Escape Brides/Grooms...Let's talk!?!

DH & I are planning a VR for our 20th anniversary and finally got confirmation for April 2011. We're waiting for our contract for us to sign.

We've had a lot happen the past couple of years (medically speaking) and we're excited to be planning a vow renewal. This past July DH had to have his leg amputated (above the knee) due to vascular problems & diabetes. We've had a slight setback when DH fell last week and reopened the incision, but the doctors say it will heal but will take a few months; then he'll be fitted with a prosthetic.

Meanwhile, we are planning our VR. We had the "big" wedding already so this will be more of an informal & fun event. We decided on the Escape package as that would be best for us. I'm hoping that we'll be able to add the extra few guests IF everyone on our guest list decides to come. More than likely we'll have less than (or no more than) 20-18. We'll see.

Currently I'm looking at what to wear and think I've decided on a dress from David's Bridal.

P_6500_5_182481.jpg

This is the dress I'm thinking about. :) Although DH wants to do a Hawaiian-themed (complete with Hawaiian shirts & dress for me) for our "rewedding" (as I call our VR). So we'll see.

That is about it for now anyway.

Hello, I just found this website and was very interested. I am planning for an escape wedding on Oct. 12, 2011. It sucks that we can only book 8 months in advance and I am getting nervous I won't get my day. It will be our 4 year anniversary on that day, so that's why it's important to me... has anyone had problems getting the day they want? I have been e-mailing a wedding consultant and she said she has my info (day venue time etc) so she can just book it right when the 8 month mark comes up, but my MOH called and spoke to a wedding consultant that said we could reserve a spot 12 months in advance, but the wedding consultant I e-mailed said we couldn't do that..?? Also, I am very interested in hiring a provate photographer, I have looked at Randy Chapman's photos, because he was raved about on this forum and his work is amazing. Can you still hire your own photographer? SOrry for such a long message.. any help would be really appreciated!!!!!!

Hello, I just found this website and was very interested. I am planning for an escape wedding on Oct. 12, 2011. It sucks that we can only book 8 months in advance and I am getting nervous I won't get my day. It will be our 4 year anniversary on that day, so that's why it's important to me... has anyone had problems getting the day they want? I have been e-mailing a wedding consultant and she said she has my info (day venue time etc) so she can just book it right when the 8 month mark comes up, but my MOH called and spoke to a wedding consultant that said we could reserve a spot 12 months in advance, but the wedding consultant I e-mailed said we couldn't do that..?? Also, I am very interested in hiring a provate photographer, I have looked at Randy Chapman's photos, because he was raved about on this forum and his work is amazing. Can you still hire your own photographer? SOrry for such a long message.. any help would be really appreciated!!!!!!

If the date is the most important detail, I would suggest being open to the time and location. This way you have more options from which to pick.

Yes you can still use an outside photographer at your wedding location but not at a Theme Park photoshoot. On your Wedding Planning Kit (once you make your deposit), you just need to list them.

It is 8 months i'm sorry to say. Most brides do get their date though so try not to worry. Its always a good idea to have a back up idea though, be it a different time or location, so that if the worst does happen you can change straight to your other idea without worrying.

Yes you can hire Randy as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter