ESPN the Weekend

luvstiggertoo

<font color=green>DIS'ing at work!!<br><font color
What can anyone tell me about ESPN the weekend.
How crowded is Hollywood Studios?
Has anyone gone to the Mike & Mike taping? How early do you have to get there?

Has anyone done the Champions 5k?

My DW and I will be making our first trip during ESPN The Weekend (we didn't even know it was going on when we booked). From what I have read on several other threads here, while DHS is crowded it seems like the crowds are focused on the ESPN activities and not the rides. Regardless, we are planning on hitting DHS on Thursday hoping it will be less busy. If there is anything we can't get to we will head back on Monday before the plane takes off.

Any way you look at it, a busy day with the Mouse is better than a slow day at home!:goodvibes

We have been to ESPN the weekend the last several years. We always go on Saturday, so it is pretty busy. It seems that the rides are just as busy as the ESPN events. You will get to see a ton of athletes up close and personal. Last year, the highlight of my trip was getting a chance to play cornhole (bean bag toss) with Deangelo Williams (Carolina Runningback) for like 15 minutes. If I were you, I would be there right when the park opens and head straight to Toy Story Mania. Last year, that line was 2 hours by midday. The other rides will have long lines, but nothing like that.

I also plan to run the 5K in the morning, which is pretty cool because you run about half of the race through Hollywood Studios.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the info bucsfan!
We're running the 5k too. I am so excited to run through the park!

I'm running the "Fat Boy 5K" this year, and am looking forward to it. I've also been to The Weekend a couple times now.

If you can, it's probably wise to spend one non-Weekend morning at Studios for "rides", so that your Weekend day can be just about the ESPN events. I split my visit this way last year, and it worked out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter