Escape from Real Life to Paradise: A New Trip with New Memories - Completed 4/3

Wednesday, June 25 – Part 3 – One More 2-Hour Dinner

After the nap we got ready for our final dinner aboard the Disney Dream and it was one we had been looking forward to at Animator’s Palate. We headed down at 5:45 for our dinner and the atmosphere was really cool in the restaurant. We were hoping DS would make it through one more two-hour dinner.

IMG_1159_zps71d4fec5.jpg

DW was also looking forward to dinner tonight!

IMG_1160_zps5d162b6c.jpg

Eventually the dining room was joined by Crush although we had a table in the middle so we didn’t have a screen very close to us.

IMG_1161_zpsef645a8f.jpg

I will warn you that for some reason I didn’t take many food pictures tonight, so I apologize in advance for that! For my appetizer I had the Black Truffle Pasta: Pasta Purses filled with Truffle-scented Cheese and coated with a Champagne Sauce. It was fantastic and I would have loved to have ordered another plate of it.

DW didn’t have an appetizer tonight, but we both ordered the Potato Cheese Soup with the soup/salad course. The menu reads Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives. It was really good; almost as good as the soup at Le Cellier!

IMG_1162_zps428865ab.jpg

For DW’s entrée she had the Lemon-thyme Marinated Organic Chicken Breast with Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, roasted Root Vegetables and Grain Mustard Jus. She really liked it and said it was very well seasoned. I couldn’t decide on a meal and ended up going with the Seared Red Snapper with Scallops, Crushed New Potatoes and Salsa Verde.

IMG_1163_zps4125bd08.jpg

It was good, although a little overcooked. The scallops, potatoes, and salsa were really tasty though and made the dish a good one overall. About the time we got to dessert DS was finished sitting in a high chair and threw a little tantrum. DW ended up taking him out to run around a little bit and I had to get our desserts to go. I had the Cookies and Cream Sundae, which was solid, and DW and DS both got the kids brownie and ice cream. We ended up eating those in the room while DS played with his toys for a little while.

Overall, we liked the meal. The show during dinner with Crush is a nice “Disney” touch, although it would have been nicer to have had a TV screen within better view of our table. Other than that the only other thing was that this meal seemed a little slower paced than the other two dining rooms and DS’s time in a high chair maxes out at about and hour and 15 minutes or so. With the last dinner down we headed off to our destination for the evening!

Up Next: One Final Night!

Animator’s Palate is definitely one of the things I would be most looking forward to with a Disney Cruise ... kind of a bummer you weren't closer to the screens, but I am sure it was still really cool.

Your food all looks good - and your pasta appetizer sounds really good.

Sorry it took so long though and you didn't really get to enjoy dessert

Oh No! It's your last night already? Boo! I guess that's how I'm going to be feeling next month this time!

Yay for Palo brunch. It looks really amazing and I've heard so many good reviews about it.

Dinner looks pretty yummy too!

But, ugh to packing!

Looking forward to your last night.

Animator’s Palate is definitely one of the things I would be most looking forward to with a Disney Cruise ... kind of a bummer you weren't closer to the screens, but I am sure it was still really cool.

It was a great meal, despite not being next to the screen. We could still hear everything the atmosphere was really great.

Your food all looks good - and your pasta appetizer sounds really good.

It was good food, especially the appetizer and soup courses.

Sorry it took so long though and you didn't really get to enjoy dessert

It was the least appealing dessert menu to us, so it was not that big of a deal. I had eaten my weight in soft serve "Eye-Scream" on the pool deck at this point so I was definitely not having a shortage of sweet treats!

Oh No! It's your last night already? Boo! I guess that's how I'm going to be feeling next month this time!

It goes so fast, but we do feel like we got to do some many great things and have so many great memories from those few days.

Yay for Palo brunch. It looks really amazing and I've heard so many good reviews about it.

We highly recommend Palo for brunch. Worth every penny of the $25 fee per person.

Dinner looks pretty yummy too!

Definitely was good, especially the appetizer and cheddar cheese soup!

But, ugh to packing!

Packing to leave is by far the worst part of a vacation. We pack everything so neat and tidy when we leave for vacation and stuff just get's thrown in the the suitcase when leaving to head home...except we still had plenty of time at Disney World after the cruise, so it wasn't too sad.

Looking forward to your last night.

It is a good one!

Wednesday, June 25 – Part 4 – One Final Night!

While we were in the room after dinner we found a final towel animal from Natha, and he used DW’s sunglasses as a prop.

IMG_1165_zps7a97f639.jpg

After we got to rest for a few minutes after dinner we headed to take DS to the nursery for his final time. He loved going in there and playing and was happy he was getting to do it one last time. We dropped him off about 8:00 and stopped at guest services to get DW a new KTTW card. This was the second time we had to replace hers because she either left it in the room or lost it. At least it is an easy process for them to print a new one. We headed upstairs to get a seat in the balcony before the show for the night. The doors weren’t open yet, but the Mickey statue was looking good tonight!

IMG_1166_zps9d6c6bf0.jpg

They opened the doors shortly after 8:10 and we got what we thought was the best seat in the house in the front of the center section of the balcony. We felt you could see things so well from up there and you didn’t have to fight anyone for a seat downstairs. Here was the view:

IMG_1168_zps9c82c4c7.jpg

We also took a blurry selfie…sorry for the poor quality.

IMG_1169_zps5b21a3d0.jpg

The show for the night, “Believe”, started at 8:30 and we were blown away. The other shows were good, but this one was awesome. The things they do with the sets on stage are amazing. We go see national tours of Broadway musicals all the time and the quality of this show is right up there with any of those. The story line of this one is great as well and it is a show not to be missed when on the Disney Dream.

We went back at 9:30 and finished packing as we had about 30 minutes left until we had to pick up DS. We ran down to pick up DS at 10:00 and he said good-bye to all of his new friends in the nursery. When we got back I put the luggage tags on and set our bags out. We also spent a little time making sure our theme park bag was ready as we were going to hit the Animal Kingdom for a few hours on Thursday. We had also ordered some final treats from room service:

IMG_1171_zps1d8d0856.jpg

Can’t beat those as a bedtime snack. DW and DS went to bed at 10:30 while I went up to the top decks to just soak in some final time. I took the comment card with me and filled it out while sitting up there as we sailed along. I was able to look back over so many great memories in just four days and see the great value that was our first Disney cruise.

Up Next: Goodbye to the Dream

Thursday, June 26 – Part 1 – Goodbye to the Dream

We woke up the next morning around 6:15 to get ready for disembarkation. The cruise seemed so short overall, but we had so many fantastic memories in just four days. DW and I got dressed and were making quite a bit of noise, but it didn’t faze this tired boy.

IMG_1173_zpsfa93d30a.jpg

We had to be at the See Your Real Soon Breakfast at Animator’s Palate at 6:45 and we arrived right on time. It is nice to have one last meal with your servers and tablemates to be able to tell them goodbye. I got the Route 66 breakfast and it was generic, but very good. Here it was:

IMG_1174_zps2bd218b6.jpg

DW had the Belgian Waffle and said it was just ok. We said good-bye to our servers and new friends and headed out to say goodbye to the ship. The gangway was already open for us to get off the ship at 7:30, but we spent a few more minutes there taking some sad pictures before disembarking.

IMG_1175_zps055bd622.jpg

IMG_1177_zps1405dcd4.jpg

Getting off the ship was fairly smooth. We scanned our cards one last time and headed through customs. We found a nice porter who took us through the whole process and took our bags all the way to our car for us. We were exiting the parking garage by 8:00, less than 15 minutes after getting off the ship.

I am going to break at this point and give my top 10 final thoughts on the cruise for our family and then pick up on the next update. I am a teacher and I am an organizer, which means I like lists so I am going to do this review in list format! These are our top 10 things, but are in no particular order…

1) In our opinion a Disney Cruise is worth the extra money compared to other cruise lines. Even if that means we cruise every other year instead of every year. The service level, size of the rooms, and so many other factors contribute to this.
2) The service from the crew members is above anything I have every seen. They take such great pride in their job and in making your experience a great one.
3) Our deck 7-room location was fantastic. We never really had to go more than four flights of stairs up or down, so we could take elevators if we wanted, but the stairs were always an option for us.
4) The upgrade to a deluxe inside stateroom for a couple of hundred dollars was well worth it. The addition of the split bath that they don’t have in standard inside rooms was a huge positive.
5) I’ve spoken in the report about the quality of the evening shows, but wanted to reiterate that. All cruise lines say they have great entertainment, but Disney may be the only one to truly back it up in terms of being Broadway caliber.
6) We loved the magical porthole as we had fun with it during the day, but we could turn it off at night or during naps and not have to deal with the sunlight.
7) Castaway Cay was fantastic. What really surprised us was how clean and nice it was in every area. It was nicely organized and the facilities were taken care of well, not to mention we loved the lunch. We must check out Serenity Bay next time!
8) There was so much food! We didn’t love Cabanas a whole lot, but all of the other food options were great. We also ended up enjoying the non-alcoholic drinks each day as well as having room service, ice cream, and soda whenever we wanted it.
9) DS did well for the most part, but he was worn out with all the activities though. The only big negative was that the meals got a little long for him, especially without Wi-Fi and Disney Junior on an iPad!
10) The final positive for us was the it’s a small world nursery. The staff there was awesome and seemed to always love when DS showed up. They sent him home with craft picture frame that he had made and a picture they taken of him while playing, as well as a card thanking us for letting DS spend time with them. They were fantastic with DS and he loved spending time there.

That will do it for this update. I’ll pick it up with our arrival at Walt Disney World next time!

Up Next: Is Our Room Ready?

Thursday, June 26 – Part 2 – Is Our Room Ready?

After getting away from the cruise terminal we headed back toward Orlando and the next leg of our trip. On the way in to town we stopped in a Publix on the Irlo Bronson Freeway to get some milk for DS and some other snacks and breakfast items to get us through the week. We were done there and headed towards WDW by about 9:30, when we got our first ever good picture of this:

IMG_1179_zpsec86c66f.jpg

IMG_1180_zps14e2c40c.jpg

We have only ever arrived by Magical Express bus and have never had a good enough seat to get a picture, so it was nice arriving by car this time! In just a few more minutes we were getting these pictures of our “home” for the next week:

IMG_1295_zpsdf4d2335.jpg

IMG_1297_zps826c92c9.jpg

IMG_1298_zps2eb8d685.jpg

We arrived at the Wilderness Lodge at about 9:45 and I had done online check in so everything went very smoothly. Our room was not ready yet, but we were given our request of a 6th floor room. I had requested 6th floor as some of the Woods view rooms gave nice views of Wishes, unfortunately we got a room facing the opposite direction. Not a big deal, but it was worth a try! While we were deciding what to do I finally took a few minutes to take in the lobby.

IMG_1181_zps4aefa3a0.jpg

It is incredible in there. I just stood and looked for a few minutes and tried to take it all in. We had not planned on hitting our park for the day, Animal Kingdom, until later that afternoon, but we were left with nothing to do. We sat in the lobby for a while and DS played in the big chairs.

IMG_1182_zps940b814c.jpg

IMG_1186_zps8c032b21.jpg

IMG_1183_zps72c6b443.jpg

And I took some more lobby pictures:

IMG_1184_zpsa1ee66f1.jpg

DW and I finally decided DS needed a nap as it was about that time so we got in the car and decided we would drive for a little bit to get him asleep and head to Animal Kingdom. We did that and let him sleep for about 20 minutes and pulled into Animal Kingdom at around 11:15. We took our time getting him out of the car and managed to get him into the stroller still asleep, only to have to get him out again to get on the tram. You could tell this was our first time…ever…arriving at the parks by car! Once at the front gates we were able to successfully get him back in the stroller looking like this:

IMG_1300_zpsd1c6728a.jpg

Our first mission here was to exchange our 10-day park hopper passes that we had purchased in February, the night before the price increase, into annual passes. We had to enter the park with them first so we would get credit for the current gate price, and then we stopped in guest services to do the upgrade. DW pulled in a corner of the room to let DS sleep while I took care of business. Before long the wonderful cast member handed me these:

IMG_1193_zpsa53c96c7.jpg

Then after a few minutes I had one of these with my name on it:

IMG_1194_zps6513a46f.jpg

We were finally annual pass holders. These babies were going to get us through three Disney World trips! It was around 11:45 when I finished and we decided we would head over to Restaurantosaurus to get some lunch. Now, we love Flame Tree BBQ and would have gone there, but Restaurantosaurus is air-conditioned and with DS sleeping we wanted to keep him cool, so that kind of made our decision for us. We weren’t really all that hungry, imagine that after getting off the cruise ship, so DW and I split the Mac ‘n Cheese Hog Dog.

IMG_1192_zpsf01698ff.jpg

About the time we got our food DS woke up…so I ended up getting back in line and getting him a kids meal as he was eating all of our French fries! The hot dog was good, but nothing spectacular. While we were eating we got a family Magic Band shot:

IMG_1195_zps20c4f6ed.jpg

We headed out at around 12:30 into the heat, but not before DS and I got our floppy hats ready!

IMG_1196_zpsf956afbb.jpg

Since we were in Dinoland DS and I went on Triceratop Spin. DW got a couple of pics, one of us in line and one on the ride.

IMG_1301_zps0bd77fdb.jpg

IMG_1302_zps75c40174.jpg

DS was a little scared as it was his first ride of the trip, but once we were up in the air he was fine and enjoyed it. Now that we had taken care of Triceratop Spin it was getting close to time to head to our first FP+ experience of the trip.

Up Next: A Hot Afternoon Safari

Thanks for your great summary of the cruise. Ours is just three weeks away. :cool1: Your summary was very helpful!

Yay for the WL! And double yay for becoming AP holders. I just think that's the best feeling on earth (especially since mine is now expired). :worried:

Looks like everyone is enjoying AK and what a great park to start your trip in!

Looking forward to reading more about the land portion of your trip!

Really looking forward to this part of your trip. Funny, we did the same trip only reversed. Wilderness than cruise. I'm curious to know which part you're going to like better.

The "Believe" show sounds really good and I agree with your thoughts about your seat location being the best!

Even if quick, nice to have that last bit of time at breakfast to say goodbye to people you spent time with on the cruise. Must have been tough to leave that morning (good sad faced ;) ) - glad the process of disembarking was easy though ... sounds very painless.

"a Disney Cruise is worth the extra money compared to other cruise lines" - I am very glad to hear you felt like you got your money's worth. We have talked about doing a cruise at some point (thinking of waiting until the kids are a bit older as not sure how often we will go) and obviously would love to do a Disney cruise but trying to wrap my head around the extra cost, so hearing that you feel it was worth it definitely is another check in the "pro" column

Man, that lobby to the Wilderness Lodge is really amazing - so many things Disney does right, but lobbies might be at the top of the list :rotfl:

Glad things worked out with getting your son to sleep and he transferred well. Having to deal with the trams when you have a stroller is definitely one of the downsides of driving. We often will just walk even it if is a little ways to skip the tram

Welcome to the Annual Pass Club! And Tables in Wonderland is one of the best purchases you can ever make!

Thanks for your great summary of the cruise. Ours is just three weeks away. :cool1: Your summary was very helpful!

You are very welcome!

Yay for the WL! And double yay for becoming AP holders. I just think that's the best feeling on earth (especially since mine is now expired). :worried:

It was a great feeling! We won't get one every year since we are so far away, but every few years we will try to stagger some trips as that gets you the most bang for your buck on park tickets.

Looks like everyone is enjoying AK and what a great park to start your trip in!

We love Animal Kingdom. If it were indoors and air conditioned we could stay their all day!

Really looking forward to this part of your trip. Funny, we did the same trip only reversed. Wilderness than cruise. I'm curious to know which part you're going to like better.

That is funny! Thanks for reading along. I won't say much right now, but the cruise will be hard to beat!

The "Believe" show sounds really good and I agree with your thoughts about your seat location being the best!

It is a fantastic show...the best of the three in our opinion.

Even if quick, nice to have that last bit of time at breakfast to say goodbye to people you spent time with on the cruise. Must have been tough to leave that morning (good sad faced ;) ) - glad the process of disembarking was easy though ... sounds very painless.

It is a nice meal for sure to get some "closure" as most people probably are depressed as they walk off the ship! It is nice to see your new friends and servers one last time though for sure.

"a Disney Cruise is worth the extra money compared to other cruise lines" - I am very glad to hear you felt like you got your money's worth. We have talked about doing a cruise at some point (thinking of waiting until the kids are a bit older as not sure how often we will go) and obviously would love to do a Disney cruise but trying to wrap my head around the extra cost, so hearing that you feel it was worth it definitely is another check in the "pro" column

We really think that it is for us, but the cost is a lot more than other cruise lines, so that can be a little prohibitive. Like so many other decisions when vacationing, especially at Disney, it really is just what is going to be best for your family.

Man, that lobby to the Wilderness Lodge is really amazing - so many things Disney does right, but lobbies might be at the top of the list :rotfl:

Yes, this one is the best we've seen and we've been in most of them.

Glad things worked out with getting your son to sleep and he transferred well. Having to deal with the trams when you have a stroller is definitely one of the downsides of driving. We often will just walk even it if is a little ways to skip the tram

We were going to walk until they parked us on the very last row of one side of the lot. They weren't parking anyone on the other side of the main road in yet, but they filled up one side completely and we would have had the furthest walk possible in that parking lot. We did consider it though!

Welcome to the Annual Pass Club! And Tables in Wonderland is one of the best purchases you can ever make

Thanks...it is a great feeling. Know we are going to get three trips in a year is awesome. We will have to take a little time away after that to do some other travel, but then we will probably do the AP thing again in the future.

Thursday, June 26 – Part 3 – A Hot Afternoon Safari

After leaving Triceratop Spin it was time to head to our first FP+ experience ever at Kilimanjaro Safari. It was a hot…hot…hot afternoon at the Animal Kingdom, but we are at Disney, so lather up with sunscreen and get to it!

We didn’t have time to go look at the new section of Harambe just yet, but I got a shot across the bridge while on our way to the safari.

IMG_1197_zps3744da0a.jpg

Our FP+ time was for 1:00 and we showed up just after that and had maybe a 10-minute wait. DS was ready for those doors to open so he could get on the truck!

IMG_1198_zpse502b926.jpg

We had a good safari. Almost every animal was pretty active, except for the lions, go figure! It was hot and the animals weren’t moving a whole lot, so the best safari time in the summer is still in the morning, but we did enjoy this one. DS especially loved it and he talked the entire time. He was calling out names of animals and pointing at them. It was such a different experience than a year earlier when he was just trying to figure out how we were right there next to animals. I’m just going to leave you with the pictures now of our safari.

IMG_1199_zps6bf18d5b.jpg

IMG_1200_zpsdb585a3d.jpg

IMG_1201_zps48ce1176.jpg

IMG_1202_zpsdd40d00c.jpg

IMG_1203_zps3273586d.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsc400b43c.jpg

IMG_1205_zpscc0d0e3e.jpg

IMG_1206_zps97c7f3c0.jpg

IMG_1208_zps6563f0b0.jpg

IMG_1212_zpsfb7f64cc.jpg

IMG_1213_zps2d97c19f.jpg

IMG_1218_zps930b28b1.jpg

IMG_1220_zps190c7e7c.jpg

Once we got off our safari we were heading out of Harambe, but right as you exit there was a photopass photographer next to where all of the drums are set up. We got some photopass pics and then DS spent some time playing on the drums they had sitting out.

wd044wdw201417791055798_7008959809_18_zps54d011af.jpg

wd045wdw201417791055717_7008959838_18_zpsee08bc81.jpg

IMG_1222_zps30149a7e.jpg

IMG_1224_zps40ef8ffd.jpg

This was a fun little pit stop and DS just loved it. I love the picture of him laughing. I’m out of picture space on this post so we’ll pick it up next time with our next FP+ attraction.

Up Next: Let the Magical Moments Begin

Sounds like a pretty good Safari all things considered with how hot it was and in the afternoon ... looks like your son really enjoyed it!

And those are some nice family pictures you got from the photopass photographer and just a great shot of your son looking so happy :goodvibes

Thursday, June 26 – Part 3 – A Hot Afternoon Safari

IMG_1197_zps3744da0a.jpg

[/B]

I love this view! What a great picture!

Looks like you had a great safari even though it was stinking hot. I just love the hippos. Ever since I saw them fed on the Wild African Trek and its one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Sounds like a pretty good Safari all things considered with how hot it was and in the afternoon ... looks like your son really enjoyed it!

And those are some nice family pictures you got from the photopass photographer and just a great shot of your son looking so happy :goodvibes

It was a fun afternoon. The heat was not the worst we've experience at Animal Kingdom, so that was a positive. DS was doing really well considering he only napped in the car/stroller on this day.

I love this view! What a great picture!

Looks like you had a great safari even though it was stinking hot. I just love the hippos. Ever since I saw them fed on the Wild African Trek and its one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

The new Harambe area is really cool and it does look great when looking from that bridge out over the water.

Thursday, June 26 – Part 4 – Let the Magical Moments Begin

After finishing up in Harambe we headed over for another FP+ reservation here:

IMG_1225_zps6b4185c8.jpg

I went first while DW and DS grabbed a child swap pass for her to use later. Every time I go through this queue area I am amazed at the level of detail. All of Disney World has incredible detail, but I feel Animal Kingdom took it to the next level on all of that kind of stuff. Just one picture I took of some random details:

IMG_1226_zpsbbad1c13.jpg

It was a great ride and it was our first chance to get our ride photos since they come with memory maker. It is pretty neat to not even have to wait in line to get them, and then they automatically sync to your account by reading your magic band.

wd047wdw201417791138102_7008961848_18_zps6dc2aafe.jpg

Once I got back DW took her turn on Everest:

wd046wdw201417791078837_7008956210_18_zpsb47c11e4.jpg

While she was on Everest I went to get a couple of cups of water for us as well as a little snack. One of my favorite savory snacks at WDW is at Yak & Yeti Counter Service:

IMG_1227_zpsa93adb02.jpg

Those Egg Rolls are so good. I could eat a meal of just those! After our snack we headed back to Harambe as we were going to catch the 3:00 show of Festival of the Lion King. The waiting area is mostly in the sun at the new theater which is not that great, but we didn’t have to wait too long before we got in. As far as the show we only took one picture, as we just wanted to relax and take it in because it is such a great show.

IMG_1228_zps1cb8a439.jpg

Now, I don’t mean to complain, but we were a little disappointed, and that the show was not quite as good as it was the last time we had seen it in the old theater. We felt the male singers were just not very good, but the girls were really good. My main issue was the sound mix was not near as good as the old theater. I have been trained in sound mixing and it was just not done very well, but in their defense I think this was within the first week or two of the new venue being open. So I’m sure they were still working out the mix at that point and that it will get better as they get used to the new space.

After the show we headed to see the Maharajah Jungle Trek and try and find some animals, but the animals must have been hot because not too many were out. We were able to see the big bats:

IMG_1230_zps4aa196f1.jpg

The detail in this area is great as well:

IMG_1231_zpsa8f09819.jpg

One tiger was out and DS enjoyed looking at him through the windows.

IMG_1232_zpsa40a4a98.jpg

Now, about the time we were thinking that this day was going really well we come to this point:

IMG_1233_zps631be01a.jpg

…the point where DS’s head is dangerously close to the exact height of that pole.

IMG_1234_zps67ee6afb.jpg

And you can guess what happens when he turns around quickly to tell us he found the tiger. Yes…he hit his head pretty hard. So we had a little moment of crying there within the jungle trek, but it was nothing a few goldfish couldn’t fix.

Once we were finished with the jungle trek I went to use the child swap pass we had gotten earlier for Everest. DW only needs to do most of the big rides once to be happy, but I want as many rides as I can get. Of course I found some more interesting pieces of detail in the queue.

IMG_1235_zps3eae1c29.jpg

And then my ride photo:

wd060wdw201417791070944_7008959905_18_zps219141d2.jpg

It was about 4:30 at this point and time for our final FP+ reservation. We had struggled with what to use this on, but figured the Adventurer’s Outpost meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie would be good for DS. It turned out to be a great choice. It is pretty unique to get to see Mickey and Minnie together and this is a nice change up with them in their safari clothes. DS loved seeing them and just went over and gave both of them hugs.

wd057wdw201417791146978_7008962247_18_zps4d4525aa.jpg

wd007wdw201417791146977_zps7523f383.jpg

wd048wdw201417791146979_7008960080_18_zpsceb4894d.jpg

wd073wdw201417791146983_7008965312_18_zpsd34d1ef6.jpg

The final thing on our Animal Kingdom agenda was a much anticipated dinner reservation at here:

IMG_1236_zpsc1b48703.jpg

DW and DS were ready to get into the air conditioning!

IMG_1237_zps4deb23ba.jpg

I had heard good things about it, but unfortunately we had a terrible experience. Now, I can honestly say this is the only bad dining experience we have ever had at Disney World, but it did not live up to the expectations at all.

We usually order an appetizer to share and we thought the Tempura Green Beans looked good. I am sure it is a great dish, but we never got the chance to try it because our waiter never brought them. We ordered them at the same time as our main dish and about 10 minutes later we had not seen the appetizer and our entrees arrived. They were not brought by our server, but by some other staff. We mentioned the appetizer and they said they would tell our server. Well, we never saw him again until we were almost done with our entrees as he came to refill our drinks for the first time in our meal. We just asked him to make sure the appetizer wasn’t on the final check and he did not even apologize for not getting the appetizer put in.

The food that we did have was okay. I had the tempura shrimp and it was good and DW had the honey chicken and it was good, but we agreed that they were both a really small serving. We were so frustrated we only got one picture and that was of my meal:
IMG_1240_zpsff5f6f17.jpg

Overall we were really disappointed. We expected a lot more from a Landry’s restaurant, and we thought the value of the meal was not very good either and that the portions were pretty small. Oh well, it is still our only bad experience at a Disney restaurant ever. We were ready to get back and enjoy some rest time at the resort. We were walking out of the park by 5:45 and were back at the Wilderness Lodge by 6:00.

Up Next: Disney World and Their Definition of “Rapid”

Thursday, June 26 – Part 5 – Disney World and Their Definition of “Rapid”

As we were walking out of the Animal Kingdom we took some photopass pictures from the front side of the Tree of Life. DS was getting tired at this point, so we couldn’t persuade him to put his blanky down, so they didn’t turn out great because of that, but still good nonetheless.

wd012wdw201417791169307_zps1f3c23ea.jpg

wd014wdw201417791169309_zps9eb099e0.jpg

wd016wdw201417791169311_zpsd9de9ac4.jpg

wd019wdw201417791169314_zpsbe79b391.jpg

wd068wdw201417791169314_7008963401_18_zpscadf4cbf.jpg

We walked back through the fantastic lobby and headed to our 6th floor room. We were on the side that faces the villa’s building, so unfortunately no “unofficial” view of Wishes, but it was not that big of a deal. The room was nice and we had a nice view. We had bell services bring up our bags and got everything unpacked and set up. While DW and DS rested I took the rental car back to be turned in at the Dolphin. I then took a bus to the MK and boat back to the Wilderness Lodge, which took me about 45 minutes to get back.

I was back by around 7:30 and as I was walking in from the boat dock it started pouring down rain, so we weren’t going to get to swim like we had planned, but a nice early bed time would be nice too! We were all a little hungry since Yak & Yeti wasn’t our favorite meal so I stopped and got us a Pepperoni Flatbread from Roaring Forks to split. It was actually really good and very fresh. We then split a s’more cupcake, which was really good as well. I took some room pictures at some point, although not very many since we were busy getting unpacked.

IMG_1241_zpsacffa009.jpg

IMG_1242_zps3557297e.jpg

IMG_1243_zps3756f244.jpg

Now, on to the title of this update: While I was getting us a snack at Roaring Forks I picked up a Rapid Fill Mug for DW and I. I paid for them and went to fill them up and let me just tell you, it takes the hand eye coordination of a ninja and some luck on top of that to get these things to fill up the first time. The filling system is anything but rapid. In the past multiple people could be filling cups at one time, but now only one person can fill a drink at a time so a line is almost always formed at the machines. Now, once you figure out how to use the machines it can go a little quicker, but it is still pretty slow. Almost every time I filled our mugs up I had to help someone else who seemed to be having trouble getting the machine to work. I have no problem helping others, but the machines are certainly making it difficult to get refills.

Ok, that about did it for our night. I think we laid DS down at around 8:30 and DW and I fell asleep shortly thereafter so we would be ready to go for a full day tomorrow.

Up Next: 7 Dwarves and 2 Princesses Can Draw Quite a Crowd

I'm skim reading on my phone. I'll have to do a real read later on. Interesting about the sound mix at FOTLK. I'm sensitive to that kind of stuff so it would bother me.

Quick trip to return the car. Nice. Too bad about the rain. Glad you guys decided to turn in early.

Interesting about the mugs.

Your Trip Report is awesome!!
and your family is fabulous!!!
I can't wait to read more...
Texasbelle

I'm skim reading on my phone. I'll have to do a real read later on. Interesting about the sound mix at FOTLK. I'm sensitive to that kind of stuff so it would bother me.

Quick trip to return the car. Nice. Too bad about the rain. Glad you guys decided to turn in early.

Interesting about the mugs.

Hopefully they got all of the stuff in the new building worked out. We were there the first week it opened so I'm sure they were still improving things.

Your Trip Report is awesome!!
and your family is fabulous!!!
I can't wait to read more...
Texasbelle

Thanks for reading. I'm back now after a busy couple of weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter