Epcot opening at 11:00?

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
Park hours (as posted by Disney) indicate that Epcot will be opening at 11:00 a.m. all of December and into January. Does the entire park open all at once now? 11:00 a.m. seems pretty late for park opening.

Park hours (as posted by Disney) indicate that Epcot will be opening at 11:00 a.m. all of December and into January. Does the entire park open all at once now? 11:00 a.m. seems pretty late for park opening.
That’s generally what it’s been since reopening from the Covid closure. Just another Chapek cutback. This is also the reason why there are no more breakfast ADR’s in Epcot.

Yes, they've been doing this time since reopening in July 2020.

Also, Epcot, as all parks are doing, does have Early Theme Park Entry available for onsite guests which usually starts at least 30 minutes prior, but I think I've see up to an hour early.

OMG I was just going to ask this, too. What a load of crap! 11 is like halfway though my day! Ugh.

Yes, they've been doing this time since reopening in July 2020.

Also, Epcot, as all parks are doing, does have Early Theme Park Entry available for onsite guests which usually starts at least 30 minutes prior, but I think I've see up to an hour early.
We’ll take advantage of early entry, but still. That’s a late opening.

OMG I was just going to ask this, too. What a load of crap! 11 is like halfway though my day! Ugh.
That won't last forever. The time used to be used up in Future World but there doesn't seem like a lot there anymore anyway and World Showcase opened later like 10am. From what everyone says, with all the construction there's not a lot to see anyway.

Last edited:
They've been opening at 10 (9:30 early entry) for most of October, so there is a good chance they will also change them for at least Nov/Dec.

That’s generally what it’s been since reopening from the Covid closure. Just another Chapek cutback. This is also the reason why there are no more breakfast ADR’s in Epcot.
I never thought of Epcot as a breakfast location anyway. I probably wouldn't have because I stay offsite and go to the $10 huge breakfast buffets outside the Disney property. I'd arrive at the park fueled up and just taking my time wandering around. In fact, the only time I ever had breakfast inside the park was in 2019 when my sister really wanted to eat at "Be Our Guest". I have never been so unimpressed by a meal, both size and quality, and amazed at what they had the nerve to charge for it.

I never thought of Epcot as a breakfast location anyway. I probably wouldn't have because I stay offsite and go to the $10 huge breakfast buffets outside the Disney property. I'd arrive at the park fueled up and just taking my time wandering around. In fact, the only time I ever had breakfast inside the park was in 2019 when my sister really wanted to eat at "Be Our Guest". I have never been so unimpressed by a meal, both size and quality, and amazed at what they had the nerve to charge for it.
I’ve got a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Akershus and Garden Grill were both great breakfast locations. No longer.

The reason when they reopened was to spread out the opening busses from the resorts. That being said, it’s been 10 to 10 lately.

I’m surprised it’s an 11:00 opening Xmas-NY week… but I’m expecting (hoping) it to go earlier. But the weird thing is 1/2 is scheduled for 10AM already

It's frankly ridiculous especially with this new system to have a park open that late. The cutbacks have gotten out of hand but have to keep the revenue stream into their shareholder's pockets even if it means destroying all of the good will Disney spend decades building up. I've been going for nearly 40 years now and I cannot remember any other time when I've seen this level of disappointment in so many things they're doing. The only other thing that I think comes close is when they were dismantling Disney Animation and Imagineering until I think it was Eisner reversed some of those cutbacks which brought about a lot of it's revitalization. They need someone like that there now.

Even on site, I think they're a waste of time and money for anyone who has a park ticket and plans to be in the parks on that day.

Even on site, I think they're a waste of time and money for anyone who has a park ticket and plans to be in the parks on that day.
I mostly agree. We are rope droppers and would never use prime touring time to eat but we would sometimes eat a 10:45 character “breakfast” which was basically lunch for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter