Epcot Moonlight Magic Feb 8

Epcot was our first ever MM event and we loved it. Given that it was free, it's hard to complain about anything. One thing that would have helped us is if the brochure that was handed out upon entry (which ended up being just after 6:30) had been included as an attachment in the Email that we received the day before. We tried to absorb all the information regarding the snack locations, times, etc, but being as it was our first time, it was a little difficult mapping out our night. It would have been great to have that info prior to attending. But overall, a fantastic night!

The vouchers sound so much better than the hot dog , chips and soda from one spot some years ago at Epcot.

We are aiming for DHS in May.

So people are saying you can get your wristband and vouchers as early as 430...can you use the vouchers that early?

Hadn’t seen it mentioned, the bonus fireworks show at 11pm IMO is not to be missed specifically for the finale if you’re right by the DJ centrally at the world showcase entrance. It’s like they had a backlog of fireworks they needed to get rid of… also second what other said that in our case 12 coupons all around the world showcase booths before 9pm was a mountainous variety of delicious free food that more than covered dinner for the four of us and then some, around $100 worth. Seemed to be substantially better value and variety than the popcorn/pretzels up front, and obviously you didn’t need to use coupons for the ice cream later on at 10pm once you’d digested a bit.

Hadn’t seen it mentioned, the bonus fireworks show at 11pm IMO is not to be missed specifically for the finale if you’re right by the DJ centrally at the world showcase entrance. It’s like they had a backlog of fireworks they needed to get rid of… also second what other said that in our case 12 coupons all around the world showcase booths before 9pm was a mountainous variety of delicious free food that more than covered dinner for the four of us and then some, around $100 worth. Seemed to be substantially better value and variety than the popcorn/pretzels up front, and obviously you didn’t need to use coupons for the ice cream later on at 10pm once you’d digested a bit.
Agree on all points! It was all leaps and bounds better than the first post-covid MM at Epcot last year.

I don't know where you think you're trying to go with all this positivity. You're supposed to say:
  • The new lottery system is unfair.
  • On-property guests shouldn't get advance purchase priority.
  • You have 27 family members and you feel cheated that only 5 of you could go.
  • You shouldn't have had to wait for everyone to be there to enter together because your cousin decided the night before to fly in from Omaha.
  • The food options were too few and they really should provide a voucher for a proper meal.
  • It started too late.
  • It ended too early
  • There weren't enough ice cream and soda stands
  • The popcorn line was too long.
  • EVERY line was too long.
  • They didn't have a super-special, limited edition popcorn bucket (see point above).
  • There wasn't enough DVC/MM merchandise
  • They didn't have the RIGHT DVC/MM merchandise.
  • It wasn't "worth" the money (even though it's free).
I mean, it sounds like you just went and had fun, and there's no way THAT could happen... 😉

I don't know where you think you're trying to go with all this positivity. You're supposed to say:
  • The new lottery system is unfair.
  • On-property guests shouldn't get advance purchase priority.
  • You have 27 family members and you feel cheated that only 5 of you could go.
  • You shouldn't have had to wait for everyone to be there to enter together because your cousin decided the night before to fly in from Omaha.
  • The food options were too few and they really should provide a voucher for a proper meal.
  • It started too late.
  • It ended too early
  • There weren't enough ice cream and soda stands
  • The popcorn line was too long.
  • EVERY line was too long.
  • They didn't have a super-special, limited edition popcorn bucket (see point above).
  • There wasn't enough DVC/MM merchandise
  • They didn't have the RIGHT DVC/MM merchandise.
  • It wasn't "worth" the money (even though it's free).
I mean, it sounds like you just went and had fun, and there's no way THAT could happen... 😉
I apologize for any positivity I have brought to this thread. This thread should probably be locked and thrown away for violating the spirit of the site :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Epcot was our first ever MM event and we loved it. Given that it was free, it's hard to complain about anything. One thing that would have helped us is if the brochure that was handed out upon entry (which ended up being just after 6:30) had been included as an attachment in the Email that we received the day before. We tried to absorb all the information regarding the snack locations, times, etc, but being as it was our first time, it was a little difficult mapping out our night. It would have been great to have that info prior to attending. But overall, a fantastic night!
Use the Member Feedback tool on the website and let them know! Might help for the next MM you get to attend!

Was at BWV on the night before MM, had to get a room at Pop Century for the night of the event. Took SkyLiner to event from PC, having left the car parked at BWV all day. At the IG entry Disney had set-up the line on the right next to the entry for the boats to and from the resorts. Got there @6:05 and we were 10th in line. Disney stated checking people in @6:25, I had a problem as they could not find my reservation on the system by scanning my MB or under my name. Had to get a manager over to "see" a printed copy of my reservation then they found it using my reservation #. (NOTE: Always print out a copy of reservations for special events, as this is the 3rd time I had this type of issue). After receiving bands, vouchers, and layout, a waiting area was set-up, then they started allowing people into EPCOT @6:40.
We went straight to The Land/Sunshine Seasons for something to eat, used our vouchers for fruit and drinks, went over to Soaring (10 min wait), boat ride (no wait); went to the ball (no wait). Went to check on entry to GotG, they were not allowing people to generate a queue until 9PM, went over the Connections and used the rest of our vouchers, came back to GotG at 9:05 (10 min wait, mostly walking to the 1st preview show) and rode with a total wait time of 20 mins. At this time the wait time posted for Space was 15 min, did not ride; rode TT (15 min wait); went to Mexico ride (no wait); went to check Frozen ride (30+ wait) did not ride now. It was @10 PM, went to snack stand in front of Frozen Princesses meet and greet location, 2 min wait to get ice cream. Went back to Frozen ride (20 min wait); after riding Frozen, walking to France, stopped by and got 2 ice creams per person in the group, found a seat over in Mexico taking a break ate the ice cream. Headed over to France, watched 11PM fire works on the way, then rode Ratatouille (10 min wait), big line forms right after the fire works.
Called it a night, as we had to walk to our car at BWV, and I had already put in 25K+ steps that day.

Last edited:
Had a great time at Moonlight Magic last night. Ride lines were short, food lines were longer but moved quickly, meet and greet lines were long but it was great to see, Koda, Coco, Remy and others. It took us a bit to figure out the food options. For those going to the next one- My tip would be to get there at or before 7 and use your snack vouchers at the festival kiosks - better value (before 9)- anything listed as a snack item at a kiosk or at the quick service restaurants (Regal Eagle-till 9:00, Connections Cafe and Kringla Bakery and various carts till 1:00 AM-, Sunshine Seasons & Connections Eatery till 10:00 PM- can be purchased with your voucher- you cannot use the vouchers at kiosks in Italy, France, China, Mexico or Japan- Unlimited Ice cream began at 10. They do close off the world showcase from the edge of Norway to France around 10:00. All in all- we did all we wanted and were back at the resort by midnight. Hope everyone has a great time!
So this means you can’t walk around world
Showcase in that direct after 10pm? But you can go the other way and exit at international gateway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter