Erica Leaving Dis Unlimited

So do they rotate through characters and parks or usually work the same one?
I believe character performers usually have a few characters they do. Different characters have different physical requirements. For example, Erica would never be a friend of Goofy because she's too short. Also, I believe characters in parades and shows are an entirely different crew than the ones doing meet and greets. Probably a union thing.

She mentioned character meals , so I presumed she would be a character in a restaurant.
Years ago we were having lunch at Crystal Palace. I was wearing a DISBoards badge. Pooh came to our table, got all excited when he saw my badge, pointed to it and pointed to himself to indicate that he was a DISBoards member too. A short time later, a young woman came to our table and introduced herself as a friend of Pooh and a fellow DISBoards member. We saw her almost every trip after that for several years.

Best wishes to Erica!! I have really enjoyed her dining reviews with Ryno and Craig, and hope she enjoys her wonderful new opportunities!

Awwww, that’s wonderful news for Erica - so happy she has been able to take on that role again! Well done and I hope it brings you much happiness - most aren’t able to do a job that brings that!

However I will miss her on the show 😢 I think she fit in well with Craig and Ryno over the summer and into autumn. They have such a great chemistry and seem to have fun doing the dining reviews and stuff in the parks.
Erica, all the best for the future and it would be great if you could come back and say hi 👋 once in a while x x x

Strange no one has mentioned this yet.

Starts at 1. 08.49

She wrote a note on her phone and read it out.

I do have some news and this news might make some of you sad or happy or maybe a mix of both.
My journey with this team is coming to an end at the end of November.
I have accepted a full time performing role at Walt Disney World.
Many of you know that performing is one of my biggest passions.
The pandemic really hurt my performing career and last year I started the process of entering myself back into autitions.
And I finally got a YES and it was a YES I couldnt say no to.
I appreciate all the time I've had here and everyone Ive met in the parks during my journey.
But most importantly I'm very thankful for the friendships I've gained while working here.
Thanks my announcement.
I'll miss you guys but its time to reach out and find my happily ever after.

Both sad and happy to hear this, The show really needs a boost right now, hate losing a solid part of it, but at the same time I entirely understand chasing the dream.

D

Years ago we were having lunch at Crystal Palace. I was wearing a DISBoards badge. Pooh came to our table, got all excited when he saw my badge, pointed to it and pointed to himself to indicate that he was a DISBoards member too. A short time later, a young woman came to our table and introduced herself as a friend of Pooh and a fellow DISBoards member. We saw her almost every trip after that for several years.
And I'll bet that when Pooh's 'friend' was at your table visiting with you, Pooh was mysteriously gone.

And I'll bet that when Pooh's 'friend' was at your table visiting with you, Pooh was mysteriously gone.
Maybe, although I believe they do fairly short shifts and switch off so it's possible Pooh was still onstage. I can't say for sure.

Congrats to Erica!!! At same time super sad shes going. So many have left esp the cool funny witty women😫

I believe character performers usually have a few characters they do. Different characters have different physical requirements. For example, Erica would never be a friend of Goofy because she's too short. Also, I believe characters in parades and shows are an entirely different crew than the ones doing meet and greets. Probably a union thing.
I wanted to circle back to this comment I made. On a recent show Ryno did he was talking to his friend Jill who used to be a character performer. Apparently the system has changed and any of them can train to do parades. I still wasn’t clear if that’s a separate division or if they can be both a meet and greet character and a parade character or if it’s one or the other.

I wanted to circle back to this comment I made. On a recent show Ryno did he was talking to his friend Jill who used to be a character performer. Apparently the system has changed and any of them can train to do parades. I still wasn’t clear if that’s a separate division or if they can be both a meet and greet character and a parade character or if it’s one or the other.
This is correct because they are not equity performers. A lot of the parade performers do "fur" when not in the parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter