Eric and Amanda's Wedding TR Italy/WP/Cons. Station SLIDESHOW POSTED PG13

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
Ok here we go!! I want to focus mostly on the wedding so the days surrounding it might be on the shorter side. Plus it feels like as usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.

Day 1-
Most of you probably know that the night before we were scheduled to leave a HUGE snow storm hit our area...some called it a Snowicane. If you are from anywhere in the Northeast you will also know how CRAZY this is. There is no such thing as a Snowicane...we live in Upstate NY and we got snow. Period. End of Story. This happens every winter and our lives don't just shut down. I wasn't worried about the snow at all.

What I should have been worried about is Eric's work. Eric works nights and gets out at 7:15 a.m. every morning. The plan was for him to get out of work, run home and we'd leave straight for the airport.

At 7:00 I get a call...I almost had to stay at work. I asked what does ALMOST mean? Well the people that needed to show up for work weren't there. There was one co-worked that so greatfully offered to stay so he coul leave. But there was still one woman missing. He had previously asked his other co-worker that if this situation happend would she be willing to stay so he didn't miss his flight. Not only did she tell him NO, but she ended up calling in "sick" to work, claiming the snow was too bad (again, it wasn't). They finally let him go at 7:30 when they heard the second co-worker was on her way. We ended up leaving later than anticipated but arriving with plenty of time.

We got through security fairly quickly and grabbed some breakfast. For those wondering, my dress did fit in a normal carry-on and I had it with me at ALL times!! Here is Eric keeping him self occupied until take-off.
ry%3D400

The flight was very uneventful and soon we arrived at AKL!! This was the beginning of many run in's with some odd folks. The valet that helped was...just a little off. I really can't explain it. But I couldn't help but to giggle when he called Eric Mr. Amanda's Maiden name! Soon we were checked in and off to our room. We had booke a Value Studio but ended up with a great pool view room!! Eric hadn't slept much so he was ready for a nap!
ry%3D400

We ended up rearranging our plans, skipping Teppan Edo and heading to ESPN for dinner. The food was fab...but the waitress? A little off...The first thing she said after we were seated was this....

"So the boy I am totally in love with that works here just showed up with his friends and seated himself my section and he knows I'm in love with him because I told him" (yes it was one long sentance). She took our appetizer order (Nachos!) and drinks (milkshakes!) but forgot to take our dinner order. Dinner really just got stranger from there...

We wandered around EPCOT a bit before heading back to the room. Next up, DHS and ESPN THE WEEKEND!

Ok here we go!! I want to focus mostly on the wedding so the days surrounding it might be on the shorter side. Plus it feels like as usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.

Day 1-
Most of you probably know that the night before we were scheduled to leave a HUGE snow storm hit our area...some called it a Snowicane. If you are from anywhere in the Northeast you will also know how CRAZY this is. There is no such thing as a Snowicane...we live in Upstate NY and we got snow. Period. End of Story. This happens every winter and our lives don't just shut down. I wasn't worried about the snow at all.

What I should have been worried about is Eric's work. Eric works nights and gets out at 7:15 a.m. every morning. The plan was for him to get out of work, run home and we'd leave straight for the airport.

At 7:00 I get a call...I almost had to stay at work. I asked what does ALMOST mean? Well the people that needed to show up for work weren't there. There was one co-worked that so greatfully offered to stay so he coul leave. But there was still one woman missing. He had previously asked his other co-worker that if this situation happend would she be willing to stay so he didn't miss his flight. Not only did she tell him NO, but she ended up calling in "sick" to work, claiming the snow was too bad (again, it wasn't). They finally let him go at 7:30 when they heard the second co-worker was on her way. We ended up leaving later than anticipated but arriving with plenty of time.

We got through security fairly quickly and grabbed some breakfast. For those wondering, my dress did fit in a normal carry-on and I had it with me at ALL times!! Here is Eric keeping him self occupied until take-off.
ry%3D400

The flight was very uneventful and soon we arrived at AKL!! This was the beginning of many run in's with some odd folks. The valet that helped was...just a little off. I really can't explain it. But I couldn't help but to giggle when he called Eric Mr. Amanda's Maiden name! Soon we were checked in and off to our room. We had booke a Value Studio but ended up with a great pool view room!! Eric hadn't slept much so he was ready for a nap!
ry%3D400

We ended up rearranging our plans, skipping Teppan Edo and heading to ESPN for dinner. The food was fab...but the waitress? A little off...The first thing she said after we were seated was this....

"So the boy I am totally in love with that works here just showed up with his friends and seated himself my section and he knows I'm in love with him because I told him" (yes it was one long sentance). She took our appetizer order (Nachos!) and drinks (milkshakes!) but forgot to take our dinner order. Dinner really just got stranger from there...

We wandered around EPCOT a bit before heading back to the room. Next up, DHS and ESPN THE WEEKEND!

So did Eric get to take a nice, long nap that day? I would hate to work an overnight shift!

Did you have any flight delays at all? You really had good luck on your side during the "snowicane!"

What a weird waitress!

Lol I knew you would be the first to reply!

He opted not to take a nap so he could get on some kind of "regular" sleep schedule for the trip. By the time we got back to AKL we were both WIPED out!!!

No delays for us at all!! Nor anyone in our families!

Ok Day #2....severely lacking in pictures and I will explain why in a minute!

Saturday started off with waking up rather early and heading to Mara for breakfast. After grabbing a quick bite to eat we headed over to DHS for ESPN The Weekend.

For me, it was a rather boring day...for Eric it was a blast!! I have pictures, but really there is just about 200 pictures of Eric doing sports stuff or celebrities that I have no idea who they are!

We spent about 3 hours in the rain at the main Stage, located in front of the Sorcerer's Hat watching a bunch of sports stars (Curt Schilling and Bernie Williams to name a few). We absolutely FROZE our butts off!! Sometime in the afternoon we headed back to relax at AKL before our evening.

Saturday night we ended up going to the MK and having dinner at Liberty Tree. It was not my favorite, but it was ok. Eric on the other hand LOVED it! While at the MK we got a call from Eric's parents who just arrived.

Mini Off-Property VENT!
Eric's whole family decided to stay off-property due to the cost. When his parents arrived on Saturday they checked in only to be told there Park Hoppers were locked up and they couldn't get them until 7 a.m... they were going to be heading to AKL to have breakfast with us at 7:30 a.m.

Do you think they were ready at 7:00 a.m.?? Day #3 up next!!

The only two non-sports picture from Saturday:
ry%3D400

We were freezing and exhausted by this point!
ry%3D400

Yeah!!! I can't wait to read more. Nice pic of Eric with the wig. :laughing:

Sounds fun so far! Can't wait to read more!

Last we talked to Eric's parents they were planning on picking up their tickets promptly at 7:00 a.m. and then heading to AKL (they had no clue how to get here). It turns out at 7 the tickets were still locked up. Luckily at 7:30 a.m. they were able to grab their tickets and get on the road. We were 30 minutes late to our Boma ADR and in NO way making open for AK.

Breakfast was great as usual and we were soon on our way. Eric's parents were pretty great about everything. They let us lead the way and just enjoyed everything as it came. We were just discussing Divine and hoping we would run into her...and voila!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Eric's parents really enjoyed AK, their favorite thing being Nemo the Musical!!! His dad just LOVED this!!!

As many times as we have been to the parks, I still like to look for new things. I had always seen these before, but didn't really know what they were:
ry%3D400

These are prayer flags, often hung in the mountains of the Himalayas! I saw something posted near Everest about it, but didn't get to take a picture. Here is something I just googled about them:

Prayer Flags are inscribed with auspicious symbols, invocations, prayers, and mantras. Tibetan Buddhists for centuries have planted these flags outside their homes and places of spiritual practice for the wind to carry the beneficent vibrations across the countryside. Prayer flags are said to bring happiness, long life and prosperity to the flag planter and those in the vicinity.

My brother ended up getting into the are early so after checking in to the BWV, he met up with us. The three of us headed to dinner at Wolfgang Pucks and then hung at the resort. It was really great to have my brother there, and early no less!

I just posted on the other side..but this one has more info!

Why were their tickets locked up?

The whole Everest set up is so good. I love to look at all the bells, flags, etc while waiting. Probably one of the best waits in WDW.

Yay, found my way over. Great start looking forward to more :thumbsup2

So glad you've started a TR---can't wait to hear all about it, especially the wedding! The few pictures that got posted were great. You looked beautiful!

Love that you got to see "DiVine". One time DH and DD#2 ran to get FPs for EE, and they saw here. I was so mad that I missed her! :headache:

AK is DH's favorite park and I love it too. There is sooo much there to look at; we never get tierd of it.

Sorry there was a ticket situation, but at least it looks like it didn't cause any major hassles!

I just posted on the other side..but this one has more info!

Why were their tickets locked up?

The whole Everest set up is so good. I love to look at all the bells, flags, etc while waiting. Probably one of the best waits in WDW.

Their tickets were locked up because they apparently bought them in conjuction with their hotel and for some reason they keep them locked up. What a fiasco!

Yay, found my way over. Great start looking forward to more :thumbsup2
Yay!! :thumbsup2

So glad you've started a TR---can't wait to hear all about it, especially the wedding! The few pictures that got posted were great. You looked beautiful!

Love that you got to see "DiVine". One time DH and DD#2 ran to get FPs for EE, and they saw here. I was so mad that I missed her! :headache:

Thank you! I'm really excited for more pictures from Roots!!

And I love DiVine! I was so excited his parents got to see her!

So excited that you started your TR! I can't wait to see more pics from the Roots too!

That stinks that the tickets were locked up but at least it all worked out in the end. I love the Nemo musical!

Looking forward to hearing more.

I am so excited that you started your TR and that you have agreed to start at TR.

I'm glad everything worked out well with the weather and friends and family had no troubles at all.

AK is one of my fav. parks!:lovestruc

popcorn::

Came over now to catch up on your TR popcorn:: looking forward to reading all about it and seeing your pics :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter