Error in waitlist coming through...

nikerbokers

MamaDisney
Hi there! Hoping someone can let me know if they have gone through this as well and what happens.

I want to start off by saying I will be the first to admit if I made a mistake and would never/will never try to pull a fast one on DVC. I've only had wonderful experiences on my trips and with CMs.

I own at VGC and I booked a studio room at 11 months for 2 nights in June. Around the 8 month mark, I waitlisted a 1 bedroom there. About 4 weeks ago, I decided to cancel my waitlist for the 1 bedroom and just keep the studio room that was already confirmed. A week after (4/17 per my email), I even called DVC and added two people to my reservation at the studio room. I went on my dashboard last week (I like to log on every few days to see how many days out, get excited, etc) and I had just my studio room on my dashboard. No waitlist for anything.

So today I go to my mailbox and I have a letter (snail mail) from DVC and it's the letter form of the email you get when you book your reservation. Weird is that it is for the 1 bedroom that I canceled a month prior. And it borrowed points from the following year (one reason I canceled in the first place). The two people I added to the STUDIO are now on the 1 bedroom too. So odd. No email was ever sent, just this letter. I got my mail 30 mins after MS closed so I have to wait until the morning.

I am just worried because I am sure they don't have a studio waiting for me and I don't want the extra points being borrowed. Am I going into a losing battle? What can I do to get this back to a studio and the extra points given back?

If you've read this far... thank you! And thank you to any that can share their experiences like this.

The snail mail is weird. I didn't think they did that anymore.

Could be a system glitch or could be a strange case where it matched but hadn't been finalized until recently. A year or two ago when waitlists would drop off your dashboard once they matched I waited almost 3 weeks for one to be finalized. Finally gave up and called to have it done. I have no idea how much longer it would have sat there waiting to be taken care of. After the update where they combined the RAT and booking engine you can't tell of its matched anymore though.

No matter what the cause I'd have to say that unfortunately you are probably stuck with the 1 BR. I'd guess you might get them to cancel and return banks points if you wanted to skip the trip but I'm sure the studio is gone. I don't know of they still can do a priority waitlist to bump you up to the top and maybe they'd make an exception and return the borrowed points if that matched.

Unfortunately the waitlist is not a perfect process and things do happen. It sounds like you've gotten caught by one of those "things". Good luck with trying to get something figured out but I'd be prepared to have the 1BR.

I also think you are stuck, unfortunately. I would call and ask for a supervisor. They can probably look into your account and see exactly what happened.

I think the waitlist filled before you cancelled it, but it was just glitchy and you weren’t notified promptly.

Thank you for the input. I called this morning. They told me "I didn't fully cancel"... which I don't know how that's possible since I have logged on multiple times since then and only had the studio booked. They did put me back on the waitlist for the studio (doubtful I will get it considering we are 34 days out) and if I get it, they will refund my borrowed points back to my 2020 UY. I wasn't really happy with that but without physical proof that I canceled, I didn't have much to stand on. I guess there are worse things to happen so I told them I guess from now on I will screenshot and record everything I do on the website to ensure any errors on their part are fixed.

Oh and they tried to tell me also that I got a letter because they don't email confirmations for Disneyland. I told the rep that was incorrect because I have a folder full of DVC emails about my VGC stays. Just interesting...

Oh and they tried to tell me also that I got a letter because they don't email confirmations for Disneyland. I told the rep that was incorrect because I have a folder full of DVC emails about my VGC stays. Just interesting...

Well that's an interesting CM you got! Didn't fully cancel? Considering that you hit the cancel button and then confirm I don't know what they think they were saying with that. And yes, the email comment is just wrong.

I am guessing that it was the getting caught in the middle where it had matched but wasn't confirmed. Usually when you call in a CM will see that you have a match but I've found that not all do. It's unfortunate that when you called to add the couple of people that the CM on that call didn't see and ask you about it. Other than it being that situation I don't know how it could have happened. The plus is that the 1BR's are very nice there!

Yes! Instead of pouting about it like I did the first half hour after the call, I am just going to look forward to the 1 bedroom experience there. I've only had studios in my stays there so it will be a new experience and who couldn't use an extra bathroom with 4 females?

Sounds like you’ll be needing that extra bathroom! Enjoy the extra space and the extra bathroom! It’ll make the trip more enjoyable for everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter