Epcot Rope drop strategy

spiderann

Mouseketeer
I just got my FP+ today for Epcot day in June for a group of 4. FEA at 2pm so that’s all set. But which is better to Rope Drop- Test Track or Soarin’? I’m inclined to hit Soarin’ first and then head over to TT and maybe do the single rider line to get through faster. Thoughts?

We like to rope drop Test Track. TT is more likely to break down so better to get there early, and also may be a longer wait for FP than Soarin.'

I just got my FP+ today for Epcot day in June for a group of 4. FEA at 2pm so that’s all set. But which is better to Rope Drop- Test Track or Soarin’? I’m inclined to hit Soarin’ first and then head over to TT and maybe do the single rider line to get through faster. Thoughts?

As long as everyone is okay with single rider line and the very real possibility of being in 4 different cars, then your plan is a good one and the one I would also do.

Because TT goes down more, I chose to FP that one. That way my son isn't disappointed standing in line and not getting on. We are rope dropping FEA, then going to meet Anna and Elsa. Then our TT FP will be next. We're not doing Soarin, but I've read since they added the third theater, standby isn't too bad.

I always FP TT and Rope Drop Soarin'. If TT breaks down then I get a FP+ good for the rest of the day for when it comes back up. If you don't have any FP+ then I would rope drop Soarin and Single Rider TT.

Because TT goes down more, I chose to FP that one. That way my son isn't disappointed standing in line and not getting on. We are rope dropping FEA, then going to meet Anna and Elsa. Then our TT FP will be next. We're not doing Soarin, but I've read since they added the third theater, standby isn't too bad.
We are also getting FP for TT, but are rope dropping Soarin. I have read getting a 4th FP for Soarin is easier then getting one for TT or Frozen. So you should be able to get a 4th FP for Soarin. You may have to refresh the app several times before one pops up. If we are lucky we may get a Frozen Fp for the 4th, but I'm not counting on it.

Thank you for this thread. If Epcot opens at 9, does this sound like a good plan:

RD Soar’n
Living with the Land
FP TT for 10 am?

Where do I put Frozen?

No children, four adults.

Thank you.

Thank you for this thread. If Epcot opens at 9, does this sound like a good plan:

RD Soar’n
Living with the Land
FP TT for 10 am?

Where do I put Frozen?

Thank you.
You can only pick one of these tier 1 rides TT, Soarin or Frozen. I'm not sure you will get Frozen for a 4th FP. It could happen if you keep refreshing the app. Frozen and TT are the hardest to get for a 4th FP. So I would go there first at rope drop and then Soarin. It's a long walk between the two which makes it inconvenient. Or if your staying all day go right before closing.

RD Soar’n
Living with the Land
FP TT for 10 am?

Where do I put Frozen?

Thank you.

You're plan sounds good. I was there during Easter week and did well. I/we RD Soar'n, FP Living with the Land (although really didn't need the FP), FP Test Track and FP Spaceship Earth. I would imagine with 4 adults Spaceship Earth might be more of a priority than Frozen. :-)

You're plan sounds good. I was there during Easter week and did well. I/we RD Soar'n, FP Living with the Land (although really didn't need the FP), FP Test Track and FP Spaceship Earth. I would imagine with 4 adults Spaceship Earth might be more of a priority than Frozen. :-)

Haha you would think. But we are Disney fanatics and the ride is new to all of us! :dogdance:

We are also getting FP for TT, but are rope dropping Soarin. I have read getting a 4th FP for Soarin is easier then getting one for TT or Frozen. So you should be able to get a 4th FP for Soarin. You may have to refresh the app several times before one pops up. If we are lucky we may get a Frozen Fp for the 4th, but I'm not counting on it.

I won't be riding Soarin' at all on this trip. I have a fear of heights and I think I would better handle Soarin when my husband is there for support and distraction. He won't be joining us on this trip and I'd rather not stand in line all anxious and worried and have my son get the same way too. Now neither of us can or will enjoy the ride.

You can only pick one of these tier 1 rides TT, Soarin or Frozen. I'm not sure you will get Frozen for a 4th FP. It could happen if you keep refreshing the app. Frozen and TT are the hardest to get for a 4th FP. So I would go there first at rope drop and then Soarin. It's a long walk between the two which makes it inconvenient. Or if your staying all day go right before closing.

I've always had good luck getting Soarin' as a 4th FP. Last week I was able to get it for our party of 5 within an hour, although this will depend on crowd levels when you go. I would RD TT, then either head over to Soarin' (decent walk!) or use your 3 FPs early and try for Soarin' as a 4th FP. Keep trying to bump your Frozen FP earlier so you can start trying for a 4th as soon as possible. It will also help to split your party 2 and 2 and look for overlapping times for the 4th FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter