Epcot Rope Drop with No Genie+

Steve19842015

Mouseketeer
My trip is coming up soon! First week of October. This will be my 4th WDW trip over the past 8 years. I’d like to think I’m pretty familiar with the process. Based on my previous trip I’m deciding on not getting Genie+ for my Epcot day. I do plan on rope dropping. I’m staying at Hilton Palace. I’ll have early entry. Naturally the shuttle will take me to the main entrance. If that’s the plan then I’ll do Fast Track and then Frozen. But I’m thinking is there a good way for me to get to the international entrance so I can rope drop Remys and then Frozen. If it’s too much work then I’ll just take my chances with finding a good time throughout the day to get into Remys. Also just wanted to verify GoG still have the virtual queue right at 7am?

My trip is coming up soon! First week of October. This will be my 4th WDW trip over the past 8 years. I’d like to think I’m pretty familiar with the process. Based on my previous trip I’m deciding on not getting Genie+ for my Epcot day. I do plan on rope dropping. I’m staying at Hilton Palace. I’ll have early entry. Naturally the shuttle will take me to the main entrance. If that’s the plan then I’ll do Fast Track and then Frozen. But I’m thinking is there a good way for me to get to the international entrance so I can rope drop Remys and then Frozen. If it’s too much work then I’ll just take my chances with finding a good time throughout the day to get into Remys. Also just wanted to verify GoG still have the virtual queue right at 7am?
Yes, vq at 7am.

You could take an Uber to DHS. The rideshare drop off is over by the buses, so you can get there early and walk over to Epcot IG. Or, go to swan or dolphin. Those aren’t Disney hotels, so you won’t get stopped by security.

Going to HS and walking to Epcot sounds like a good idea. How long of a walk? And does that sound better than just doing it the other way.

Going to HS and walking to Epcot sounds like a good idea. How long of a walk? And does that sound better than just doing it the other way.
I don't know the exact distance, but it is a pretty long walk from HS to Epcot. I'd Uber to the Swan and walk from there. Much shorter!

I often caution on going out of your way to use IG. Stick to your original plan. Frozen and Remy really don’t have that much difference in wait times so why in the world take the risk that Remy will be down (not uncommon) leaving you behind everyone who rope dropped from the main gate on the other rides effectively leading you to lose your Early Entry?

If looking to do it without additional cost, you could shuttle to DHS then either walk, take Skyliner or Friendship boat to IG. If you can ensure you’re on the first shuttle it shouldn’t put you behind the crowds too much.

I believe the walk is about 22 mins per Google maps. The distance is 1.1 miles.

IMG_3238.png

If you end up not doing the International Gateway thing and use the main entrance instead, I'd do Frozen first then Test Track. Most people will be going to TT or Remy, so FEA will be a complete walk-on. Then you'll get to TT before EE is over but after the initial rush, plus you'll be back in the front of the park making it easier to do some other attractions. Works like a charm.

I personally would not want to start my day walking from DHS to Epcot just to get to the IG. The easiest method to get to the IG is to ride share/drive to Swan or Dolphin, it'll still be a 10ish min walk from those hotels but you also have the option to grab the boat over to Epcot if you prefer to not walk.

If you don't want to mess with this and stick with the bus to epcot's main entrance, I'd go with your plan and RD Test Track and then FEA as you would and then plan to ride Remy close to or at park close.

In June we parked at HS and Skylined to EPCOT - worked out great!

We only did this because we had an ADR at RRBBQ at 6:00pm. If it weren’t for that we’d go through the main entrance

The Skyliner line can get backed up in the morning with the Rivera, Pop Century and Art of Animation guests. The walk from Hollywood Studios to Epcot is not bad and you will rest in line for security and Remy when you get there anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Take rideshare to Swan/Dolphin. Their security doesn’t check that you are staying there. You can also plan to arrive before the skyliner starts to be ahead of that crowd. It’s a 10 minute walk, but much shorter than from HS. Plus, as I stated before, you can be dropped off anytime and won’t be limited to when HS drop off opens. Skyliner starts one hour prior to early entry. If you get to IG before that, you will have a walk on to Remy when it opens and it’s quite likely you can get to Frozen before non-resort guests are let in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter