Epcot Santas in worldshowcase

dlinne

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the times the Santas are out in the world showcase? Also the times the storytellers are out at Christmas time? I understand it starts the Sat after Thanksgiving. thanks!

Does anyone know the times the Santas are out in the world showcase? Also the times the storytellers are out at Christmas time? I understand it starts the Sat after Thanksgiving. thanks!

It starts the Friday after Thanksgiving.

World Showcase opens (and the Santa events begin) at 11AM daily throughout the holiday season.

For the actual individual schedules, they will appear on the following site starting about week before:

The site posts the stage shows, in-park and other on-property shows and their times for the CURRENT week.
(It is updated every weekend.)
The times may be "similar" for other dates as well.

Click below-

Steve Soares' TIMES GUIDE Site

or go to wdwent.com

Click on the colored links for the various parks
to open their listings and view their show times.

Be sure to check back to the site as the actual dates of your trip get closer.
----------------------

All the research I have been doing and HOW did I miss this!? So glad we are going to be in Epcot two days!

Thanks, OP and PP!

Clarifying. These are story tellers. Not Santa's.

There were some time differences between 2011 and 2012. I am waiting patiently for the 2013 schedule.

You can not see them in a specified order. Back tracking some countries.
By using the 2012 I fit them all in over two days.

Clarifying. These are story tellers. Not Santa's.

There were some time differences between 2011 and 2012. I am waiting patiently for the 2013 schedule.

You can not see them in a specified order. Back tracking some countries.
By using the 2012 I fit them all in over two days.

I thought i saw that there are storytellers and Santas dressed in traditional Santa costumes for the countries in world showcase?

I will bookmark the times guide and look as I get closer. Since I will actually only be there the first 2 days of this starting I may not be able to see the times guide before I am in the park.

does anyone remember last year about what time the Santas and storytellers (2 different things) stopped for the day? I'm trying to get an idea if it ends around 5pm like many characters or if it's something that goes longer into the evening. It will help me decide about hopping for the day.

I thought i saw that there are storytellers and Santas dressed in traditional Santa costumes for the countries in world showcase?

I will bookmark the times guide and look as I get closer. Since I will actually only be there the first 2 days of this starting I may not be able to see the times guide before I am in the park.

does anyone remember last year about what time the Santas and storytellers (2 different things) stopped for the day? I'm trying to get an idea if it ends around 5pm like many characters or if it's something that goes longer into the evening. It will help me decide about hopping for the day.

some story tellers go until closing. Some countries go at opening. others do not start until 1pm.

here is last years schedule-- which was different from 2011 (and 5 minutes can make all the difference in the "world")
http://kennythepirate.com/2012/11/17/epcot-holiday-storytellers-schedules/

They storytellers tell the legends of the holiday season in their respective countries. They are dressed accordingly, so for example the storyteller in France is dressed as Pere Noel. However, there are not separate santas and storytellers.

The exception I can think of is a Santa and Mrs. Claus meet and greet in the American pavilion, along with storytellers about Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

HERE is the 2012 schedule.

Can anyone who has gone in previous years describe the layout/listening arrangements for the storytellers? I was reading a little bit about last year and it said it is standing room only. I don't mind that, especially since the stories are so short, but is there any organization to this? Is it set up in a way that it may be so crowded that those in the far back can't see/hear anything?

Can anyone who has gone in previous years describe the layout/listening arrangements for the storytellers? I was reading a little bit about last year and it said it is standing room only. I don't mind that, especially since the stories are so short, but is there any organization to this? Is it set up in a way that it may be so crowded that those in the far back can't see/hear anything?

I followed this for the past two years. The story tellers are only about 10-15 minutes long. there is no seats. So I am not sure about your comment standing room only. I know the Candal Light processional is standing room only.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cXDwJoIBmhU/TQTHNeWcGMI/AAAAAAAAFiU/dUecrpb_few/s400/Epcot+HATW0001.jpg

i also guess that time of year would dictate how the crowds will form

I followed this for the past two years. The story tellers are only about 10-15 minutes long. there is no seats. So I am not sure about your comment standing room only. I know the Candal Light processional is standing room only.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cXDwJoIBmhU/TQTHNeWcGMI/AAAAAAAAFiU/dUecrpb_few/s400/Epcot+HATW0001.jpg

i also guess that time of year would dictate how the crowds will form

Thanks for the picture. :) That looks like an ideal situation, but I sincerely doubt there are that few guests there. We just got back from F&W so I have visions of a jam-packed Epcot left in my head... If my DD can sit down like that and clearly hear the story and see the storyteller, I just might change my plans around so we can go. I was hoping someone who had been before could share their experiences. Thanks! :)

We have been to see every storyteller but it took us 2 days to see them all. It is a highlight to us & worth the back tracking you might have to do to catch them all.

Some are dressed as "Santa". Pere Noel in France & Father Christmas in England are the most "Santa like".

Mexico was by far the best with the Tres Reyos Magos (3 Kings). They were the most moving to us as their story was more religious in telling of the baby Jesus & the 3 Kings that came to visit Him.

China has the Monkey King which was done right in front of the China pavilion where that big rock(?) kind of like a sculpture I guess?

Norway has Julenissen who is more like a Christmas elf. He has a woman with him to tell the story of Norway.

Germany was fun as we watched as watched a woman called Helga talk about the story of the nutcracker.

You can find many pictures on the web of all the storytellers. They have small set up & everyone just gathers round. If you have smaller kids I would be there alittle early so they can stand up front or sit on the ground to catch the "show". Hope that helps.

We will be there this year & looking forward to seeing them.:wave2:

Thanks kennythepirate! That's far less daunting than I thought it might be. Can't wait to see all the storytellers!

OP, thank you for this thread! I am right in the process of planning this, and the responses here have saved me a ton of time! :thumbsup2

Do people think this would also be of interest to seniors? :thanks:

:wave2:

OP, thank you for this thread! I am right in the process of planning this, and the responses here have saved me a ton of time! :thumbsup2

Do people think this would also be of interest to seniors? :thanks:

:wave2:

Yes, people of all ages enjoy the brief shows. The characters stay around for a few minutes for photos with guests who are interested as well.

I'll update the plan on Saturday, November 23 when the schedules are posted.

Thanks kennythepirate! We'll be looking forward to updated info as well. We'll see as many Storytellers as possible over our two Epcot days; planning one day around Akershus Princess Lunch and one day around Candlelight Processional Pkg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter