Epcot Resort area dining

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we added an extra park day on the day we arrive at the BCV so we can spend some time at Epcot in the afternoon/evening. Trip is in January during Festival of the Arts. We're arriving at lunchtime, trying to figure out meals for this day, here are some options.

1)Lunch/dessert at Beaches & Cream, walk to Epcot, do drinks and snacks at FoA for dinner.
2) Head right to Epcot for a QS lunch, then return to BCV for Cape May dinner
3) Head to Epcot for snacks and drinks or QS lunch then later to Chefs de France for dinner.
4) Via Napoli lunch (we have a dinner planned later in the week but can change it to this day) then Beaches & Cream dessert later

Any other suggestions this day? It's our first day getting there so we'd like to have a leisurely evening with yummy food before our next big day at the parks. There are 8 of us with 4 kids ages 6-10 if that helps.

Beaches and Cream is not very good...would skip that. The ice cream is just Edy's. You can get much, much, much better ice cream around the corner at Ample Hills.

Being winter time (not sure where you are traveling from), I wouldn't make a lunch reservation. I would do option 3 and play it by ear. We tend to keep travel days very open and not plan much as you never know what can happen and how everyone will be feeling (especially with 4 kids in tow!) Have fun.

Hi all, we added an extra park day on the day we arrive at the BCV so we can spend some time at Epcot in the afternoon/evening. Trip is in January during Festival of the Arts. We're arriving at lunchtime, trying to figure out meals for this day, here are some options.

1)Lunch/dessert at Beaches & Cream, walk to Epcot, do drinks and snacks at FoA for dinner.
2) Head right to Epcot for a QS lunch, then return to BCV for Cape May dinner
3) Head to Epcot for snacks and drinks or QS lunch then later to Chefs de France for dinner.
4) Via Napoli lunch (we have a dinner planned later in the week but can change it to this day) then Beaches & Cream dessert later

Any other suggestions this day? It's our first day getting there so we'd like to have a leisurely evening with yummy food before our next big day at the parks. There are 8 of us with 4 kids ages 6-10 if that helps.
2 or 3 would be my choices. I like VN but might find it too heavy a meal to start off on.

Being winter time (not sure where you are traveling from), I wouldn't make a lunch reservation. I would do option 3 and play it by ear. We tend to keep travel days very open and not plan much as you never know what can happen and how everyone will be feeling (especially with 4 kids in tow!) Have fun.
Good point, we are traveling from Michigan so weather could definitely cause some problems.

My family just returned from BWV. On arrival day we had Big River Brewing for lunch. It was fabulous with lots of variety for all ages. Adult beverages were very good as well.

I would choose option 3. Depending when your trip is beaches and cream may not even been open for meals. If you want just a cone of ice cream I agree ample hills is better. If you want a sundae, I love beaches. However, Chefs de France has some great desserts so I would have my dessert there!

When you say you arrive at lunchtime is that the time your flight is scheduled to land? How are you getting to BCV? Travel delays are uncontrollable and common. If you are using DME, the average time to your resort is 90 minutes from deplaning - not landing. I would not make any lunch plans. If everyone is starving perhaps grab something before heading to DME.
I NEVER make travel day plans/ ADRs for less than 5 hours after I am scheduled to land

I would do option 3 and then stop at Ample Hills for ice cream on your way back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter