EPCOT's Japan Pavilion - Pick A Pearl review - Highly recommended!

I heard that if you get a really big pearl, they might offer you $150 for it and you can pick another one. Someone on a disney fb page shared her experience and this is what happened when she picked one. Really excited to do this with my mom and sister! :)

Wow... this I had not heard!

i've never done this, for the simple reason i'm not in Japan very long. hubby and I tend to stray to Italy and then seem to get stuck, after the processco and canollis. but i think this year we may try and do pick a pearl and at $17 thats not bad, its even better for us coming from the UK because that's so cheap to us.

i love food and wine festival in general and we can't wait to visit in October, its going to be so much fun

They last too!

I have worn mine daily since October and it looks as good as it did day 1. I will say though the chain I bought there did not last more than a month and looked cheap. I spent $50 for a chain from Tiffany's and it makes the whole piece look more upscale. I love my necklace. Everyone should try pick a pearl!

This has a white gold mount and a sterling silver chain.

2gv3q6f.jpg

Like everyone’s said, the cost ($17 w/tax) isn’t bad at all, and if you’ve seen the video from the OP (I’ll relink it below) – It’s a lot of fun to watch and be a part of!

Here’s the link again showing the video from when we did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fsil35CZfI

Thanks for posting this! I have three DDs we are taking to WDW in December and we're going to let them each pick a pearl as one of their Christmas presents. Two of our girls are also June babies and the pearl is their birthstone. What a great souvenir for them!

They last too! I have worn mine daily since October and it looks as good as it did day 1. I will say though the chain I bought there did not last more than a month and looked cheap. I spent $50 for a chain from Tiffany's and it makes the whole piece look more upscale. I love my necklace. Everyone should try pick a pearl! This has a white gold mount and a sterling silver chain.

I have one from when I was 13. Had it professionally mounted and set w a small diamond. I love it to pieces and they do hold up very well. I got one last October, but couldn't decide on what setting to do with it and now I have a pearl but nothing else. :(

I have one from when I was 13. Had it professionally mounted and set w a small diamond. I love it to pieces and they do hold up very well. I got one last October, but couldn't decide on what setting to do with it and now I have a pearl but nothing else. :(

A lot of people have bought cages and such off ebay/etsy/misc stores. We're still trying to figure out what what wife wants to do with hers.

On one of the Facebook Groups - someone mentioned that certain sizes/colors might have offers to purchase them back? Anyone have this happen?

Anyone who's never done this get a chance to do this after this post?? just curious...

We just did this on 9/22. Picked two oysters (none looked overly craggy so I went with ones I felt drawn to). One held a 7.5mm white pearl, the other 6.25mm twin gold pearls :-). They had a nice range of settings, some really affordable, others less so. I picked a simple pendant setting for the single pearl (for myself) and a pair of drop earrings for the twins, for my wife, as we were celebrating our first anniversary. We both prefer sterling silver to gold, so neither setting cost over $25.

Im curious how much was the white gold mounting? Silver too? I thought someone had said they didnt do silver mountings?

Im curious how much was the white gold mounting? Silver too? I thought someone had said they didnt do silver mountings?

Honestly, I didn't even look at the gold/white gold settings. I'm not even entirely sure they have white gold, I only recall seeing 14k yellow gold, but didn't look at prices as I wasn't interested.

The sterling settings I looked at were in the $20-50 range, for pendants (no chain included) and earring settings. I didn't look at any of the rings as I wasn't interested in getting one.

Honestly, I didn't even look at the gold/white gold settings. I'm not even entirely sure they have white gold, I only recall seeing 14k yellow gold, but didn't look at prices as I wasn't interested. The sterling settings I looked at were in the $20-50 range, for pendants (no chain included) and earring settings. I didn't look at any of the rings as I wasn't interested in getting one.
thank you :) I'm not a gold fan so I am happy they have silver!

This has made up my mind, we are definitely letting my DD pick a pearl in December! Thank you for all of the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter