Epcot with a 3 year old and a 16 month old

sirputtsalot

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me some suggestions or previous experience on going through Future World with a 3 year old and a 16 month old? I am concerned that between Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Food Rocks, Universe of Energy, Journey into Imagination with Figment, and Cranium Command, it may be too much sitting still for the 16 month old. I also may be fooling myself into thinking the 3 year old will enjoy all those things.

Thanks in advance

I was surprised, but in September we took our daughter to Epcot she was 22 months old and she loved it. Her favorites were Figment, Innoventions water fountain, food rocks inside the Land Pavillion, Rio Del Tempo in Mexico and the kidcot stations throughout epcot. She loved the fish at the Living Seas and they also had a craft table set up which was fun. She also like running around the Wonders of Life Pavillion. If Maelstrom in Norway was open, I'm positive she would have loved that too. We didn't make it to Spaceship Earth but she really enjoyed Future World.

Our DD#1 was 2 and DD#2 was 8 months old on our last visit. They were fascinated by the fish in Living Seas, the fountains in Imagination & the ImageWorks area. Actually every fountain in every park was a hit. Just keep some shoes you don't mind getting wet handy, and a ziploc for after play time.

My ds who is now 2 1/2 loves epcot!

Our first trip he was only 7mos and even at that age, he loved things like Spaceship Earth. He really liked the twinkling lights & music and now that he's older he likes the moving dolls too.

There are so many different things throughout all of Epcot that both your children will enjoy at their ages. I wouldn't worry. We have also encountered lots of characters walking around in the world showcase - another thing that was fun for the little ones.

Just have fun and let your children be your guide. They'll let you know if and when they have had enough. I wouldn't worry as much about your younger one sitting too much or your older one being entertained enough as I would about making sure that they both get in a decent nap. Either in the stroller or going back to your hotel. For us, that seems to be what will make or break our day -- enough sleep for them to enjoy their day as much as you will.

Hope this was of some help. Enjoy!
:D

We took our 3 yo and 15 month old to Epcot recently. Our 3 yo loved Spaceship Earth and the Imagination ride. Both kids loved the jumping water fountains too. We didn't have time to do anything else, but I'm sure they would have loved the Living Seas.

They will not just be "sitting around." There are plenty of walking opportunities that when they do get to sit, it will probably be a welcome opportunity.

We were there in Nov. with our 2yo and are going back early Feb. when she will be nearing 2 1/2 - she had a great time in FW. She really enjoyed the Imagination pavilion with Figment and the Lab area after the ride. I was surprised at how much she liked the boat ride in The Land - she would point out all the veggies she knew and named them and asked what all the others were. The Living Seas she enjoyed looking in the aquarium. Spaceship Earth was a little frightining for her at first b/c of the darkness, but then she really enjoyed it and talked about the people she saw. We started to go into Universe of Energy, but they warned it was scary for little ones we decided not to try it. I do think the dinosaurs would have been scary for DD. We never made it over to Wonders of Life (on the list for our Feb. trip). She also enjoyed playing on the computers in Innoventions. Another big hit in FW was at night when you could see all the lights in the sidewalk lit up, she played around them for a long time! :)

Enjoy!
Gi

hi - we've been taking the kids since they were toddlers - and when my son was 17mos old & my daughter was 3 years old they loved epcot - though there was future world - we spent a lot of time in world showcase and they loved it - we took them to see the performances - both musical (off kilter was great both loved dancing to it) and acting (my son didn't understand some of the shows like "king arthur & the holy grail" but loved being part of the audience who got to participate) - germany's show was good - the ride in mexico - there's so much to do with them - just take it easy with trying to do too much & they'll enjoy it

ps - we also let them take naps there - we just got a glass of wine or a beer and hid in a corner (canada has a great garden) and we got to relax together while the kids slept - and we didn't have to waste any time going back to the room

Well my comments are different than the other posters. My sil and I took our toddlers (13 month old dd and 16 month old nephew) to WDW in NOv and it wasn't a very great experience (the Epcot part). I didn't realize that you can't take a stroller into any of the pavillions so my 13 month old would not stay in my arms. She wanted to get down and run (she was also a new walker at the time). So it wasn't as enjoyable, we only tired one pavillion (health and body) and after chasing the little ones around for 60 minutes we decided we were too beat to even go to the other pavillions in future world. Living Sea's would have been a good choice probably though.
Over all we wished that we had gone to MGM rather than Epcot (it was a short trip so we only visited two parks in the 5 days that we were there). MGM has more kid interesting stuff. But don't get me wrong, Epcot is my favorite park! I just don't think it was a great choice for young toddlers.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter