Escape Rehearsal

alissa2008

I'll take two.
Anyone know if you're allowed to do a rehearsal if you're an escape couple? I'm terrified of screwing up!

To my knowledge, you cannot have an official rehearsal as an Escape couple. I was also very nervous about messing up! Our wedding was at SBP so I nervous about the walk (because you turn to head up the aisle). The night before the wedding, I went over the ceremony with DH because I thought he'd probably be the one who needed to know what was going on more than anyone else! :rotfl2: We did not spend that night together, so I also sent his vows along with him to review.

We didn't have a true wedding party-- just my niece, nephew, and brother. Once we met with our planner the morning of the wedding, she went over how it was going to happen and then it happened! My brother walked up, followed by the kids, when she gave us the go ahead, my dad and I started the walk up. SBP is the only tricky location that I know of because you walk up the "arm" and then up the middle "aisle."

As far as the ceremony, Rev. Day was our officiant and he went right through the ceremony as I had written it. He prompted us when we needed to do or say anything. We did not have a lot of speaking parts, lol, so it wasn't difficult. I knew the order of the ceremony and when I had to focus and when I could look at the boats passing by. That sounds horrible, but it was really hot standing in a wedding dress even in December!

Yeah, we're doing SBP too, which is why I'm a little nervous! But, our officiant (JoAnn Pessagno) has written a beautiful ceremony and if she follows it to the letter, we should be in good shape (as far as knowing "whats next"). Thanks for your help!!

I knew the order of the ceremony and when I had to focus and when I could look at the boats passing by. That sounds horrible, but it was really hot standing in a wedding dress even in December!

:rotfl2: I'm probably going to do this too -- use the Amanda strategy and stare blankly into space to keep from ruining my makeup!! :rotfl:

Alissa-
So interesting to me that you are using JoAnn! I was going to post to see if anyone was using her because I called her like on a Monday and she told me she would send me a "sample ceremony" by the end of the upcoming weekend (which I didn't understand why it had to take so long as she didn't have our information yet)...I never received anything..

I'm glad you were able to contact her though! We are using Teresa Knox, who I had spoken to before I called JoAnn..

Lori

Alissa-
So interesting to me that you are using JoAnn! I was going to post to see if anyone was using her because I called her like on a Monday and she told me she would send me a "sample ceremony" by the end of the upcoming weekend (which I didn't understand why it had to take so long as she didn't have our information yet)...I never received anything..

I'm glad you were able to contact her though! We are using Teresa Knox, who I had spoken to before I called JoAnn..

Lori

Yeah, she seemed a little slow to contact at first, but once we received our ceremony we knew we had to choose her! (I posted it in my pj, if you're interested). I think she really tries to write new ceremonies (with some parts as stock) for each of her couples - but she does seem really busy! She usually gets back to me within 1-3 days of emailing her...it did take a long time to get the sample ceremony though -- we weren't too worried since we started speaking with her about 12 months out...:confused3 I hope everything goes well with Teresa!

:eek: I hate that you can't have a rehearsal if you are doing an escape wedding! I am also terrified of screwing up, especially since I have never actually been to SBP. :worried:
I was wondering... Are you escape brides still having a "rehearsal dinner" even though there is no actual rehearsal? I would really like to, and I think it is important to my FMIL. Is anyone else doing this? And if so, what restaurant are you choosing?

:eek: I hate that you can't have a rehearsal if you are doing an escape wedding! I am also terrified of screwing up, especially since I have never actually been to SBP. :worried:
I was wondering... Are you escape brides still having a "rehearsal dinner" even though there is no actual rehearsal? I would really like to, and I think it is important to my FMIL. Is anyone else doing this? And if so, what restaurant are you choosing?

yes, we're doing a "rehearsal dinner" -- we're calling it a "rehearsal/welcome dinner" at Chef Mickeys (we thought a character dinner would be good to get everyone in the mood) -- although after i booked the ADR, people on dis have been saying that its kind of slow and not what they expected... we're still going to do it though - I don't feel like scouring finding another place that can hold 30 people... :confused3

Thought I'd chime in!

I want a rehearsal too, because I'm scared I'll mess up as well.

We're also doing a Welcome Dinner at O'hana's! Hmmm... lapu lapu's! I plan on drinking a few of these! :rotfl:

Although we are doing a Wishes Vow Renewal, we chose not to have a rehearsal. We ARE,, however, doing a meal the night before the wedding, what would traditionally be the rehearsal supper. We are calling it our Welcome Party and the entire guest list (25) is being invited. We will be giving our our Welcome Bags with all the pertinent information enclosed.

We arranged the meeting with the restaurant directly. We are having it at 1900 Park Fare. I chose the buffet, so that there are lots of choices for food and I only pay one price per person. I will note on the information packet I send out that alcoholic beverages may be purchased on their own. This way I know what to budget for. Our Farewell/Thank You Breakfast is going to be the same way. It is booked at Chef Mickey's...again character flair, with a buffet with choices for everyone.

yes, we're doing a "rehearsal dinner" -- we're calling it a "rehearsal/welcome dinner" at Chef Mickeys (we thought a character dinner would be good to get everyone in the mood) -- although after i booked the ADR, people on dis have been saying that its kind of slow and not what they expected... we're still going to do it though - I don't feel like scouring finding another place that can hold 30 people...

We're also doing a Welcome Dinner at O'hana's! Hmmm... lapu lapu's! I plan on drinking a few of these!

Although we are doing a Wishes Vow Renewal, we chose not to have a rehearsal. We ARE,, however, doing a meal the night before the wedding, what would traditionally be the rehearsal supper. We are calling it our Welcome Party and the entire guest list (25) is being invited. We will be giving our our Welcome Bags with all the pertinent information enclosed.

We arranged the meeting with the restaurant directly. We are having it at 1900 Park Fare. I chose the buffet, so that there are lots of choices for food and I only pay one price per person. I will note on the information packet I send out that alcoholic beverages may be purchased on their own. This way I know what to budget for. Our Farewell/Thank You Breakfast is going to be the same way. It is booked at Chef Mickey's...again character flair, with a buffet with choices for everyone.

These all sound like wonderful ideas ladies! :) Do any of these restaurants offer special "rehearsal dinner" packages? Do you reserve a private room, or just a really big table? Thanks for all the help and advice. I have a long way to go before our wedding but I am trying to at least start organizing all of my ideas! :laughing:

We had a Welcome Dinner at 'Ohana. We invited all our guests-- 21 (my brother had to work, so he's the only one who missed out). We had our Groom's cake there. There is no special room at 'Ohana, but they have ginormous tables there. We booked through the Group Dining line, which you will be connected to if you call WDW Dining asking for a reservation for 13+ (I think). You have to take the first seating time (5:00pm I believe), I've also read the last time, but I don't know for sure. Our Welcome Dinner was magnificent! Our guests really enjoyed it and they all got to see Wishes! from the dining room. Great way to kick everything off!!

Because after posting about JoAnn and how we're using Teresa...I got an e-mail from Teresa that said she is not available after all for our weddding! Neither is Kevin, so she refunded my deposit. Now I'm back to square 1 with officiants!
I contacted JoAnn again, but I have a lot of questions for her. I also contacted Randal Miller who we really liked when we saw him on Summer's video...

sigh...

Because after posting about JoAnn and how we're using Teresa...I got an e-mail from Teresa that said she is not available after all for our weddding! Neither is Kevin, so she refunded my deposit. Now I'm back to square 1 with officiants!
I contacted JoAnn again, but I have a lot of questions for her. I also contacted Randal Miller who we really liked when we saw him on Summer's video...

sigh...

Don't give up on JoAnn! ... She'll get there eventually -- I just feel like she's a little scatterbrained...I think she looks at the wedding date and says "oh yeah, I have plenty of time." ... which is fine by me, because that' s how I work, so I have some empathy in that dept. But, I suppose if you're really pushing for info, it could be frustrating. I wonder if maybe you have her email address wrong? Or did you call her? :confused3

We're doing a secret run through late one night after dinner, I need practice. I'm way to OCD to "wing it." :rotfl:

Even without a rehearsal you'll be fine. Your EM will tell you what to do. We got married at SBP and it was very simple service with Rev. Day. He was wonderful.

We had a welcome Wishes cruise. Only problem, we FROZE! It was so cold we were all wrapped up in blankets and nobody drank more than one beer during the entire cruise.

For those of you that are doing a rehearsal -- did you have to hire your officiant for a second day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter