Epcot resort area restaurant rec?

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
Since AK closes so early, we were thinking of taking a bus to the Beach Club/Boardwalk area for dinner and then hopping on the skyliner back to our resort (CBR). This is a last-minute planning decision, so I haven't researched any restaurants in this area. (Note, we do not have hoppers, so can't eat in Epcot.)

Is this a good plan? If so, what is your favorite restaurant in that area for a sit down meal with two wriggling, picky-eating 4 year olds that will also please foodie Mom and Dad? And also that likely still has open tables less than 30 days out. :)

We had breakfast the Trattoria al Forno and it was wonderful - the portions were large and inexpensive for Disney standards. Though we haven't had dinner there it's on my list for the next trip. When I was there in January, there were a lot of last minute reservations for there, especially close to their opening time (5 PM)

I also enjoyed the lounge at Shula's back in October.

I think this is a great plan. Always fun to try something new. I've never eaten at any of the restaurants, but you mention you're less than 30 days out and kids are picky. I'd go to the Disney App, click the + at the bottom and choose Check Dining Availability, put in your party size, date and time range, then filter down to the resorts in that area and check the kids menus. If you see something you know they'll like, check adult meals and see if that's something you'll want.

I saw at least a few reservations available about 30 days out. Hopefully that'll get you started on finding something everyone will like.

The restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin are some of the best on property, but I'd freshen up in the room before heading to those; they are a little bit fancy. Ale and Compass is open at the Yacht Club and recently became one of my favorites. Trattoria al Forno is good, but it seemed like the dinner portions shrank last time I was there.

I’ve been rethinking this and wondering if my littles might be too pooped with all the transportation. Maybe I should just mobile order at the resort that night. :confused3

Both A&C and Trattoria al Forno are great choices. We have eaten Dinner at both and had a wonderful .

Don't know what time Animal Kingdom closes on the day you are going, but I think that park has great food. I would just eat there around closing time.

Rainforest cafe at Animal kingdom has something for everyone. Tiffins and Yak and Yeti are good too if you want to simplify abd just eat at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter