Escape Brides: getting your date?

SolarSailer

DVC Member since '94
How often do Escape brides get the date they want?

Are there any Escape brides out there who didn't get the date they wanted? If so what happened? Did you get the date you wanted if you switched the time? Or did you have to move it to a day(s) before/after?

Are you more likely to get the date you want if you reserve tentatively at 12 months out? I know it's not official at that point and you could still lose it, but I'm thinking would they at least call you or something so you'd know you had to pick a new date before it got to the 8 month mark?

I'm only asking because it worries me a little, I have family from Australia planning to be in FL for our wedding and they will need as much time as we can give them so they don't end up spending a ton on flights (and to make sure they get a flight!). I would hate to say it's X of July, they get flights, and then I find out I can't have that date :confused:

i called at the 12 month mark to get my date 'pencilled' in. stacey meacham told me that she would let me know if someone else wanted to get the same date.

the more flexible you are with the time of day and the location of your wedding, the better. that way, even if someone wants the exact time slot you want at the exact location you want on the exact day you want... if you don't win your lottery, you can (most likely) keep your date if you change time or locations.

I got engaged in September and called Disney in October for our June 9th date. We were able to get it and the time we wanted. I think it just depends on the day you are going for. I went for a weekday early in the AM so I doubt there were too many others wanting that day. Weekend days will go quicker.

i’m thinking for anyone the date issue is going to have a bit more to do with what is the date you are looking for? and time for that matter. are you looking for.. let’s say 12-12-12 and that’s a saturday (for arguments sake) and at 6pm? it is going to depend on where you want to be yes, but what is the time frame. we got married on a tuesday morning, we had no issues at all! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! :)

We're thinking about late June if possible, if not then early July. Not 100% sure on day/date/time but thinking WP for location, Tues/Weds/Thurs for the day and 10am or 12pm for the time. How popular are those days and times? Is June a popular month to get married at WDW?

I think June is popular since it's the summer and not as hot as July or August. But this doesn't mean it books faster than the other months...from what I've seen with DIS brides, there isn't really one particularly popular month. We were married in early June and didn't have a problem getting our date or time. As mentioned, they "pencil" you in at the 12 month mark which means if a Wishes bride decides they want that date before you can officially get it, they can take it. I would just recommend having a few dates in mind and I'm sure you'll be able to get at least one of them :goodvibes

You are asked to give 4 options when you are pencilled in - that way if you dont get your first choice they have a second, third etc to look at for you as well.

We are getting married at the Yatch Club Gazebo in August and got our first choice.

I've been wondering similar things, and also how they decide. When I made my 12mo call a few weeks ago I was disappointed to find out I couldn't book until 8 months out. I assume they give Wishes weddings priority for date and times since they're dropping more dough for the wedding then Escape brides, and that is why we have to wait to book our time to book. Can anyone confirm this?

I want to have my wedding at the Wedding Pavilion, and there are 4 different times available for the day we want, and I told her the times we prefer, but that we're flexible, namely, if we have to do the other times that'd be okay, and we could even do the next day if we needed to. I assume that as long as there aren't 4 Wishes weddings that want the same day and location that we will be able to get married that day at the Wedding Pavilion.

Someone above mentioned a lottery. Does this mean all Escape-ys (ha!) that are pencilled in for that date go into a drawing instead of first come, first serve? Just wondering since we were the first on the list, I thought that meant we only had to wait for the Wishes people!

Boston Disney Bride: thanks! I LOVE your pictures in your signature!

Weedee: thanks, I will have to check out your PJ, you both look gorgeous in your sig pics!

Pinkgirl: when you say 4 options, do you mean for example: June 12th 10am (option 1), 12pm (option 2) etc or do you mean separate days?

Gamberlane: yeah, from my understanding that's the (dare I say) real reason why they get to book 12 months out officially, because they're spending more money Disney would rather give them priority. Disney's website says it's because Escape weddings have much less to plan, you don't need to book so far out. Whilst that's true, it doesn't change the fact it's still a destination wedding and some people will need a lot of notice! Were your 4 options 4 different times on the same day?

Yes, I would like clarification on the 'lottery' too please :worship:

Pinkgirl: when you say 4 options, do you mean for example: June 12th 10am (option 1), 12pm (option 2) etc or do you mean separate days?

Yes, I would like clarification on the 'lottery' too please :worship:

By options - you could choose all four from the same day or you could want your ceremoney at 12noon and you will take any day they offer.

Regarding the lottery, as far as I understand there is no first come first served - if two or more Escape-ys wanted the same day and time they would all go into the lottery at the 8 month mark regardless of who requested it first - of course the date and time you want could have already gone between 12 and 8 months if a Wishes bride wanted it.

I was married at Disney almost 14 years ago and I'm planning an Escape VR at Canada Terrace. If there are multiple brides that want your date, place and time there is a lottery. For my VR I called right after the 12 month mark. I told them to look for an empty day and just picked one. We are doing our VR on a Monday in October, which is Disney's busiest month for weddings and there was no problem getting the date. I hope that helps!

We only booked our Escape wedding about 4 months out. We gave them a 2 week period at the end of June that we wanted to get married and told them we wanted SBP. Literally every day was available including weekends. We went back and forth between Friday and Saturday but ultimately chose the Friday because there were no openings for the Mk/Epcot shoot on Sat. Perhaps we were just lucky, but it seems with so many time slots available each day it isn't that hard to get in.

We called at the 12 month mark to be penciled in. The important thing for us was the location and not the time. We we're able to get secure the last time available at the WP for the day we wanted at the 8th month mark.

The harder thing to secure seems to be the photo upgrades. Again though we lucked out. We called last week and there was only one day left for the park photo session during the two weeks we'll be on property and it just so happened to be the day the after the ceremony!:yay::yay::yay:

I called on the 12 month mark but I didn't officially give them my date until the 8th month mark. We were married in January on a Tuesday at 2pm. I wanted the latest time slot. As long as your flexible of maybe having it before the day or after the day you wanted you should be fine. I wouldn't stress to much about it, im sure you will be fine. I actually called a day early to book the wedding. I was suppose to call on the 4th of May and I called on the 3rd :rotfl:

We originally were just going to Orlando for a holiday for 2 weeks and booked it around May 2011, it was not until November we decided while we were there we should also get married.
I contacted Disney in the same week of deciding and requested a date and time in June 2012, considering we already booked the holiday we were limited on dates to get married on and got exactly what we wanted :)

I think we were very very lucky!!! :thumbsup2 xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter