Epcot slower at open, busier in evening?

kclark9830

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip in June. I've read AK at least sort of clears out after the hopping crowd leaves between 1-2.

Any experience of Epcot doing the opposite? Is it least busy at open (11am?) Then does it begin to pick up at 2 as hoppers arrive?

Thanks for your thoughts!

We are planning a trip in June. I've read AK at least sort of clears out after the hopping crowd leaves between 1-2.

Any experience of Epcot doing the opposite? Is it least busy at open (11am?) Then does it begin to pick up at 2 as hoppers arrive?

Thanks for your thoughts!
DAK definitely clears out later. So does DHS.

My daughter was at Epcot yesterday. It's spring break, so heavy crowds are expected, but wait times started long at 11 AM and still were long at 9 PM. (She left at 10 for an 11 PM closing.)

20210329.jpg

June should have better wait times.

11am is the beginning of the peak crowd time of day at WDW, so no, that is definitely not going to be a slow time. I was there two weeks ago, and late evening at Epcot was a good time to be there.

Last time we were in World Showcase after 5pm, it was a weekend in the October before Covid. It was full of young people drinking their way around the world. Might have changed since crowd size is limited.

Last month, we got there on a weekdaybefore opening (about 10:15). We were near the front of the group walking to Test Track and were on and off before parking opening. We did Frozen (waited about 10 minutes around park opening, walked on to Three Caballeros, and headed deeper into World Showcase. DH has a picture of me with NO ONE else in it, somewhere around Germany. We ate lunch in a nearly empty Regal Eagle, rode the Skyliner to and from Riviera Resort, and watched the France and Canada movies. It was a very pleasant first few hours. The crowds for Soarin and a second ride on Test Track weren't too bad in the late afternoon.

PHXscuba

That's been our experience. As locals we often head to Epcot for 11 am opening. We usually do one loop around World Showcase and are out of the park about 2 pm, perhaps a bit later. At 11 the crowds are light. You can see them get heavier as the day goes on.

Was there last weekend and definitely noticed a big increase in crowds after 2pm when park hopping was allowed. Hardly no lines at the festival kiosks from 11-2pm. We left around 3pm to head to Magic Kingdom and while lines at Epcot were getting really long for food, most rides were literally walk on at Magic Kingdom.

Was there last weekend and definitely noticed a big increase in crowds after 2pm when park hopping was allowed. Hardly no lines at the festival kiosks from 11-2pm. We left around 3pm to head to Magic Kingdom and while lines at Epcot were getting really long for food, most rides were literally walk on at Magic Kingdom.
Did you notice this at both World Showcase as well as Future World? I have wondered if many of the park hoppers are heading to Epcot more for dinner and hanging out in the WS area than going to ride some of the rides in FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter