Ethical, objective, dispassionate exploration of this crisis!

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
Just listened to the podcast that focused primarily on the tortuous decisions many of us must confront sooner than later re our disney travel plans.

Frankly I was a bit quizzical re the discussions on the boards re this before hearing this. But I was very glad that Pete and the team explored it today.... and well, minus rhetoric, without wacky and conflicting data assertions, and truly committed to everyone’s safety! This in spite of the fact that your own economic interests understandably have and will be victim to customers’ potential decisions to change or cancel their plans.

maybe I missed a part of the discussion, were there opinions re the safety of plane travel? We are going down, I think, in a few weeks. Feel relatively secure re the World itself, but am concerned re that circulating air on those planes!

In any event I want you to know that I appreciate your efforts and pray that the sum of everyone’s collective energies will turn the tide as soon as possible.

I wanted to post something similar yesterday (to thank the team for tackling an obviously important topic the way they did, with sensitivity and encouraging people to look at proper sources like the CDC and not any random internet quote), but I wasn't sure how to word it. I am sure it would not have been an easy topic, considering the type of business they have (travel).

To answer your question, they did kind of talk about hand sanitizer and about wiping down the trays etc on the plane. There is a discussion about hand sanitizer going on another thread. They did talk about their feelings on who would travel by plane, or to the World, or on a Cruise. I think the majority of the panel said they would feel comfortable at somewhere at Disney, but weren't too sure about flying on their own (I think Craig did say he would fly, depending on where he was flying to).

At any rate, i hope you are able to make the best decision possible for your upcoming trip and i agree. Thanks to Pete and the team for tackling what is obviously a sensitive topic.

I wanted to post something similar yesterday (to thank the team for tackling an obviously important topic the way they did, with sensitivity and encouraging people to look at proper sources like the CDC and not any random internet quote), but I wasn't sure how to word it. I am sure it would not have been an easy topic, considering the type of business they have (travel).

To answer your question, they did kind of talk about hand sanitizer and about wiping down the trays etc on the plane. There is a discussion about hand sanitizer going on another thread. They did talk about their feelings on who would travel by plane, or to the World, or on a Cruise. I think the majority of the panel said they would feel comfortable at somewhere at Disney, but weren't too sure about flying on their own (I think Craig did say he would fly, depending on where he was flying to).

At any rate, i hope you are able to make the best decision possible for your upcoming trip and i agree. Thanks to Pete and the team for tackling what is obviously a sensitive topic.

Appreciate your sentiments and reminders!

I agree, I thought they did a really good job yesterday. I cancelled my trip planned for March 21 - I'm probably out the flights and the DAH event but it felt like the right call. Hoping to rebook for the fall or maybe Memorial Day weekend.

I agree, I thought they did a really good job yesterday. I cancelled my trip planned for March 21 - I'm probably out the flights and the DAH event but it felt like the right call. Hoping to rebook for the fall or maybe Memorial Day weekend.

I'm not sure what airline, but I would definitely call them. I've seen lots of people posting that the airlines are waiving the cancellation fee considering what's going on right now. Worth a shot.

Just listened to the podcast that focused primarily on the tortuous decisions many of us must confront sooner than later re our disney travel plans.

Frankly I was a bit quizzical re the discussions on the boards re this before hearing this. But I was very glad that Pete and the team explored it today.... and well, minus rhetoric, without wacky and conflicting data assertions, and truly committed to everyone’s safety! This in spite of the fact that your own economic interests understandably have and will be victim to customers’ potential decisions to change or cancel their plans.

maybe I missed a part of the discussion, were there opinions re the safety of plane travel? We are going down, I think, in a few weeks. Feel relatively secure re the World itself, but am concerned re that circulating air on those planes!

In any event I want you to know that I appreciate your efforts and pray that the sum of everyone’s collective energies will turn the tide as soon as possible.

I do recall John mentioning at one point that it was plane travel he was most concerned about - not sure if he meant specifically for being on the plane or taking the plane somewhere that you then would have trouble (potentially) coming back home

Well.....Disneyland is closing on Friday. I think WDW will follow suit shortly.
It's just too big with too many people from all over to even think about containing a viral spread.

I'm not sure what airline, but I would definitely call them. I've seen lots of people posting that the airlines are waiving the cancellation fee considering what's going on right now. Worth a shot.

Thanks. It's Frontier. They're the worst but I will absolutely call. I know their current policy is you can reschedule but within a limited date range that probably won't work for us and everything is far too uncertain for me to commit to at the moment.

Absolutely you made the right call. No way is WDW open on 3/21 in my opinion. They will close in short order for at least 2 weeks which would've been in your time frame. Keep on taking care of your family. Disney will be there for many future memories.

Airplanes have HEPA filters and actually pretty good air quality. It's the stuff you touch you should be worried about.
As @ISUamanda said, air quality on planes is better than most think. I recently got the following information from American:
"Most of our aircraft are equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters that provide a complete air change approximately 15 to 30 times per hour, or once every two to four minutes. A HEPA filter's complete air change is better than most other forms of transportation and office buildings’ and similar to the standard for hospitals."

Although - if I was flying with American, I'd check in advance to make sure the equipment for my flight had HEPA filters since they prefaced their comment with "Most of our aircraft."

I listened to the podcast and was frankly stunned when Pete listed his higher risk categories and then the cruise and multiple vacations he had booked coming up that he was only just starting to waver on. Maybe my assessment of risk is far different but there is no freakin’ way he shouldn’t have canceled ages ago. At least now the decision has been made for him.

I listened to the podcast and was frankly stunned when Pete listed his higher risk categories and then the cruise and multiple vacations he had booked coming up that he was only just starting to waver on. Maybe my assessment of risk is far different but there is no freakin’ way he shouldn’t have canceled ages ago. At least now the decision has been made for him.

He said he was also spending a week @ Disney...it'll be interesting to see his thoughts on the resorts when the people can't visit the parks, how the CMs handle the crowds and activities.

He said he was also spending a week @ Disney...it'll be interesting to see his thoughts on the resorts when the people can't visit the parks, how the CMs handle the crowds and activities.
I would assume they are expecting a lot of cancellations and postponements so the crowds may not be that bad. I was thinking about how the hotel restaurants will be packed, since no one can eat in the parks. I wonder if that played into keeping DS open?

Originally Tokyo Disneyland said it would reopen the 15th. Haven't heard they won't reopen.
Interesting Paris hasn't felt the need to close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter