes by the time we buy them, we have still saved money doing it this way rather than a package and as we are going at Christmas we will end up saving even more, or that's the idea!!!LOL

Will tell you what I think of the better seats and "snack"LOL on our return!:rotfl:

When we travelled on Castle Class we found the meal was exactly the same as you get when you travel standard class - the roll, juice, fruit etc...

You get a bit extra room but certainly not worth paying more money for.

The seats are wider, 3 across instead of 4. You also have a bit more leg room. As there are less people in the car there is more room for your luggage. The fabric on the seats is nicer.

ware bears - think yourself lucky you only got forced into castle class!!!! When me and DH went in Dec we got forced into First Class for our return journey, now there's a price hike!! The meal was lovely though, salmon and roast duck! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I didnt realise you got meals in standard class? When we went almost two years ago you just got your seat and a table if you were lucky - if not the pull down type from the back of the person in fronts seat.
We were upgraded foc to castle club and loved it. The main thing was the quiet! I love hearing the children getting excited but on the return when everyones nerves are showing it was nice to have only a few passengers around. Also you get the free newspapers and mags although a lot were in french - still you can browse the pictures!
I believe from April they are no longer having castle club but are going first class with a three course meal for all and free drinks - of course they will put the price up!!
I would say in my limited knowledge of castle club, it was worth spending a bit if you like it quieter and wider reclining seats are your thing.

Queenie said:
The meal was lovely though, salmon and roast duck! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I like the sound of that!!!:goodvibes

I'm prepared for that happening to us at Christmas as well now! Better start saving those pennies!:rotfl:

We didn't get a meal when we travelled standard class last February though there was a buffet car.

Glad I made you laugh Elaine! :teeth:

widget said:
I believe from April they are no longer having castle club but are going first class with a three course meal for all and free drinks - of course they will put the price up!!
I would say in my limited knowledge of castle club, it was worth spending a bit if you like it quieter and wider reclining seats are your thing.

Ooh, yes please, I like the sound of this!::yes:: I think I'll give the Eurostar office a ring when our tickets arrive, perhaps we will get a 3 course meal? Although knowing my luck, it will still be the roll and yoghurt!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter