Error trying to use Genie (the free version)

mickey916

DIS Veteran
I know I saw others with this issue but never saw a resolution and can't find it now. I'm trying to put some choices into the free Genie portion for my upcoming trips in April and May. I was able to plan my first day in April and my first day in May with the Genie. However, when I go to the second days for both trips, it tells me we don't have park reservations, even though it shows the reservations in My plans. It won't let me go any further to plan my days since it doesn't recognize my park reservations...any ideas how to fix this?

Its an IT glitch nothing you can fix. Your park reservations are fine. Many including myself have had the same issue. I will say however that if you switch parks on your tip board for any date in your ticket range youll still see times and suggestions, they just aren't marketed to your interests. I'm guessing that once your actual ticket window/ reservations open you'll be able to quickly personalize it with your choices. I think part of it is that it is honestly an app for fine tuning crowd control and until you are in the park on that day and they know what they want to want to direct people to based on availability, you're not going to get acurate suggestions. I have already heard people (using it in park with listed preferneces) say that it suggests things not included within your personal interests because it is what is available and they are trying to spread crowds out.

After you select the day on the calendar, make sure you scroll down far enough to select the park. Even though you already have a park reserved, Genie doesn't automatically default to it
If you have a package reservation and you select the reservation date your ticket is linked to in the app, it does default (for many users) to the park you are reserved for and shows you your park banner. You just can't pick personal preferenes for any park after your first day. The button to right of "View My Map" under your park banner for that day that should say "Edit My Top Picks" is not there. It will not allow you to personalize or edit. I imagine it will eventually open up but it does not currently. Many people who are trying to use Genie as a planning tool are reporting this same issue.

Thank you for all your answers! I'm planning on using the Lines app anyhow, so I was just playing around with it. I did want to at least put in my restaurant choices thinking when my ADRs open up it will be easier but as people have mentioned, I can't do that for any days but day 1 of each trip...I did notice too that it is giving me a date 63 days in advance of my resort stay instead of 60 for my ADRs...probably another glitch...time will tell,

When I try to use genie on the app and put in the date of my on-site trip, it prompts me to choose my party but says guest does not have an eligible ticket or pass.

When I try to use genie on the app and put in the date of my on-site trip, it prompts me to choose my party but says guest does not have an eligible ticket or pass.
Sounds like their tickets aren't linked. I would click on them and make sure they are linked. It may also mean they don't have a park reservation if their ticket is linked but you can't add them. All members of you party have to have a linked ticket and a park reservation.

Sounds like their tickets aren't linked. I would click on them and make sure they are linked. It may also mean they don't have a park reservation if their ticket is linked but you can't add them. All members of you party have to have a linked ticket and a park reservation.
It is for me and my son. We have annual passes that are activated and park Reservations that show in the app and under my plans. we are staying onsite.

Sorry you are having an issue with the app. For what its worth it sounds like the people who have been using the fee version of Genie say its nothing short of a dumpster fire. It ignores everything you tell it you are interested in and sends you to eat or an area of the park that not many people care to visit.

I just would like it to work so I know everything is correct In case we decide to use genie+. My daughter has a trip a few weeks later and it is working for her. I wonder if it is an annual pass thing. One of her group has a multi day pass.

It ended up being operator error :) I went to the website to try and I was able to use it to “plan” my day for all but the first day of our trip. Checked the blackout days for our pass and we are blocked for that day. At least I know it works now and I will plan a day at Disney Springs and the hotel.

The 63 days thing is new... I'd definitely take that and run with it! Thank you for the extra days, nothing to see here... lol :rolleyes1
There’s a discussion about that on the Dining Reservations sub forum, and unfortunately someone already reported that they were on the day Genie said was their ADR day, but when they clicked it and were brought to the normal ADR booking window, they couldn’t book beyond 60 days from the day they were on. I’m sure we’re all surprised to find out that even though the ADR system knows how to calculate 60+ length of stay, Genie doesn’t. :sad2:

Sorry you are having an issue with the app. For what its worth it sounds like the people who have been using the fee version of Genie say its nothing short of a dumpster fire. It ignores everything you tell it you are interested in and sends you to eat or an area of the park that not many people care to visit.
I am very interested to find out how the food is at Dapper Dans.

There’s a discussion about that on the Dining Reservations sub forum, and unfortunately someone already reported that they were on the day Genie said was their ADR day, but when they clicked it and were brought to the normal ADR booking window, they couldn’t book beyond 60 days from the day they were on. I’m sure we’re all surprised to find out that even though the ADR system knows how to calculate 60+ length of stay, Genie doesn’t. :sad2:
So, if you do make ADRs, does G or G+, ILL$ know to not give you times during them?

So, if you do make ADRs, does G or G+, ILL$ know to not give you times during them?
I've seen vloggers who say no it doesn't prevent you from scheduling G+ or ILL$ during your ADRs times...seems odd but people have been able to schedule all three at the same time slot. Probably a glitch they'll fix???

Same for me except for on day 1 of each trip.

That‘s what I’m getting too.

I can see that all of our tickets and park reservations are listed under Future Plans and are properly linked. For day 1 I can list favorites for our park and a second with hopping. But for day 2 I click on the day and it shows that that everyone in the group is ineligible and needs a valid ticket and park reservation.

On one screen it shows the four people in the group with green check marks but all four of us also show under “ineligible guests”. When I click continue it says everyone is ineligible.

I really don’t need the free Genie, but I hope this doesn’t create problems when we try to buy Genie+ and make LL reservations.

That‘s what I’m getting too.

I can see that all of our tickets and park reservations are listed under Future Plans and are properly linked. For day 1 I can list favorites for our park and a second with hopping. But for day 2 I click on the day and it shows that that everyone in the group is ineligible and needs a valid ticket and park reservation.

On one screen it shows the four people in the group with green check marks but all four of us also show under “ineligible guests”. When I click continue it says everyone is ineligible.

I really don’t need the free Genie, but I hope this doesn’t create problems when we try to buy Genie+ and make LL reservations.
That's exactly what's happening to me. I just assume (hope) it gets better as we get closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter