• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Seas Adventure- Aqua Tour?

tetera

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this, (especially recently)?

It's something I'd been looking at for awhile but now all of the kids are old enough to do it.

How strong of a swimmer do you have to be? Is it ok to be a first-time snorkeler and do this?

Do you have to have Epcot tickets?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.20.49 PM.png

It's something I'd been looking at for awhile but now all of the kids are old enough to do it.

How strong of a swimmer do you have to be? Is it ok to be a first-time snorkeler and do this?

Thank you!

View attachment 674495
We've done this before and it was amazing. Definitely something you can do as a first time snorkeler. It's scuba assisted snorkeling which means you have an air tank on your back feeding your mask so you can keep your head down the whole time. It does take a minute to adjust to, though, and you feel short of breath until your body figures it out. You will also have a float vest on, so I'd say as long as you CAN swim, you're fine regardless of ability level.

Eta: they did tell us we needed to have tickets because you're released into the park after the tour, but I don't recall anyone actually checking. This was before the days of park reservations however, so YMMV.

We took our 9 year old the year he was old enough to go. He loved it. We did practice snorkeling beforehand some and one of us stayed close while we were in the tank but it was easy for him to do. It’s been 11 years since we did this. He has asked to learn to dive an d this year do the Dive Quest tour.

Thank you all so much for the great info - I've done snorkeling and scuba but not combined before - no one else in my family has even snorkeled so maybe we should just give that a go first....

Thank you!

View attachment 674495
This is currently unavailable to book and has been closed since the parks re-opened. I talked to a cast member at the seas with Nemo and friends asking about when dive quest would re open and he said they don’t have a date as they are still figuring out Covid protocols with this type of tour. Assuming the same is true for this experience.

This is currently unavailable to book and has been closed since the parks re-opened. I talked to a cast member at the seas with Nemo and friends asking about when dive quest would re open and he said they don’t have a date as they are still figuring out Covid protocols with this type of tour. Assuming the same is true for this experience.

Thanks for that info - I had been looking at it before and it had the "Temporarily Unavailable" label on it for awhile - since that was removed I thought it might be available again. Appreciate the update!

So it appears the tours resumed weeks ago, including the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour, but I noticed today that all references to Epcot Seas Aqua Tour have been removed from the WDW website- only DiveQuest and Dolphins in Depth remain.

I'm wondering if this tour is now officially gone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter