EPCOT moonlight

We made it for Jan 25. I was expecting to enter the names for all the guests, but only saw a spot to select the total number of guests. Do we list everybody's names later? Anyhow, I was excited when they announced MM and it overlapped a trip, and thrilled that we got it.
Only name needed is the member that will check in for the group.

Hello All, I have been reading though this and other threads and have a few Moonlight Magic questions I hope this group can help answer.

I am an “Associate DVC Member”, NOT the “Purchaser” or an “Additional Purchaser”. I was added as a DVC Associate Member by the DVC Purchaser. As an Associate Member, I made 4 DVC reservations that coincide with MM at AK on April 23rd an event my family desperately wants to attend.
  • Would I, as a DVC Associate Member, receive the MM registration Email or does that email go only to the “Purchaser”? I made the room reservations, so I hope the email comes to me.
  • When should we expect to receive the MM registration email for April 23rd AK? The AK early registration date is Feb 1st. According to this thread the EPCOT early registration was today, and the emails went out yesterday, Jan 8th. Should I start looking for the AK registration email on Jan 31st? Seems kind of late to wait for the email.
  • When entering the name(s) on the event registration form, who should be entered? Only me as the Associate Member who made the reservations? Or only the DVC Purchaser?
  • The DVC Website states the following “Member who is selected during the event registration process must be present and check in their full party at the event.”. I am hoping this means me as an Associate Member, not the Purchaser.
  • Does the que typically open at 11:00am EST? Does signing in before 11am EST have any benefits? Why do some proclaim on this thread that they were “done registering at 8:01”? Maybe MST time?
Thanks all in advance and thanks to JasonMak2000 for creating this thread as it has been very helpful.

Hello All, I have been reading though this and other threads and have a few Moonlight Magic questions I hope this group can help answer.

I am an “Associate DVC Member”, NOT the “Purchaser” or an “Additional Purchaser”. I was added as a DVC Associate Member by the DVC Purchaser. As an Associate Member, I made 4 DVC reservations that coincide with MM at AK on April 23rd an event my family desperately wants to attend.
  • Would I, as a DVC Associate Member, receive the MM registration Email or does that email go only to the “Purchaser”? I made the room reservations, so I hope the email comes to me.
  • When should we expect to receive the MM registration email for April 23rd AK? The AK early registration date is Feb 1st. According to this thread the EPCOT early registration was today, and the emails went out yesterday, Jan 8th. Should I start looking for the AK registration email on Jan 31st? Seems kind of late to wait for the email.
  • When entering the name(s) on the event registration form, who should be entered? Only me as the Associate Member who made the reservations? Or only the DVC Purchaser?
  • The DVC Website states the following “Member who is selected during the event registration process must be present and check in their full party at the event.”. I am hoping this means me as an Associate Member, not the Purchaser.
  • Does the que typically open at 11:00am EST? Does signing in before 11am EST have any benefits? Why do some proclaim on this thread that they were “done registering at 8:01”? Maybe MST time?
Thanks all in advance and thanks to JasonMak2000 for creating this thread as it has been very helpful.

Good question. In the past, an associate member could control the DVC account with member services (make/cancel reservations, bank points. and so forth.) But the actual member needed to be present for any DVC Discounts or special event type things. As an associate member, you can call Member Services and find out for sure if you will be eligible for Moonlight Magic, or if the actual member needs to be present. I'm guessing it has to be the actual member that needs to be there, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask. I think it says you'll need to show a digital membership card and an ID.

As far as the registration email, the time stamp on my email was yesterday at 10:13 (11:13 Eastern) so just about 24 hours before your registration begins.

If you are eligible, I needed to enter the DVC Membership Number (number on the card) and the system found my resort reservation, my name, and asked how many members of your party would be attending. You'll also need to check off a bunch of check boxes.

Last edited:
When registering yesterday it only allowed my husband or I to be listed as the primary to check in. We do not have any associate members on our account so take that for what it is worth.

Our children are full DVC members on one of our contracts, so we have two membership numbers. They are not on the ID our stay was booked under, so they were not a primary option for the event.

Yes, the queue opens at 11am EST. You want to click the box prior to 11am so you are in the queue when the complete the initial scramble to allow you in the website. Yes, there will be people registering in different time zones.

The registration process list the owners and you must select one of them that will check in for the event. As an Associate Member, you can't check in for the event and will not be able to attend UNLESS an owner from the membership is present to check in the group.

The registration process list the owners and you must select one of them that will check in for the event. As an Associate Member, you can't check in for the event and will not be able to attend UNLESS an owner from the membership is present to check in the group.
We have an associate member staying in our room and she was not listed during the MM registration process.

Hi All,
First a BIG Thank You to Chuck S, Disneybuckeye, Erionm, and calismic for your very helpful replies.

I can now expect that the “Purchaser” (DVC Owner) will receive the registration email. I’ll have him look out for that approximately 24 hours before registration begins. I now realize that the member number is entered first then you get to select the member’s name, again DVC Owner not an Associate Member (me). I also now know that the DVC Owner, not an Associate Member, must be present to check in their full party at the event.

This is soooo helpful, Thank You All!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter