Escape Brides/Grooms...Let's talk!?!

puente0629

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Well, I haven't seen a chat just for Escape Brides...a thread where we can ask questions and see past and future Escape weddings. So let's talk about everyone's plans, budgets or anything else "Escape" you want to chat about.:thumbsup2

Here are my plans (so far)...;)

SBP/Attic/UK-AIW meet's Tim Burton Theme

Between 2 dresses:
maggiesoterromelissa.jpg

maggiesoterro.jpg

Centerpieces:
teapot-centerpiece.jpg

BM Dresses (maybe):
bridesmaiddress8.jpg

Chat it up boys and girls!!!!:cheer2:

Ooh I love the second dress. I had an escape wedding. Lots of info is in my PJ/TR. I'd be happy to answer questions best I can.

I love both of those dresses! Too hard to pick just one!

My escape wedding is coming up in about a month and 5 days! So I will have lots more to contribute after that!

Hi! I just want to say I think this thread is a GREAT idea!

When I was planning my Escape Wedding, I had to weed through lots of Wishes Brides threads that had ideas that didn't really pertain to me so good thinking Annie! If only I knew you when! :rotfl:

Anyway...

SBP/Jiko/Morocco that's me.

20 peeps. Those are the basics anyway, I hope I can help any new Escape brides out with their plans as I can, I have found great support and help here on this board when planning our special day...

:goodvibes

Hi! I just want to say I think this thread is a GREAT idea!

When I was planning my Escape Wedding, I had to weed through lots of Wishes Brides threads that had ideas that didn't really pertain to me so good thinking Annie! If only I knew you when! :rotfl:

Anyway...

SBP/Jiko/Morocco that's me.

20 peeps. Those are the basics anyway, I hope I can help any new Escape brides out with their plans as I can, I have found great support and help here on this board when planning our special day...

:goodvibes

THANKS!!!!:cool1: There is so much wishes info out there...that I thought maybe Escape brides/grooms need somewhere we can chat and get some info.:banana:

I'm hoping to see some budget of brides who are doing a small reception and dessert party after the ceremony? Also, do you need to do the post ceremony cake cutting or can you just do a toast and have the cake already at the reception venue? Can you provide Disney Florist with your own vases (i want my guest to be able to take the teapot centerpieces home)?

Thanks again!!!:thumbsup2

I have a question...

As Escape brides, how far in advance can we contact DFTW? We're planning for Feb 2011, would it be too soon to call now?

THANKS!!!!:cool1: There is so much wishes info out there...that I thought maybe Escape brides/grooms need somewhere we can chat and get some info.:banana:

I'm hoping to see some budget of brides who are doing a small reception and dessert party after the ceremony? Also, do you need to do the post ceremony cake cutting or can you just do a toast and have the cake already at the reception venue? Can you provide Disney Florist with your own vases (i want my guest to be able to take the teapot centerpieces home)?

Thanks again!!!:thumbsup2

I'll be getting my BEO this week so I'll post it then.

Yes you should be able to provide your own vases.

Yes you can cut the cake at the reception instead.

I have a question...

As Escape brides, how far in advance can we contact DFTW? We're planning for Feb 2011, would it be too soon to call now?

About 18 months before is when you can call.

Yay! We're about 17 months out so I'll call soon :) Thanks!

Sometimes depending on who you talk to Escape brides can be told to call back around their 12 month mark. As most things Disney it all depends on who you talk to.

Sometimes depending on who you talk to Escape brides can be told to call back around their 12 month mark. As most things Disney it all depends on who you talk to.

That's true, I rang at 18 months but that was when you could book at 12 months. Now that you can't book till 8 months they might say 12 months before is the first time to call.

Thanx for starting this thread :) I love the first dress, is gorgeous and the centrepieces are really cool :)

Subbing. Me and DF have been looking into an Escape wedding, not sure which location to go for. We want something small and intimate, I like the look of ST @ WL or SBP @ BW, he prefers SBP.

Has anyone done as EW at WL?

Escape Weddings :)

I have a question about the AP's that you get with the packages.

Does this apply to non US residents and if so, can we get the passes before the wedding?

Does this apply to non US residents and if so, can we get the passes before the wedding?

Yes all brides get APs, you get the vouchers when you sign your contract and pay your deposit.

We had our escape wedding at the pavillion but we were staying at the WL and did our 'first look' there & had photos. It is absolutely gorgeous there, we considered using the terrace there, then we thought about SBP and eventually went for the pavillion for two reasons - I've always been in love with the place but it wasnt in the budget to start with and I was scared of being waaaay too hot in September, so DH granted my wish :love:

I think both WL and SBP are also beautiful locations to get married :love:

Yes you can use the passes before the wedding, they will send you vouchers that you can exchange at the ticket booths in any park or dtd. They are valid for 1 year from the date you exchange them :thumbsup2

Thanx ladies, thats cool about the AP's one less thing to worry about when booking :)

Me and DF were discussing the wedding and guests. We are going to have a day at the weekend to really go over our options and get in touch with the Disney Wedding Planners. Is all v exciting :) :) :)

JoJo - I am really enjoying your Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR, can't wait to read about the wedding :)

I'm so glad you started this thread! YAY escape brides!!!!

But UGH!! is anyone else annoyed with the whole 8 months out thing?! its driving me crazy. Family and friends keep asking me about the wedding plans and DF and I get wierd looks when we try to explain that nothing is booked yet... most of these looks come from FDMIL.

Anyway our escape wedding will be (we're hoping) on 10/2/2010 @ SBP at either 10am or 12pm and we're hoping to have a reception meal at the attic after for all our guests. We have our colors picked out, i have my dress, and i know what i want for a bouquet. So i'm moving right along!

I can't wait to get to know all of you other escapers and i hope we can all help each other out!

I'm so glad you started this thread! YAY escape brides!!!!

But UGH!! is anyone else annoyed with the whole 8 months out thing?! its driving me crazy. Family and friends keep asking me about the wedding plans and DF and I get wierd looks when we try to explain that nothing is booked yet... most of these looks come from FDMIL.

Anyway our escape wedding will be (we're hoping) on 10/2/2010 @ SBP at either 10am or 12pm and we're hoping to have a reception meal at the attic after for all our guests. We have our colors picked out, i have my dress, and i know what i want for a bouquet. So i'm moving right along!

I can't wait to get to know all of you other escapers and i hope we can all help each other out!

I know what you mean...I have a long way to go but I wish we can book at the 12 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter