Escape Wedding Photography

SoonToBeMrs

Mouseketeer
Hi, We're planning an escape wedding at WDW. I'm wondering if there are any former escape brides that have used the Disney photographer or have hired an outside photographer and if you have any advice on which is a better option. :confused: I've read some bad reviews on the Disney photographers and I'm a little worried about it because photos are important to us. We're on a limited budget so that does play into our decision. Thanks for the advice.

When we were married, Disney allowed us to keep our Escape package photographer when we hired an outside photographer (not sure if they do that anymore). I was very happy we hired the outside photog because I wasn't pleased with the Disney photos. I think if you have your heart set on a particular photography style or photographer, it's better to be safe and just hire the outsider so that you know he/she will do a great job. HTH! :)

SoonToBeMrs said:
Hi, We're planning an escape wedding at WDW. I'm wondering if there are any former escape brides that have used the Disney photographer or have hired an outside photographer and if you have any advice on which is a better option. :confused: I've read some bad reviews on the Disney photographers and I'm a little worried about it because photos are important to us. We're on a limited budget so that does play into our decision. Thanks for the advice.

Thank you for starting this thread! I just spoke to a consultant yesterday about planning a possible escape wedding myself. I bet we'll have a lot of the same questions- thanks for bringing this to my attention! I do was a bit concerned about reading the reviews of Disney photogs. Good luck! I know your day will be gorgeous!

Finally got in touch with Randy Chapman and he is a very reasonable price. Does anyone know what happens to the Disney photography if I choose to hire him? :confused3 Is there a discount? Or do they still have a Disney photographer as well?

If you use an outside photographer for an Escape wedding you give up the Disney wedding photography that comes with the package, but you can swap it for photography at your dessert party or a 1-hour Enhanced Portrait Session at any Disney resort.

If you use an outside photographer for an Escape wedding you give up the Disney wedding photography that comes with the package, but you can swap it for photography at your dessert party or a 1-hour Enhanced Portrait Session at any Disney resort.

Thanks. It looks like it might be worth it. It's cheaper to hire an outside photographer than to upgrade the photo disc with Disney. Plus I could get a resort photo package out of it :cool1:

SoonToBeMrs said:
Finally got in touch with Randy Chapman and he is a very reasonable price. Does anyone know what happens to the Disney photography if I choose to hire him? :confused3 Is there a discount? Or do they still have a Disney photographer as well?

Oh! You will love Randy!!! We used him for our wedding and loved working with him.

Another very happy Randy Escape bride here. He was fantastic and captured our day perfectly. We used our Escape photography element for a family photoshoot at the Boardwalk. I much prefer our Randy shots to our Disney Fine Art ones.

So can anyone tell me what does Randy charge? What is his hourly rate and how does it work. We are looking for a reasonable photographer as well. Let me know!! Thank you thank you!:drive:

We have just received the link to the website with our wedding photos and I am so unhappy with them not what I expected at all if I could do it again I would book another photographer. Lucky family took lots of photos but I'm still Very upset with the professional ones

Jadelouise said:
We have just received the link to the website with our wedding photos and I am so unhappy with them not what I expected at all if I could do it again I would book another photographer. Lucky family took lots of photos but I'm still Very upset with the professional ones

Did you use Disney or randy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter