Epcot Passport

susanktz

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me more about the Passport thing at Epcot? My daughter asked me about it this morning.

Not sure how they're doing it now, but if it's similar to the passport they had years ago, it's a little booklet & cast members from each country stamp it, just like a real passport with a cute little stamp (like it says NORWAY with a Mickey head with a Viking helmet or something like that) and then the cast member usually writes something like "Beware of trolls" or whatever. We still have our girls passports from their first trip. Again, not sure if it's exactly the same, but the girls loved doing it and they're a super cute little keepsake.

So, I believe there are TWO different passport things happening at Epcot. The first is what KaSe was describing...a passport book that you purchase and then can get stamps in it at each country. The second thing is free and has replaced the "Duffy on a Stick"...its a ziplock bag decorated to resemble a passport and you collect cards at each country that go into the bag. The cards have a little coloring page on one side and facts about the country on the other. I haven't done either myself yet, so I might not have all the details correct, but my friend just got back from WDW last week and this was what she told me they did :)

So, I believe there are TWO different passport things happening at Epcot. The first is what KaSe was describing...a passport book that you purchase and then can get stamps in it at each country. The second thing is free and has replaced the "Duffy on a Stick"...its a ziplock bag decorated to resemble a passport and you collect cards at each country that go into the bag. The cards have a little coloring page on one side and facts about the country on the other. I haven't done either myself yet, so I might not have all the details correct, but my friend just got back from WDW last week and this was what she told me they did :)

What you describe is accurate. The Kidcot Fun Stop program is free and you're given a Ziplock bag to collect cards / stickers in each country. Kids can color the back, although the coloring part is - to me - a bit de-emphasized now vs Duffy Bear. The cards are rather small and not the easiest for little ones to color. When you collect them all, they'll give you a "I Traveled the World Showcase" postcard.

The Epcot Passport has a cost (can't recall how much) and it comes with a nicely bound Passport, holding case, and stickers. You get a stamp in each country (same CM who does the ziploc bag thing) and guests can put stickers in the book as they see fit.

Kidcot & Passport2.jpg

You can get them at any of the Kidcot tables in any country. Just tell them you’re starting/need a bag. It’s easy peasy.
Cool! Follow up question-we will be entering at the IG. What’s the closest country to pop into? And where in that country specifically? My hope is that the sooner the kids get their bag, the sooner we can start our way around F&W!

Thanks everyone! My girls will be 13 when we go. I think the passport book that you purchase and then can get stamps in it at each country will be more appropriate for them.

Appx how much do they cost?

Cool! Follow up question-we will be entering at the IG. What’s the closest country to pop into? And where in that country specifically? My hope is that the sooner the kids get their bag, the sooner we can start our way around F&W!

Take a left once you're through IG and go to the UK kidcot stop. It's inside the Tin Soldier toy shop in the back.

Thanks everyone! My girls will be 13 when we go. I think the passport book that you purchase and then can get stamps in it at each country will be more appropriate for them.

Appx how much do they cost?
I believe they were around $10 when my kids got theirs, but that was (gasp...) TEN years ago! Hopefully not more than $15 now.

We were there last week. They gave us a little Ziplock "suitcase" and we collected cards & stickers in each country. Very cute!
DazzleT -- There are little food & wine booklets. I didn't pick one up so I'm not sure what all they included, but I heard they had a listing of all the kiosks and all the menus.

The first time we took our daughter to WDW we bought a custom passport on eBay where the vendor put her photo and information on it and it looked very authentic and made for a nice keepsake once it was filled out.

Don’t go to Canada first as they don’t tell you or offer the Ziplock bag. Had bought the passport for DD to do and neither Canada nor the U.K. pavillion gave her the postcard nor sticker, however all the others did.

Isn’t there a food and wine passport thing as well?

Yep! We were just there in September, the F&W passports were free, and also served as an index of what foods were available at each booth. The center has stickers, so you could put a sticker on each country you visited and check off the food/drink you had there. We had fun filling them out and they helped us plan our stops along the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter