Epcot restaurants and seeing fireworks

merlib

Mouseketeer
My family and I are heading back to the World next March and I was thinking of trying to make a ressie at one of the Epcot restaurants that you can watch the fireworks show from? Can those of you that have done that share your experiences on how soon before the show you made your ressie for and what restaurant you ate at?

Thanks!

The best view is from Rose & Crown in the UK. We made our ADRs around 7:30-7:45 for 9 PM Illuminations.
La Hacienda in Mexico has a FEW window tables with incredible views, some tables with partial views and tables with no views at all.
Tokyo Dining in Japan has some window tables with a partial view.
Personally I believe the best views are outside around the lagoon

Chefs de France also has a few window seats, Spice Rd has outdor dining, but view is somewhat blocked by the island, Ms Paul also has views.

Keep in mind Rose and Crown, the best views, is an expensive package deal. The others are not great for viewing, but decent IF youre lucky enough to get a table with a view. Everyone else dining wants the same thing! Chances are super slim youll get one.

Also, IllumiNations is ending 09/30. A temporary show, Epcot Forever, will begin 10/01, but end Jan. 1. Not sure when the permanent replacement show will start. Hopefully before March!

Also, IllumiNations is ending 09/30. A temporary show, Epcot Forever, will begin 10/01, but end Jan. 1. Not sure when the permanent replacement show will start. Hopefully before March!

Have they given an end date for Epcot Forever? The last Parks blog post I saw said "“Epcot Forever” will continue into 2020, when the next epic nighttime extravaganza makes its debut."

Have they given an end date for Epcot Forever? The last Parks blog post I saw said "“Epcot Forever” will continue into 2020, when the next epic nighttime extravaganza makes its debut."

It's definitely not ending Jan 1 - it's still on the calendar in mid-March, which is as far out as we can see right now.

We had the center window table at Tokyo Dining. While we were there for a 6:30pm reservation and were long gone before Illuminations, I would think it would not be an ideal location to see the totality of the show. The 2nd floor location is nice but you are somewhat obstructed by the landscaping immediately around the restaurant and the roof design of the building.

As an aside, the food was wonderful.

We had a great experience at the Rose & Crown last May.

We did NOT get the Illuminations Dining Package, because it didn't yet exist when I made my original ADR 180 days out. I learned about the package several months later, and was rather annoyed, since I had hoped for a chance for a table outside, and those were all now reserved for people with the package. However, they still have a small stand-up dedicated outside viewing area for people dining inside. The view from this area is even better than the outside tables (which have views that are partially blocked by landscaping), and you don't have to go outside until a few minutes before the show.

All in all, we were very pleased with the experience and, to our surprise, the food. We would definitely do this again!

P.S. I've heard the view from La Hacienda de San Angel is not that great. It's through windows, and the music is quietly piped in.

Last edited:

Chefs de France also has a few window seats, Spice Rd has outdor dining, but view is somewhat blocked by the island, Ms Paul also has views.

Keep in mind Rose and Crown, the best views, is an expensive package deal. The others are not great for viewing, but decent IF youre lucky enough to get a table with a view. Everyone else dining wants the same thing! Chances are super slim youll get one.

Epcot Forever ends May 2020 not January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter