Epcot Nugget Of The Day

The fountain outside Journey into Imagination is design so that you imagine that the water is flowing up.

Wish I had a photo to show you.

epcotcenterlogo.png

This is the original logo back when the park was known as EPCOT Center. In 1993 the name was changed to Epcot because the name was so recognizable that it didn't need the Center designation.

The logo symbolizes how Epcot was to be the central focal point of the whole WDW property, not just the park itself.

subscribing! awesome info here, very interesting. :cool1:

Between France and Morocco one piece of pavement is different. This symbolizes the Straight of Gibraltar. :)

The exit corridor for Reflections of China is known at the "Street of Good Fortune". It was intentionally made too narrow to give persons exiting the theater the sense of the crowding one would feel on the streets of China.

In order to keep Spaceship Earch from collapsing on itself due its enormous weight, it had to be built in two giant sections.

Imagine if you will a table sitting on top of the four legs you see jutting out of the bottom of Spaceship Earth. 3/4 of the geodesic dome sits on top of the table while the remaining 1/4 of the dome hangs from the table.

(this is my ENOTD for 5/9 as I'll be out golfing tomorrow, enjoy and have a magical day!!)

To expand on the King of Morocco's participation in the Morocco Pavilion:

When EPCOT Center was being designed, it was planned that the governments of each country would officially sponsor their respective pavilions, and Disney met with each of those governments. However, all of the countries were signatories to the Bureau International des Expositions, or International Exhibitions Bureau, the agency that governs World's Fairs, and it was quickly discovered that the BIE bylaws strictly prohibit any fair exhibit from lasting for more than six months. Since World Showcase was meant to be a "permanent World's Fair" most of the governments were forced to decline sponsorship. Only the King of Morocco was willing to defy the BIE, and his government is still the only one that officially sponsors a pavilion at Epcot.

As far as I know, Morocco suffered no repercussions from the BIE and remains a member in good standing.

In order to keep guests dry inside Spaceship Earth, there is a large rubber membrane that covers the inside of the huge golfball.

The 3 computers that help control your car on Test Track actually have more computing power than the Space Shuttle.

To expand on the King of Morocco's participation in the Morocco Pavilion:

When EPCOT Center was being designed, it was planned that the governments of each country would officially sponsor their respective pavilions, and Disney met with each of those governments. However, all of the countries were signatories to the Bureau International des Expositions, or International Exhibitions Bureau, the agency that governs World's Fairs, and it was quickly discovered that the BIE bylaws strictly prohibit any fair exhibit from lasting for more than six months. Since World Showcase was meant to be a "permanent World's Fair" most of the governments were forced to decline sponsorship. Only the King of Morocco was willing to defy the BIE, and his government is still the only one that officially sponsors a pavilion at Epcot.

As far as I know, Morocco suffered no repercussions from the BIE and remains a member in good standing.

I am not 100% sure but I do believe that because it is still sponsored by the Moroccan Govt., they do not allow lights on the strutures. So it is the only pavillion NOT lit for Illuminations. I believe it is because of religious beliefs.
Can someone back me up? I cannot find where I read this at....

The 3 computers that help control your car on Test Track actually have more computing power than the Space Shuttle.

:eek: Didn't know that......wow!

I am not 100% sure but I do believe that because it is still sponsored by the Moroccan Govt., they do not allow lights on the strutures. So it is the only pavillion NOT lit for Illuminations. I believe it is because of religious beliefs.
Can someone back me up? I cannot find where I read this at....

I know this is true as well. :) Although, I don't have a source to link, it's true that Morocco doesn't participate in Illuminations for religious reasons and about the sponsorship.

Originally Walt was not interested in building another Disneyland park at the Florida location. His only interest was in EPCOT. Roy persuaded him to build what he called Disneyland East to get some money flowing into the company.

In the beginning World Showcase and Future World were designed to be two seperate parks. The Imagineers realized they didn't have enough material to make two parks, so they combined them into one.

Almost all the ride vehicles and ride props were constructed by Disney at WED Enterprises and MAPO in California. The completed components were prepped for shipping and trucked across the country to Florida. Often times there were large convoys of trucks hauling Epcot stuff across the south.

In the American Adventure show, the sets are raised and lowered 14 feet in less then 10 seconds.

Many of the plans for the pavillions were scaled back as the opening day deadline crunch was approached. For example. The ride in the Mexico Pavillion, The Rio Del Tiempo, was actually halved down to only 8 minutes long. Today the ride is known as the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros

Epcot (along with a large percentage of the disney parks) uses forced perspective to make buildings seem larger or smaller than they actually are. while there is plenty of Epcot related forced perspective trivia to be shared, one that I find particularly interesting is: The Eiffel Tower replica in the France Pavillion is covered with a sticky substance to deter birds from using it as a perch and thus show how small is truly is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter