Epcot or MK on a Saturday during F&WF?

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
I realize the obvious answer is MK, BUT:

This will be our last full day of our week's trip (9/3- 9/10) and we would have already done 2 full MK days. Epcot has historically been our fav park, but now it's me and my adult daughter and 4 y.o. princess g-baby, sooooo.... :tinker:

We initially planned this trip before we knew F&W would be happening so early in Sept. We don't care that much about it (we're vegetarian, so really it's kind of just a Wine Festival for us (adults). We do have the Tuesday before planned at Epcot, so we'll get to at least see what it's all about. But Epcot has NEVER been a one day park for us. We have AK planned already for 2 days in the week and can't move them b/c of RoL dining pkg and other ADRs. Hollywood Studios. Eh. We're planning on doing that park on arrival day and will be able to do all we want. We have a partial day the day we leave, 9/10 with no plans yet.

So. Do I keep our 2 days MK 2 days Epcot, even if one of our Epcot days is the (apparently) hellish Saturday? Lines for food is not an issue, we won't be doing a lot of that but we loooove the entertainment in WS, how much do the food lines interfere with that? And really, MK on Saturday is no walk in the park (haha) either, now is it?

Helllllppppp meeeeeeee. Kenny the Pirate says to do Epcot. Many of his followers say NO MATTER WHAT, do what KtP says. The DIS seems to think that's nuts. We don't want our last full day at WDW be cut short because we have to leave due to huge crowds at Epcot. We have base tickets, no hoppers, staying onsite. TIA, sorry so long.

Last edited:
Fate usually brings us to Epcot on F & W Saturdays. The entrance lines get long as you get towards the noon time and is not a good day if you need to activate your AP if you have one. Guest services lines are crazy!!! If you stay in the front of the park and skip the attractive photo pass areas, it is not too crowded. As you travel towards the WS the crowds are thick and the food & beverage lines are long. The crowds around the entertainment are larger too unfortunately as there are not that many seating areas, people are wandering around all the open areas and may be a bit much for grand baby especially if you are using a stroller. We still manage to have a good time but usually focus on the front of the park on that day and have dinner reservations later that draw us into the back.

If you stay in the front of the park and skip the attractive photo pass areas, it is not too crowded. As you travel towards the WS the crowds are thick and the food & beverage lines are long. The crowds around the entertainment are larger too unfortunately as there are not that many seating areas, people are wandering around all the open areas and may be a bit much for grand baby especially if you are using a stroller.

Thank you! Very good advice. So what we've decided to do is this: On our first Epcot day on Tuesday, we'll do the whole F&WF thing and entertainment in WS and NOT do anything in Future World. FEA opens earlier than the rest of WS, though, right? Then, we'll do MK on the Saturday in question and go back to Epcot on Sunday, our departure day. THAT day, we'll avoid WS and do Spaceship Earth, Character M&Gs in FutureWorld, JIYM, Living with the Land, etc. I think we'll be able to do everything we missed on Tues by 2:30 or 3:00 pm when we'll need to start heading back. We won't be doing TT or Soarin' or Mission Space, so no biggie there.

Thanks again!

FEA opens when the park opens. Will you be there at park opening on your weekday or were you planning on a late start?

Probably we'll roll in around 10 am and hopefully we'll have fastpasses for FEA, then we'll move on to the rest of WS.

Since there is a 4 year old with you, I would say MK. I just returned last month with my 5 year old Grandson. And there is still things he did not get to do at MK and things he wants to do again. I did not know my grandson could have a melt down until he did at MK one day. We had to cut that day shorter than we wanted to. So, sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Thank you! Very good advice. So what we've decided to do is this: On our first Epcot day on Tuesday, we'll do the whole F&WF thing and entertainment in WS and NOT do anything in Future World. FEA opens earlier than the rest of WS, though, right? Then, we'll do MK on the Saturday in question and go back to Epcot on Sunday, our departure day. THAT day, we'll avoid WS and do Spaceship Earth, Character M&Gs in FutureWorld, JIYM, Living with the Land, etc. I think we'll be able to do everything we missed on Tues by 2:30 or 3:00 pm when we'll need to start heading back. We won't be doing TT or Soarin' or Mission Space, so no biggie there.

Thanks again!
Good plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter