Epcot Saturday pm during F&W--exactly how bad will it be?

Saturdays and Sundays are absolutely the worst two days of the week. Folks that are "local" will drive in for the day since they aren't working and the crowd levels go way up.

There are a LOT of additional EMH being offered at the other parks during the F&W dates as part of offsetting the surges in HS for Star Wars opening. So, you might expect even MORE people at F&W this year as they may be avoiding HS on the weekends as well.

Monday would definitely be a lower crowd level than the weekend unless it happens to be a holiday Monday... :)

That's in the "never again" category for us. It is bananas. Insanely crowded with throngs of really drunk people. I felt trapped in a bad frat party. Drunk girls, drunk guys, lots of loud yelling and a general gross atmosphere. If that's your thing, think--spring break with a rowdy college crew--then go for it. For us, we love F&W, any night other than Saturday is better, and during the day is great too.

I 100% agree with this post!! "Frat party" is the exact same way that I describe it to anyone contemplating visiting F&W on the weekends. It was obnoxious. So. Much. Random. Yelling. Like chanting- really. My husband & I went a few years ago because we were staying at BWV and stayed probably less than an hour. Lines were SUPER long and overall atmosphere was BAD!! We both like to drink, and being around ppl who've been drinking is normally not an issue for us but this was RIDICULOUS!! In comparison, when we did F&W that Monday night of our visit, it was peaceful & you could walk right up to the cashiers with no wait. Visiting F&W Fri night through Sun night is now a total no go for us after that experience!!

In comparison, when we did F&W that Monday night of our visit, it was peaceful & you could walk right up to the cashiers with no wait. Visiting F&W Fri night through Sun night is now a total no go for us after that experience!!

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience, but your description of Monday sounds much more promising!

We went to F&W on the Labour Day weekend at night. We weren't particularly interested in the Festival, but wanted to at least take a walk around and check it out. It was miserably crowded, long lines for everything and not at all how I want to spend my time at Disney. Maybe if I were on an adults on trip, it would be different, but just my son and I, no thanks.

Bumping this thread and so happy I found it! My husband and I are heading to WDW 11/15-11/17 (Fri-Sun). We arrive late Friday and leave Sunday night. It’s our first kid free trip together anywhere in 6 years; and with childcare we could only fit in a super quick weekend getaway. I was thinking we could go to F&W on Saturday night but now I’m thinking maybe we just go at 11am Saturday and Sunday and do something else Saturday night.

The only reason for us to go on Sunday is to attend the French Family Traditional Meal that usually starts around noon and ends around 3:30PM. Then we leave the park.

As of now, we have 2 days scheduled at EP (Fri and Sat!). Not feeling too hopeful! We do not have PH. Also... my husband has extreme anxiety! I have a feeling he may ditch me and the kiddos and go back to the room 😕

Hopefully we can do most of what we want to do on Friday, including Illuminations. We will probably concentrate on Future World Sat until mid afternoon, then make our escape. This will give us a little more pool time and maybe we'll schedule a dinner at DS. I wish it could have worked out to do EP on different days, but we are scheduling to avoid HS on the weekend, as well as days that MK closes early for MNSSHP.

Question... Would AK be better, even on a Saturday? That's the only possibility of a switch and my FP day is tomorrow! I'm starting to panic a little. LOL

As of now, we have 2 days scheduled at EP (Fri and Sat!). Not feeling too hopeful! We do not have PH. Also... my husband has extreme anxiety! I have a feeling he may ditch me and the kiddos and go back to the room 😕

Hopefully we can do most of what we want to do on Friday, including Illuminations. We will probably concentrate on Future World Sat until mid afternoon, then make our escape. This will give us a little more pool time and maybe we'll schedule a dinner at DS. I wish it could have worked out to do EP on different days, but we are scheduling to avoid HS on the weekend, as well as days that MK closes early for MNSSHP.

Question... Would AK be better, even on a Saturday? That's the only possibility of a switch and my FP day is tomorrow! I'm starting to panic a little. LOL
How old are your kiddos? If they are younger, they may get a new education on drunks.

How old are your kiddos? If they are younger, they may get a new education on drunks.

13, 10 and 7. They haven't been exposed to a lot of drunken foolery, but they know alcohol makes people act strange. (Hello 2 margarita Mom!! I'm waaaay funnier! :P) I'm not necessarily worried about drunkeness, I'm more concerned about so many people you can't move around freely. My husband would have a full on attack and I definitely want to avoid that.

So I guess it's back to the drawing board for my touring plan. We have DAK the last 2 days of our trip (supposedly lower crowds), but I might try to switch one of those around.

We were there in the afternoon/early evening during one of the last days of it, and omg. Never again. It was shoulder to shoulder packed at times in WS and I had to sing to myself as I wheeled my stroller through the masses so I didn't have a full on panic attack. lol We ended up leaving before Illuminations which I absolutely regret. It was bad planning on my part, but due to parties at MK, we were limited on days we could go to Epcot so I did what we could. We did stop and eat at Rose & Crown and caught our breath... but, if I get to do over at that time of year, I'd definately do WS first and then all of our rides later on.

13, 10 and 7. They haven't been exposed to a lot of drunken foolery, but they know alcohol makes people act strange. (Hello 2 margarita Mom!! I'm waaaay funnier! :P) I'm not necessarily worried about drunkeness, I'm more concerned about so many people you can't move around freely. My husband would have a full on attack and I definitely want to avoid that.

So I guess it's back to the drawing board for my touring plan. We have DAK the last 2 days of our trip (supposedly lower crowds), but I might try to switch one of those around.

We somehow wind up at Epcot on the weekend during our trips during both F&W and F&G. Yes, it's super crowded in WS on weekend nights... and weekend days in general. We do Epcot a few times during each trip, so we do get other, less crowded days. I will say that last year on a Saturday night during F&W they had a DJ in future world near the fountain and there was a big dance party going on. That, plus the rides in future world can keep your kiddos busy and out of WS in the evening. If you can hit the booths during the day and stick in future world at night, you may do better than trying to navigate WS.

This coming trip in September, we aren't doing F&W on the weekend. Not because we avoid it, but because of scheduling other things during a our trip.

We somehow wind up at Epcot on the weekend during our trips during both F&W and F&G. Yes, it's super crowded in WS on weekend nights... and weekend days in general. We do Epcot a few times during each trip, so we do get other, less crowded days. I will say that last year on a Saturday night during F&W they had a DJ in future world near the fountain and there was a big dance party going on. That, plus the rides in future world can keep your kiddos busy and out of WS in the evening. If you can hit the booths during the day and stick in future world at night, you may do better than trying to navigate WS.

This coming trip in September, we aren't doing F&W on the weekend. Not because we avoid it, but because of scheduling other things during a our trip.

I'm also worried that with all the closures happening in FW, there won't be a lot to do. I totally love just walking around and taking in the beauty of EP, but they are closing the Fountain and Club Cool (Wahhh) A lot of renos will be going on. (I believe it all starts right before before we go) I wonder how that will look/affect the overall feel of FW? I need to just make peace with whatever, becuase, hey, we'll be in WDW!!

To be honest, other than the hassle of getting into the park and parking, it was tolerable. We had little ones with us so we didn’t try to get any food from the kiosks, we were there for afternoon autographs, Frozen and the ride in Mexico. There was a line but it moved quickly. We were able to do some of the Coco “games” after a wait. As I said we would leave and come back if there was a line. Most people were there to eat, drink and socialize. I saw a couple of overly “happy” people but drunkenness wasn’t prevalent. (We do not drink ourselves). The biggest issue was the crowd but there were areas where you could walk freely. Most of the congestion was near the kiosks. Personally, I would go again on a weekend because you can avoid the larger crowds especially if you stay in future world. I would obviously prefer to go on a less crowded a day but it was not intolerable. Just find an easy way to get into the park, even if that means going to HS and boating in lol. Or the Magic Kingdom/Transportation center to a monorail.

Last edited:
I'm coming around to just keeping the Sat as planned. For us, Epcot is more about taking in the ambiance, finding cool little photography backgrounds and going at a slower pace. We've never felt the need to rush around there, unlike MK . I don't find any of the rides to be out of this world amazing, so we'll be happy to do our FP, and maybe a few other things, then decide whether to stay or go based on crowds/weather/stamina. :P

Thank you for all this information.
I have two newbies with us for a weekend and had us going to Epcot on a Saturday. All FPs are made.
Now I am doubting my decision. Need to make a separate thread and thank you all for your information.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter