Epcot vs Hollywood Studios for 5th Day for a soloist

Amore Disney

Mouseketeer
I will have one more day than the rest of my party. I'm thinking about revisiting either Epcot vs HS for that day. Earlier in the week, my group is dedicating a full day each to the 4 different parks, and also going to MNSSHP in the middle.

Unsure if this matters, but this extra day falls on a MNSSHP day, so Epcot and Hollywood studios might be a little more crowded. And no hoppers. I love Hollywood Studios and Epcot pretty equally, so I'm not sure which to pick! Any recommendations?

I'd go with Epcot, but it's purely a matter of taste. There are no wrong answers here!;)

Really depends on what you are looking for. Without more information about what you want, it's tough to make a recommendation.

We've done every attraction many times and dined everywhere at least once. There's something relaxing about strolling around the World Showcase, snacking, drinking, and people watching.

But Baseline Taphouse is our favorite watering hole, and we sometimes have spent hours there.

If you haven't experienced Cosmic Rewind, then there's something to be said for trying that one more time. Conversely, I think RotR is the best attraction anywhere.

It truly depends on what you want.

Really depends on what you are looking for. Without more information about what you want, it's tough to make a recommendation.

We've done every attraction many times and dined everywhere at least once. There's something relaxing about strolling around the World Showcase, snacking, drinking, and people watching.

But Baseline Taphouse is our favorite watering hole, and we sometimes have spent hours there.

If you haven't experienced Cosmic Rewind, then there's something to be said for trying that one more time. Conversely, I think RotR is the best attraction anywhere.

It truly depends on what you want.
I am typically a rides person, but I anticipate getting most of my list done in each if the full park days. Of course, I can't wait to try booths for Food & Wine and am looking forward to riding Cosmic Rewind! RotR is also one of my favorites, as is MMRR.

If it weren't for reservations, I would just go with however I'm feeling that morning.

Very different parks and it really depends on your priority and favorites.
For me, Epcot is my second favorite park and Hollywood Studios is my least (mostly because there are a bunch of rides at HS that I need to avoid). And Epcot has the whole World Showcase that can be interesting to walk around if you are into that.
But if you are really into Star Wars and want extra time there, then go with HS.

Epcot for me. Hollywood Studios - as a smaller attraction focussed park - feels better with people especially if there are lines. I'm not great at striking up conversations. But Epcot - a perfect place to wander and absorb stuff, especially the World Showcase. I never got enough time there with my kids - they just wanted to blitz round. But I wanted to shop, look at the details, eat and drink and watch the movies.

Either one is great, so I'm going with practicality.

1) Hollywood has more rides with long waits. It's more likely that you will have missed riding something in your one day here than in your one Epcot day. Or, if you rode everything in one day, you missed the shows. Have you really been to HS if you haven't watched 3D gags with Muppets??

2) Hollywood is the park reservation more likely to sell out.

So, I'd book HS as my preplanned reservation and then see how my EP and HS days go. Having done both, if you want more EP time, you'll likely be able to switch to that reservation the night before or morning of. The reverse is less likely to be true.

Either one is great, so I'm going with practicality.

1) Hollywood has more rides with long waits. It's more likely that you will have missed riding something in your one day here than in your one Epcot day. Or, if you rode everything in one day, you missed the shows. Have you really been to HS if you haven't watched 3D gags with Muppets??

2) Hollywood is the park reservation more likely to sell out.

So, I'd book HS as my preplanned reservation and then see how my EP and HS days go. Having done both, if you want more EP time, you'll likely be able to switch to that reservation the night before or morning of. The reverse is less likely to be true.
This is actually what I am doing! I THINK I am leaning towards Epcot, but it's better to have the HS reservation and see.

And I got a reservation in the knick of time, because I see that HS is booked out for my day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter